“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #2 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location is good and very easy to find, about 10 mins away from Taipei main station. There's MacDonald, KFC and 7-eleven nearby. Very convenient and accessible.

The staff are very friendly and cheerful. We often asked for direction and recommendations and they are so helpful. They even to go to the extend to do help us ask around and check out where to buy the CNY goodies that we were looking for.

The room may be a bit small but all the necessary basic items such as complimentary water, snacks, towels and toiletries are well prepared and replenished/changed daily. The design of the room and switches of lights are all very neatly done. All the light switches are labelled clearly and easy to reach.There's free Wifi and quite a wide variety of TV channels. Most importantly, it is very clean.

There's a pantry beside the lobby you can get hot water. There's fridge and even microwave. There's also a laundry area. Very thoughtful.

As it was our honeymoon, the hotel staff prepared something very special for us on the last night. It was really a surprise and it was very kind of them.

We are not particular about space, so with such affordable price and good location, we are very happy with the hotel. Service was really good and the overall experience is wonderful. Definitely coming back again when I visit Taiwan in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenniferfish, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued guest

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II and taking your precious time to share a review with us.We are so glad that you satisfied your honeymoon surprise! Additionally, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel amenities and service, and your positive comment will be passed on to our housekeeping team and our front desk staff. I'm sure this will be a big encouragement to them.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we are all sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II in the near future!

CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch II

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed February 2, 2013

What I like about the hotel:

1) Service is top notch! The staff at the counter are super friendly and helpful. They will not hesitate to help you with your queries and also offer their food tips such as where to go for nice local food and nice food at the night markets.

I also like that they also work with some pastry shops to order and deliver guests' pastry order to the hotel (e.g. Sun biscuits and Pineapple pastries). It helps as I don't want to carry the boxes of pastries around when I am travelling around in Taipei.

2) Facilities - They provide laundry service for guests. Which is good for guests who are staying more than a week in Taiwan. Wifi is free for guests.

They have a small pantry at Ground Floor where you can get your drink (there is a coffee maker and water dispenser).

The room has chic and cool design, bright and cheery! :) The room is generally clean.

3) Location - It is about 10 - 15 mins walk to Ningxia Night Market. Good for foodies.
The hotel is about 5 - 10 min walk to Taipei Station (an interchange station for the lines), which makes it quite convenient. For those who want quick bite, KFC and McDonald's is just across the street.

What I didn't like about the hotel:
The only thing I don't like about the hotel is that lift is a bit small. But it is a small hotel building to begin with.

Overall I am quite pleased with my stay at City Inn Taipei Station II. Keep up the good work folks!

1 Thank msiainsg
Jenniferfish, Surpervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Valued guest

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II. We are truly appreciative of the detail information about our service and facilities that you willing to share. Additionally, we are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service, facilities and like our room design. Your positive comment will be passed on to our housekeeping team and our front desk staff. I'm sure this will be a big encouragement to them.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and encouragement. Wish you have a nice day and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II in the near future!

Singapore
Reviewed February 1, 2013

good location, good service, good facility, quality personal touch. Experience with city inn group is always good, and it is one of the reasons which attracts me to keep returning to Taiwan. It has successfully established its brand name in my heart. The only problem would be insufficient spaces for hanging clothes.

• Stayed January 2013
Harris961, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. It's our honor to be the attraction of Taiwan :) Additionally, we will take the clothes hanging problem seriously and improve it as soon as passible.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everything that you read in the previous reviews are true. I love, love, love the location, their service, their rooms were really stylish with small touches that were really appreciated (Bedside light switch that lights up in the dark? Way cool. Also, thanks for the small snacks 好好吃oh)

What did I like about this hotel?

1.I had booked my room online, and they'd given me a call (all the way from taiwan) to confirm my booking.
2.I came in a day early, and they allowed us to leave our luggages there since we were leaving for jiufen.
3.When we got back from wet, cold jiufen (didn't check the weather forecast THERE), we were tired of damp, depressing rain and coming into City Inn II was like walking into a sunny warm place; what with the smiles from the young ladies and men manning the counter,and the cheery wall decals (orange!).
4. Like like like the pantry next to the reception. Coffee machine, a steriliser for the cups, fridge, a big area to rest and watch tv, with your cuppa. How thoughtful.....
5. All of the above plus a clean, minimalist deco to the rooms made my stay more than comfortable.

Notes: I didn't get the name of the young man who called Taipei Zoo and ask the weather there. He went out of his way. Also the young ladies who pulled out their map and showed us how to get to the bookstore street...I thank you. I like their work attitude. :)

Just one thing I'll like to mention, because I know City inn watches this columns...:) Pls change the shower cap. It doesn't stretch well. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jenniferfish, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II. We are truly appreciative of the description from your "Cityinn experience" and thank you for willing to share with other travelers in this famous website. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home. Your comment is such a great encouragement to us and we will improve the quality of shower caps as soon as possible :)

singapore
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This has been my best hotel stay experience in taipei yeah.

Location:
1. Just a 5 to 8 minutes away from taipei main station. Easily connected to mrt, rail and speed trains.
2. Some warehouse stationery, Chinese New Year deco items near the hotel.
3. A famous nice egg tart store nearby! With 7 eleven, cosmo and fast food areas just around the corner. What else do you want to ask for!!

Room and lobby area:
1. Hotel area was very clean and a fresh refresher smell when you entered the hotel.
2. Free wifi in room and public areas
3. Free surfing using the common Mac
4. Drink station and rest area tuck right inside the hotel with tv!
5. Room and toilet super clean! With daily clean up services which made you feel so peaceful upon returning from shopping and sightseeing!!!

Service!!!
1. Superb good. The service staff were so friendly and courteous. Always with a nice wide smile to greet you before and after you left and returned to hotel.
2. Always readily to service and assist when we asked for directions, enquiries!
3. Provides value add services eg we asked for carton boxes to deliver items back to spore.

Thanks to the whole team of service staff.

Include Kelvin, Harris, David and Mark many.

Credit mention to three ladies - CLAIRE, LILIAN, ANNA, KAREN! We missed the chit chat sessions. We shared, we laughed and enjoyed! You are the best.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank serene2502
Chloelin, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking your precious time to write such a detailed review for us. We all were very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As our goal is to make every guest feel warm and comfortable like at home, the impression you shared was truly a great encouragement to us.I have shared with our team. We all feel very grateful that you compliment on our efforts.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours faithfully,

Chloe Lin / Supervisor
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Cheap, new and location is good. Only drawback is that the walls are very thin. We can hear what is going on outside and the rooms besides us. I visited my friend in CityInn 1 and the walls are just as thin. There is wifi too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

However, I was deeply regret to learn that you were disturbed by the noise. Cityinn hotel was tended to carefully designed to have all guest rooms with cozy condition and minimal noise; nevertheless we will look into this matter and seek further ways of improvement. I would like to take this opportunity to pass on my apologies once again, and will ensure that we will do our best to resolve the issue.

Once again your review is highly appreciated, we wish we will have the chance to serve you again.

ChloeLin / Supervisor
singapore
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed in this hotel throughout our 6D5N Taipei trip and it was indeed a wise choice to be. Reach the hotel way too early before check-in time (3pm) due to our morning flight and the service staff (which I didn't get his name..) helped us with checking in our luggage and guided us how to walk to the nearest breakfast shop. Went back in the afternoon to check-in and the kind staff have took the initiative to give us a window and bigger room to accommodate us. Though the room was a tad small, but it is more quiet compare to the other rooms which is nearer to the elevator (IMO). The room is always cleaned by the cleaning aunties and toilet are always like sparkling clean! (big thumbs up to the 2 cleaning aunties who are always there to throw away our stuffed to brim bins with rubbish..) If you are staying there, visit their pantry though. Love the DIY coffee machine there with!

Anyway the hotel is also near to one of my favorite night market (ning xia night market) and thanks to David's guide on how to walk there from our hotel (about 10-15mins walk) and recommended on the food to buy or not to buy there :)

It has been an enjoyable stay throughout. Thanks to all the service staffs whom I didn't get to know their names. Will definitely be trying out the other branches when I visit Taiwan again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that the Cityinn experience was up to your expectations.

We are greatly honored of your positive comments and pleased to know that you were satisfied with our facilities, services and location. Your generous and kind words are truly the best reward for us.

Thank you once again for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

Chloe Lin / Supervisor