“Very nice boutique hotel!”
Review of Hotel Eclat Taipei

Hotel Eclat Taipei
Ranked #14 of 583 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Loved my stay at this small boutique hotel. It's part of the Small Luxury Hotel group and you might want to sign up for their program to enjoy free breakfast and upgrades.
The room is not that big but good enough for 2 adults. It's modern, nicely decorated with some old fashioned phone but also has a very nice B&O sound system/CD player. No bath tub but a nice shower with Molton Brown amenities. Very nice indeed! They also provide a Nespresso coffee machine, which is much better than the usual powdered coffee.
Service is excellent, very helpful staff and friendly with good English command. The hotel is not too far from the metro station (still around 10 min walk) but if taking the bus doesn't scare you, they run right outside the hotel and will take you to the main shopping road in only 2 stops. Or you can shop away at the next door LV store.
Breakfast was good. Small choice but enough to get your day started.
Will definitely stay there again if I can get the same rate! My new favorite in Taipei, better than Hotel Quote for example.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank enelym1978
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your recent stay.

We are glad to note that you have enjoyed the facilities and the services provided whilst staying with us. One of the critireas when we employ Front of House Associates is to ensure they have a good command of English which we are pleased that you have acknowledged.

Having enjoyed your stay with us, we hope Hotel Eclat will be your choice of accommodation when you visit Taipei again.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was a little nervous about the small rooms so booked a corner room which I think is a little bigger. My husband still felt it was too small but I had no issues at all. I loved the in room nespresso maker with wonderful coffee and tea selection. The bathroom was amazing with cool lights and the fanciest bidet I've ever seen. Never even had to touch a button to flush!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the service exceptional. As for the reviews of the breakfast not having the best selection .... I am not sure why they say that. I found the breakfast to be exceptional and so did my husband. Not only do they have a nice selection of both western and chinese food on the buffet, you can also order from their menu. The freshly prepared menu items are 5 star quality. I would even say breakfast and the high tech rooms were the highlight, but of course the service from the staff would rank right up there as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SailAwaySanDiego
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your recent stay.

We very much appreciate the kind and positive comments that you have accorded us and most of all, we are glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay.

We are pleased that you have also enjoyed the breakfast set up consisting of a variety of western and chinese items. We have put in an effort to ensure that our guests enjoys a good quality spread of breakfast instead of mass quantities.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

arriving very late in the hotel after a long trip, it's great to have a fast checkin and be welcomed by name. this hotel has spectaculair interior design, superb service and extremely comfortable rooms. great bed , bathroom, shower. and nice to be able to make ur own nepresso cup of coffee . typical an example of an hotel why you should not always stay in a Hilton Marriott or Accor.it's a different look and feel!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Baba1956
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your recent stay.

We are glad that you have enjoyed the personalised services which we take pride in according all of our guests when staying with us. Other than the facilities which we have made available for our guests, we do believe the personal touch will make us a preferred choice of accommodation.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at the Eclat for 4 nights on the honeymoon package, which was great value and came with dinner, wine in the room, an upgrade to a Premier 9 room, freebies etc etc...

The room was wonderful, clean and modern with very expensive touches like the Bose sound system and the Mont Blanc accesories etc...The toilet seat was also a thing of wonder! I liked the open plan bathroom, and the wonderful bath in the room, but it may not be for everybody.

The meal in the European restaurant was excellent, real fine dining and great service, although the English wasnt 100% (im not being arrogant and expecting English everywhere, its just a fact).

The service from all of the staff was personal and top notch - so much so that they would pre empt what we wanted based on general chit chat.

Location wise, it was fine, its about 20 mins walk to taipei 101 area, and not that close to a metro - around 10 mins walk. Taxis are more convenient I think.

Overall, a lovely choice. Thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: Premier 9 rooms are lovely, but are also open plan bathrooms with zero privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin G
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your recent stay.

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback acknowledging that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the benefits of taking up our honeymoon package. We do believe the personal touch which is accorded to you and all of our guests will impress upon them to stay with us again.

As a boutique hotel, service excellence and attention to guest details would rate amongst the top in our priorities in ensuring our guests enjoy a comfortable stay experience.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

When we checked into the hotel our first instinct was not to leave because the room was so comfortable and attractive. The bathroom has every amenity. The art in the hotel, in the lobby and in the rooms, is worth a visit. My description simply cannot do justice to what a great hotel this is. We had one issue with the flag (outside our window) creating an annoying noise because of the wind. We asked to be moved and the staff quickly met our request and placed us in a quiet room. I had many requests of the staff and they were extremely helpful. The staff completed cards for taxis for us and recommended restaurants within walking distance. The service at breakfast was superb. I would stay here again without any hesitation. We have traveled to many different countries and this hotel is by far our favorite.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the main road are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your recent stay.

We appreciate the kind comments received with regards to the facilities and services which you have experienced during your stay. It gives us great pleasure to note that we have met up with your expectations.

The positive feedback received will certainly go along way for my colleagues and I to ensure that all our guests enjoy a similar comfortable stay experience. We look forward to very much to your next visit to Hotel Eclat.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 3 times in recent months, while travelling for work.
The hotel is located in a residential - non touristic - area, though it is still within few minutes by taxi from the most interesting places of Taipei.  This is a small hotel: there is no swimming pool, gym or other facilities typical of larger hotels.

highlights
1. modern "high-tech" rooms with wood floor (= no carpet floor) and high ceilings.
2. the bed is large and comfortable.
3. good attentive service.
4. there is a Nespresso machine in the room and free taiwanese beer (2 cans) and plenty of free sodas in the minibar (at least for the room rate I booked).

lowlights
1. the rooms facing the main road are noisy and this is made worst by the road works currently ongoing outside the hotel. I would recommend to ask for a room located at a high floor (6th floor or higher) or on the building sides. The room air conditioning is also a bit noisy.

2.  breakfast - though good and served in a relaxing atmosphere - has limited choices and the menu is repetitive, mainly w/egg dishes (scrambled eggs, omelette, etc). For instance I would have liked to find also waffles, pancakes, french toasts, smoothies and more choices of fruits (mango?).

3. the internet connection is slow. During my stays I never got more than 0.4 Mbps in download.

4. the electronic room keys are unreliable and I frequently had problems for unlocking the door and once I had to go back to the lobby to get a new key. The last 2 points are especially relevant for a hotel that wants to be high tech.

Overall, if you are looking for a cosy, modern 4/5-star hotel in Taipei, for both work or leisure travel, I would definitely recommend the Eclat hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Alberto L
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your recent stay.

We are glad to note that overall you have enjoyed your stay and for choosing us as your choice of accomodation in the recent months.

We apologize for the noise disturbance which you experienced during your recent stay as it was mainly due to the road works that were being carried out by the local authorities along the Dunhua South Road. The road works has since been completed accordingly.

As for breakfast, we would definitely be including French Toast as part of the rotation breakfast items and for the fruits available, we do try to ensure our guests enjoy the seasonal fruits which are of a very good variety and quality in Taiwan. For the convenience of internet usage, we have carried out an enhancement for our guests to enjoy a faster connection from 10 MB to 20 MB. We will be arranging our contractor to carry out periodical checks to ensure that the signal strength remains consistent.

All room keys are pre-programmed for the guest before arrival and my colleagues at the Front Office have been informed to ensure that it is well prepared to avoid any inconvenience to our guests.

I trust the above updates are in order as we look forward very much to your next visit to Hotel Eclat.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel is a hidden gem in Taipei. From the staff to room decor to breakfast are all top notch. All the staffs are so helpful and friendly. My flight was delayed and when I arrived hotel, it was already 01:30 midnight. Check in was quick and hassal free as they already knew whom came late and which room allocated to me. The front desk staff then bring me to my room and show me how to operate the electronic devices. Knowing that I bring along my iPad, he immediately went and bought me a connection cord to enjoy music from the B&O hifi. Breakfast in the next morning was also great, lots of food from such a smal hotel, and you can choose from western or Taiwan style. I highly recommend the soya bean drink. Next time will definitely stay here again. What not good was the construction work in front of hotel and the noise woke me up every early morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
GS C, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Thank you for taking time in providing us with a review of your recent stay.

It gives us great pleasure when we have guest acknowledging that they had enjoyed their stay with us especially with the services and facilities provided. These comments provides great motivation to our colleagues as we continue to cultivate excellence in the areas of services provided to our guests.

Apologies with the road works that is currently carried out by the local authorities along the Dunhua South Road. We have been informed that they expect the road works to be completed as per schedule soonest.

Looking forward very much to your next visit to Hotel Eclat.