“Unique but, but, but... where is the training?”
Review of Hotel Eclat Taipei

Hotel Eclat Taipei
Ranked #17 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Colorado
“Unique but, but, but... where is the training?”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Ok, a great small boutique hotel: classy, clean, and convenient to Taipei 101.
Staff friendly and wants to be of service; room is Hi-tech with multiple devices: TV, DVD, Electronic shades, and the Japanese toilet! The latter will warm your seat, splash your butt, and warm you tush!
Here is the problem: the staff needs training: they will willingly agree to any need; but they cannot follow-thru: if you ask for coffee at breakfast, you might wait for ten minutes, and then the coffee might be warm to cool; no one ever asks for refills! If you ask for room service, we received ONE napkin for two; ONE silverware for two; and on and on.
We stayed for five nights: we asked for cream for coffee: and every day we asked again for more cream; after we asked, they would deliver; but we had to ask again. Again, training!
When we ordered room service for two: we received ONE napkin and ONE ketchup: and then when we asked for more, they brought them.
One big complain: paper napkins! Why? This is a five-star property?
Overall, I would recommend this property: location, quality people, and 21st century appointments!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica L, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings and thank you for your comprehensive review of our services and facilities. Guest experiences are very important to us as it form the basis of our on-going traning and effort to avoid any repetition in the future.

Thank you once again and I hope nevertheless you and your friend have enjoyed with us and we do look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel.

Hotel Eclat, Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is simply fantastic....from the moment you arrive and are greeted (I walked in and they immediately before I opened my mouth and said: Good afternoon Mr Edwards") The room (Premier 9 King Room) was simply amazing...fantastic jacuzzi; (open plan) wonderful shower; bed with television that electronically comes up from the bottom of the bed....really cannot be faulted in any way...would definitely stay again next time in Taipei....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Warmest Greetings.

Thank you for taking your time to post the kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. It is our mission to provide the utmost service and your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day. I will definitely share your encouraging comments with my associates.

Thanking you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent 7 days at Eclat TPE during Computex event.
Nice experience from all staff, very helpful and kind.
Unfortunetly found and wire hair in the watermelon plate during breakfast which was replaced quickly by the waiter.
Highly recommend, would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Warmest greetings.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us during your recent stay. Guest experiences are very important to us in order for us to take preventive measures to avoid any repetition in the future. We do appreciate your kind comments and sincerely look forward to your next stay in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at Éclat for one night at the delux twin bed room. The room is very clean but it echos what others have said before, relative petite. our experience was great, we were guided to our room and the staff took the time to explain all the amenities in the room, PS all the drinks in the mini bar are free.

Service was really excellent. Other people have complained about the location but I think it's really convenient, it's not right next to a mrt station but it's pretty darn close to one, and most oftrue time cabs are conveniently stationed next to the hotel alley so you could always cab.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

The only complain that I have is that the AC in my room was broken, I've asked the hotel to fix it in the afternoon, and they have sent people up in a timely fashion. We were told to let it run for a bit so we left the room and went away. but after we came back to the hotel it wasn't fixed. The best that the hotel can do at the time was give us a fan and not another room. I've mentioned this to the check out staff but the staff did not offer any discount or anything to make it up for my stay which I find is odd for a 5 star hotel. If the hotel manager is reading this, it's Room 901.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Yutacheng
Jessica L, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from the Hotel Éclat, Taipei.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we were glad that our “Éclat Essentials” like the complimentary mini bar, personalized services and other amenities in the room contributed to you awarding us with a perfect score. However, your valuable comments in regard the temperature of the room is very much appreciated and please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that may have caused to you.

Your valuable comments will definitely form the basis of our on-going training and effort to avoid any repetition in the future. I hope that you nevertheless have enjoyed your stay with us and we do look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel.

Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is well located, close to MRT transport, and has a taxi staff on hand should you prefer to travel that way. The lobby greets you with visually overwhelming amount of art and decorations, but in a unique and charming way. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I stayed in a corner room, and had a view of Taipei 101. Street noise was an issue, but the turn-down service turned on a radio with classical music, and it helped set a calm mood upon my evening arrival. The bathroom is of note, as the toilet is one of the fancy Japanese concoctions with a million buttons and heated seat, and the shower is a black marble, wood planked alcove. I was able to control the temperature in my room, and the room came with extra blankets to accomodate the already comfy cozy bed. They even have a variety of pillows from which to choose. Also, everything in my mini-fridge was free!

The downsides, and the reasons why I didn't rate the hotel five excellent, are as follows:1) the breakfast buffet, while kind of large and somewhat tasty, lacked a certain something. Maybe more options from the menu besides eggs? I guess I prefer more sweeter options at breakfast that an average guest (pancakes, french toast, muffins); 2) the elevators were slow and very poorly lit, I was constantly hitting the wrong buttons because I could barely see in the elevator; 3) while the room had very cool mood lighting, I thought the work space and vanity space could have been better lit too, and in fact, my friend's room's mood lighting was flashing weird colors in a disco fashion; and 4) the hotel bar was very small and only one bartender, so it took 20 minutes to get four drinks made for one order.

All of these are minor things, but something to consider. Personally, if I'm in Taipei again, I would come back.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, and could see Taipei 101, whereas my friend was on the 5th floor, and could...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from the Hotel Eclat, Taipei and it was our pleasure of having you stay with us during your recent trip to Taiwan.

We appreciate your kind comments received in regard to the overall ambience and our “Éclat Essentials” like the complimentary mini bar, personalized services and other amenities in the room. At the same time we thank you for your valuable suggestions in other areas and we will definitely take into consideration during one of our upgrading programmes.

Thanking you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the not too distant future.

Greve, Denmark
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have stayed in a lot of hotels, and always been able to regulate the temperature in our rooms.

However, it is not possible in this hotel as the temperature is set to 25 degrees and central controlled for all rooms...25 degrees in too hot in the summer time, we prepare 20 - 22 degrees.

They start to tell you the air-condition in the room is not working...but when you ask more intensive you will find out it is not possible to change the temperature in the rooms.

Therefore, I cannot figure out how they got the TripAdvisor Traveler award, when they are cheating and informing that there is air-condition in the room.

Also, our confirmation informed that it was a smoking-room, I know it is illegal in Taipei - But the confirmation, said yes to smoking.

The balcony was so small that it was almost impossible to smoke there - The balcony are only opened on request - However, on our reservation is tell that we have a balcony...

The desk chair is in plastic and specially designed by Philippe Starck - After sitting for more than 15 minutes, you will get a pain in your back.

Otherwise nice decorations and office features, nice breakfast, VERY small rooms, but they must change the description of the room features on the web page and room confirmation.

Room Tip: Its small rooms, no-smoking, no air-con in each room, no balcony (only on special request), and the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Kim R
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings and thank you for staying at the Hotel Eclat, Taipei during your recent trip to Taiwan.

Thank you for your comprehensive review and your valuable suggestions have been very much appreciated and will form the basis of our on-going training and effort to avoid any repetition in the future. I hope that you nevertheless have enjoyed your stay with us and we do look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel.

Thanking you once again and warmest regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently had an occasion to travel to Taiwan for the first time. I have been to that part of the world frequently but never to Taiwan. My trip was a last minute decision, so I had to make my arrangements quickly, so i went to Frommers on line guide for one of their top hotel picks, which was Hotel Eclat, the beginning of an incredible experience. My trip began out of New York City on EVA airlines of a direct flight landing at 5:00AM way ahead of the12:00PM check-in time. I arrived at the hotel around 6:00am and was advised that due to the tech convention in town that an early check-in was unlikely so I checked my bags and headed out to explore the city (early and tired)and about two hrs. later I returned to the hotel and figured i would just sit in the loby and wait till the room was ready. A few minutes later I was greeted by Fanny Chen, Guest Service
Manager who offered me a complimentary beverage, and gave me the access code for the free WIFI, told that they were making every effort to get me into my room within the hour( that happened!). From that point on everything that I needed, from directions to suggestions was provided with accuracy and sincere enthusiasm to assist. At every level, every employee that I came in contact had a willing smile and seemed to be capable of anticipating my needs.
Although the room was a little smaller that I thought it would be, the comfort and the appointments were great( the decor, the hi tech sound system, Three shower heads, japanese toilets, pillow selection,and the best bed upon which I have ever slept, coffee maker).
But just when I thought things could not get any better, when I checked out, not only were my bags put in the cab but the desk attendent walked me to the cab, shook my hand and wished me a safe journey home, leaving to think "do I really want to go?" I had to but I will be back!
G.Flad visited 6/6/13 to 6/13/13

Room Tip: very nice restaurants within three blocks walking left as you leave the front door. the breakfast g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from the Hotel Eclat, Taipei.

We would like to thank you for your valuable comments. Guest comments are vitally important to us and improvement are only possible if we truly understand our guests' experiences and we were glad to learn that our “Éclat Essentials” like the complimentary mini bar, personalized services and other amenities in the room contributed to you awarding us with a perfect score.

The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragement and positive feedbacks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.