“The right choice.”

Ranked #45 of 575 Hotels in Taipei
Anaheim, California
“The right choice.”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My adult daughter and I stayed in Yo Mi for 8 nights and I am glad that I made the right choice. It satisfied one of my most important requirement for a hotel... a short walk from public transportation; it was only 6 minutes walk from the Shanglin metro stop. It was easy to get to from the airport,and lots of eateries around. There are two banks across the street with ATM machine, and we had no problems getting money. The room was clean and spacious enough for the two of us. It has a small frig and hot water maker. I made hot tea with the tap water and it tasted quite good. The bathroom was clean and hot water was readily available for shower. The bathtub is also has a sauna, but we never used it. Our rate included breakfast which was a small buffet with Asian and western food. Although limited, I find the breakfast filling and satisfying. The staff spoke English and Japanese and they were friendly and helpful. Because we stayed more than seven days, we had a free ride to the airport which was very nice. It has free internet and a flat screen TV with some English channels. It also has a small business center. I find the Yo Mi Hotel very delightful...it has everything I look for in a three stars hotel. I don't need fancy restaurant, beautiful scenery, shops,money exchange inside hotel. No bell boys ( although you can propably ask for one) , we were content to handle our own luggage. The only drawback was there were no hooks in the bathroom to hold our clothes while taking shower. High recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2010
4 Thank hklover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
HK
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Paid around HKD600/night. Walking distance around 6-8minutes from Metro Station. The receptions are very nice. I stayed at 7th floor. The room is clean, size ok but with a little bit smell and the noise from next door can be heard clearly. Breakfast buffet provided, variety ok, taste ok but with a little fly. The housekeepers really needed to train up. Our sleeping clothes were left on the cupboard under the TV after they tidy up our bed. Water was left over the edge of the bath tub and a fly left inside my room. The other day, one souvinier, the cleansing cloth was left on my luggage with my son's sleeping cloth put next to it -->wet and dirty. The last thing is the shower set cannot be fixed on the stand properly. Overall, if you are not going with young kids, it is a good budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
California
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Couldn't have been more pleased with this little find. Comfortable, quiet room and wonderful staff. Only a short walk to the Shuanglian metro station. For the price of the room, also included breakfast that featured east and west tastes, free in-room wired internet access, free use of hotel computer for internet, snacks downstairs later in the day, and best of all, use of laundry room washer / dryers. And they even provided the detergent and iron. When they became aware that we would arrive a few hours earlier than normal check-in, they surprised us by having the room ready for us upon arrival. One more thing: airport express bus stops around the block for those going to Taoyuan.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jasmine25
uchina
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I totally understand the good reviews here.  The Yomi has a lot of little perks with the snacks, breakfast, business center with internet/printers, nintendo wii in the dining room, spacious rooms for the money, etc.  All awesome stuff. But we walked in the room to see the previous occupant's used towel on the shelf by the bed.  The air was stale. We were on the 2nd floor, so there were loud sounds from the street and from people in the other rooms. The toilet was leaking, so the bathroom floor was wet and there was the constant sound of the toilet tank refilling.  The bracket holding the showerhead to the wall was so loose that when I turned the shower on, it flew out and hit me. Finally, my booking said that checkout was at noon, but I got a call from the desk at 10am saying check-out time had changed and it was time to check out immediately. I rushed to get my things together and go downstairs to check out.  It takes quite a lot to get me to complain, but I felt my experience here failed to meet the minimum standard of what I was paying for,so I patiently informed the desk of the problems. The reaction was basically, "you can go back up and stay until noon" regarding the checkout time, and "ok, we'll take care of it, move along" regarding everything else. I left very dissatisfied.

Anyway, you might get lucky at the Yomi and have a great experience, enjoy the perks, and get a really good value for your money.  Or you might find a room in disrepair and not thoroughly cleaned. My impression was that although this hotel tries hard and does some things well, it just doesn't have its act together where it counts most.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uchina
Terengganu
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Hotel room was basic but bright, spacious, comfortable, and with nice amenities. Also provide many extra perks like free snacks (chips, cracker, bowl noodle) and water bottles. But the room smelled very musty and smokey though is non-smoking room. It turns better after the air conditioner was on.. The desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Location wise is good, about 5 min walk from Shuanlien MRT station. Quite a number of eateries around. Hotel has complementary breakfast (mixed of chinese and a little of western), internet, massage chair, gym, and laundry + dryer machines with detergent).

However, a bit calculative on the check out time and on shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Fifi0509
Hong Kong
Reviewed February 27, 2010

There are a lot of good points about the Yo Mi. The staff are very pleasant. The hotel is in a convenient location, very handy for the MRT. A couple of airport buses, such as the Eva Evergreen Bus, stop very nearby. The hotel provides lots of free extras for guests, for example, daily supplies of free mineral water, noodles, pea cracker crisps and seaweed muffins. They also provide a variety of free phone chargers for guests to use. The rooms have in room safe deposit boxes and tea/coffee making facilities. The rooms also have large screen TVs with DVD players. Although I did not use them, I read the hotel also provides guests with free use of bicycles.

There were two downsides to the hotel. One was that the rooms could have been cleaner. The bed and the bathroom were clean, but the floor was not well vacuumed, the furniture was not well-dusted and the real reason I'm complaining is that the previous occupant of our room had left her false eyelashes on the table. My husband found one when we were sitting down to have a pleasant drink together. At first glance we thought it was some large creepy crawlie with many legs. The other eyelash turned up several hours later just when we'd recovered from the shock of finding the first one.

The other downside was that the rooms were noisy. You could hear the occupants of the rooms next door, which could be quite annoying.

I quite liked breakfast, though it had little of your typical western fare. Most of the dishes were Chinese with quite a large number of tasty vegetable dishes. I loved the pickled seaweed and pickled bamboo!! The breakfast room also had a free massage chair which I made use of each day. There was a very small gym with a treadmill next to the breakfast room.

On the whole I would stay here again because the positives outweighed the negatives

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank irenemHongKong
Singapore
Reviewed January 25, 2010

i went with my boyfriend and grandma and we actually reserved a 3 man japanese room as shown on the website. at first we were disappointed when the room was not like the picture. in fact we were taken to the building next to the hotel to stay in. the room number was 912. but when we stepped in, we were really amazed as it 2 storeys inside! the lower storey comprise of the bathroom and a living room which had a kitchen as well. they had a washing machine, electric stove, small full sized fridge ( not the mini bar kind). not only the living room had a tv, the upper room had a tv as well! =D
the hotel staff were also very nice and sincere, always answering our queries with a smile, even coming up at like 12 midnight when we reported a leaking tap to fix it.
the buffet breakfast was to our liking as well but it could do with more variety.
our 7 day nights there also came with a free back to airport ride.
a very worth it choice if u r considering to go Taipei =)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family