“Would love to go back.”

Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch
Ranked #20 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and I would glady go back to this hotel. Very accessible as it is just a 5 min walk to the xinsheng mrt station. It is the main reason why I picked it and I wasn't wrong with my decision. With the daan station opening (which would be right in front of the hotel) it would be so easy to get to and from the hotel. The park is just in front of the hotel which is perfect for a morning stroll around. The rooms were great and very spacious. The complementary snacks they put out after room service is terrific. Love the breakfast buffet, there are various choice that would really fill you. If I go back to Taipei I would definitely choose this hotel and recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013
金蒨, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Greetings from Dandy Hotel-Daan branch.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed yourself, and were kind enough to share some of your thoughts about a visit with us.All staff are expecting to see you in the nearly future.

Sincerely yours,

There are newer reviews for Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The rooms are neat and tidy. The bed is very comfortable. I esp like the welcoming drinks and snacks. It was simply warm and sweet. Will definitely back to this hotel next time. Although it takes 10 mins for us to walk to the train station, we can still take taxi, which is very cheap, there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
金蒨, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your Dandy Hotel-Daan branch Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. We are glad to know that your journey was pleasant, and you were enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again for the feedback. We all are looking forward to your next visit!

With best regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

As many reviewers before me, I was very pleased with the hotel.
The frontdesk is very helpful (aspecially Krystel) and speaks good English.
The rooms are big enough and have great beds. The breakfast is a mixture of Asian and western and is good. The location is also good, all transport facilities in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Deb27076899, 經理 at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

It was our pleasure to receive your review about our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our service especial the service from Krystal. I will pass your high mark onto her and believe she will very happy to know it.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back!
Thank you so much again for your feedback.

Warm regard

Dandy Hotel-Daan Park Branch
Hotel Manager / Debra Chang

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is my first stay in Dandy Daan. I chose this hotel because:
1. Of its great review in Tripadvisor about its staff, service and rooms and also location and not forgetting about its great breakfast.
2. Nearest (Modern and clean) hotel to Yong kang street (eat street).
3. Location somewhat near to MRT/bus.
4. Affordable price

I must say I am very happy with my stay in Dandy. Before I book, I wrote to them asking lots of questions about their hotel and they answered promptly and clearly. Communicating via email with them is so easy and it made me feel so valued as a potential customer. Eventually, I book with them but later realised that I have made a mistake on the type of room that I want. I told (emailed) them about this and they gladly changed it for me almost immediately. The way they work really impressed me I can tell even before I go that I made a right choice.

One thing about Taiwan hotel which i find rather funny is you need to tell them to clean your room every morning before you leave the hotel, or else it won't be clean. And even though we did, it was not cleaned until after 4pm, reason being they are always full. Towels on the first two days of our stay stinks, soft drinks not refill and toilet bowl slightly smells too. However, we were too tired from the whole day travelling to tell them that and after the 3rd day, it was ok..acceptable. Rooms were small for our standard but clean with huge balconies (we stayed in the Elite room). It is bright and airy when we open the balcony door which has a mozzy netting. Very nice...instead of aircon all the time. We had our supper at the balcony when our boy was asleep and its was not noisy at all even though its next to a double lane road. They also have air humidifier in the room. Breakfast was fantanstic. Service was good and food was delicious. Staff were very friendly, chef always communicating with the quest and voilinist entertaining us on weekends during our meals.

We used their laundry room a couple of times...very clean and convenient and its free even with detergent provided. 7-11 next door and by year end, Daan MRT park just outside the door. Taxi is easily available and relatively cheap. Taiwan transport system is easy, cheap and convenient provided:
1. You are able and willing to walk (under the heat/rain)
2. You are a light traveller
3. You can read or at least speaks some mandarin (as people on the street does not speak English) in order to ask for directions
4. You have the time to find/explore this stations and making sure you are on the right track or risk being lost and ended up wasting a lot of time and money going to your destination.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to couples or family with 1 child max utilising their extra bed or else take two rooms as the room are small, or unless you can get their suite room. Other than that, this hotel is great and affordable and the people are real.

Room Tip: Only room 307 & 308 have huge balconies. They are facing Daan park.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
金蒨, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear value guest,

Cheers and good day, and thanks to you-not only for taking the time to write a review, but for your enthusiasm about our hotel.

I am deeply sorry that your first two days wasn't a pleasurable one. Please accept our apologize again.

Please let me know when you are able to visit again.

Thank you and hope all the good things will go with you.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed in the above hotel again. This time with my family members. Booked 2 rooms. 1102 and 1002.
Have since stayed in rooms at 09 ( 1 Double bed but can add additional Bed ) and then 08 ( Twin Bed no Windows) and 02 ( 1 Double bed).
This visit was fantastic, I love the room of 02. Jacuzzi and a seperate section for shower and it comes with a rainforest type of shower head.
Bruce as usual the chef in the kitchen with his huge smile. greeted all the morning breakfast people with a smile asking them how was the food.
Reception staff on duty for 21 and 22 was fantestic, Helped me to order and purchased and collect my cake for my parents 27th anniversary.
I did not know when my parents anniversary was till i was there and realise their anniversary was on the 23may.
Imagine having visited taiwan-taipei so many times but i never knew how to purchase cakes and had to give my parents a suprise on 23may.
Luckily the hotel reception staff solve my problem, my mother being the fussy eater hates to eat cake with lotsa of cream. I just told the reception staff about the problems and they manage to purchase the cake for me and my parents-my mother especially love it to bits. Imagine instead of having cream in between layers of cake, 1 of the layer was actually pudding. The pudding usually used for bubble tea in singapore.
Cake-Fruit cake was fresh and not to sweet and not to creamy. A sweet pink colour cake.

Pros:
-try to book early. I actually wanted to book 1 room of twin bed and 1 room of double bed.
But last min realize rooms are not availble and book 2 rooms of double bed instead.
-Daan Park Mrt opening at the end of 2013. 1 of the exits is outside of hotel
- 7-11 is outside for those who wish to buy drinks and maggi mee and food
-Subway on the outside too
- Yongkang Street 10mins away.( DinTaiFung is there, Alot of food restaurant)
-Exercise Manics can visit Daan Park across Street
-Cheap and affordable

Cons:
-This trip as its nearing summer, they provided 2 cans of free drinks (Coke and Nestea), they forgetten to refilled the drinks for 3 days of my trip. I had to ask from the cleaner lady who gave a very not very pleased face. Its not that i want to get more but the cleaner aunties was not giving any. I dont like begging for stuff.

- Laundry was not put up into rooms, I had to enquire at the reception about my clothes, Maybe its a peak season so its forgiven

- I ask for 6 bottles of mineral water, Similarily twice was not done. I only see 2 bottles when i requested for 6.

Compliment: To Debra, please give my thanks to the reception staff for all their help on the whole 6 days without you guys the suprise will not be successful. and also to the 2 male waiters on duty on the 23may for bringing the cakes out for my parents and to the cleaner auntie working on the 26may morning. She is very good and have a face full of smiles. Keep up all the good Work. Hope to see you guys again.

PS: Please dont make the room rates so expensive next year I really want to stay back your hotel again

Room Tip: Try to Choose room at 02 for those who are staying in a double bed
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
金蒨, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

It's too kind of you to take the time to write a review about our hotel and we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

We're truly sorry that our housekeeper forgot offer 6 bottles of water for you and I had noted it in your profile.

Please let us know when you might come back again, we will make sure that your service matches your needs.

Thank you so much again for your feedback.

Dandy Hotel Daan branch
Lemmi chin

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Dandy at Daan is under the hotel group which manages all Dandy Hotels and City Inn Hotels in Taipei. Very friendly staff and good services (they even offer violin play during the breakfast, which was a very nice surprise to us). The hotel and room is a bit small, but it's ok for us. It's ~7-8 minutes work to the nearest MRT stop and famus Yong Kang district. There's a new MRT stop under construction right next to the hotel. There's a 7-11 next door. I would choose to stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows. It's kinda dark during the day.
1  Thank lvwei1123
金蒨, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

It was such a thrill to read a review like yours. I am happy to see that you enjoyed yourself, and were kind enough to share some of your thoughts about a visit with us.

Please let us know when you might come back again, we will make sure that your room matches your needs.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My partner and I had an amazing stay at the Dandy Hotel. The Dandy at Daan is at a very convenient location with easy access to the Daan MRT (about a 10 minute walk), frequent buses to the bustling Xinyi District, ample taxis, and lots to do in walking distance. The rooms are extremely clean with plenty of amenities given that it is a budget hotel. The hidden gem of the Dandy is the service. The staff were kind and attentive throughout our stay. When they saw that we were heading out for a run around Daan Park (across the street), they ran to get us bottled waters for our trip. So impressed!

The only things to keep in mind are:
(1) the breakfast is not fantastic. It's pretty bare bones and quite loud. The brought in a live violinist to perform, which had good intentions, but was more awkward than entertaining given the small dining space. So we passed on the breakfast after the first day, which isn't a big deal since Taiwanese local breakfast is amazing!!!
(2) the noise from outside can be a slight annoyance since the Daan Park MRT is still under construction. Still, I thought for the price, it was worth putting up with a little noise (which only happened during the day -- not at night).

We are heading back again in June for another stay, which goes to show the excellent experience we had!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your response and the positive rating! I am happy to see that you enjoyed yourself, and were kind enough to share of your thoughts about a visit with us. We are addressing some of the issue you brought up. We always trying our best to improve the breakfast quality to satisfy our guests'.

Please let me know when you are visit again this month, I'll asking the violinist playing the soft music during your stay period.

Cheers, I hope this find you well and hope to see you soon!

Dandy Hotel-Daan Park Branch