“Big Green Monster”

and up
Taipei City Highlights Tour with Shopping, Dinner, and Chinese Opera Show
Ranked #19 of 312 Shopping in Taipei
Reviewed December 3, 2013

It's impossible to miss this place. It's enormous and it's the most absurd colour. Inside, it's the usual copy/paste luxury retail that seems way too commonplace in Asia. Lots of thought put into this.

On the plus side, there's a subway connected to the building and plenty more shops elsewhere in the city if this isn't your taste.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Sogo(Fuxing)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The entire department store houses several shops of well known brands like Hermes, Chanel, Tory Burch and many more. Needless to say, items sold are on the high end. It's an interesting place to go window shopping though for tight-budgeted people like me. What I liked most was the Wedgewood Tearoom in the 9th floor where the place served tea and delicacies in dainty new bone chinaware.

2  Thank 126Susie
Reviewed April 27, 2013

If you are from the U.S., it's unlikely that you will find this large department store interesting or worth spending time or money in. The prices are very high and I didn't spot any items that I couldn't find (at better prices) in the states.

The only thing I found interesting, and not really in a good way, was the layout of the merchandise. In the U.S., department stores are laid out (surprise) by department. In other words, the shoe department is in one location inside the store, jeans are in another location, and luggage in yet another. Not so in this store. Here the departments are laid out by brand, not by item. All Hilfiger items are co-located with all other Hilfiger merchandise. All Polo items are located together. Etc., etc. If you're looking for a pair of men's shoes, be prepared to roam the entire menswear floor looking over each brand's section for their shoes. This might be fine if you're overly loyal to any single brand, but most folks I associate with prefer to make comparisons in a side-by-side fashion: shoes with other shoes, luggage with other items of luggage.

I went to Sogo with the idea of buying a rolling suitcase for my return trip. But the need to scour an entire floor for all the available bags and then remember the features and prices of what I'd already seemed was just too bothersome. I left the store shaking my head.

Perhaps you aren't bothered by high prices. Or perhaps you prefer to view merchandise by brand versus by department. If so, you might like this store and find it charming. As for me, I'm going to take my luggage search elsewhwere. Hopefully, I can find a store where locating the right bag isn't such a chore.

3  Thank Steve H
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I had to buy some presents and were sent to Sogo.
Honestly, nothing is special about these department stores.
Nothing you can't find in Europe.
Nothing is cheaper that your locl shops too. Spend almost 3 hours there to find nothing.
Disappointed.

2  Thank astalava
Reviewed March 8, 2013

They were having a sale that day i went so i bought so many cosmectics and at the mens department my husband bought something he like too!

1  Thank shopshoplove