“GOOD Place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“GOOD Place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Is worth the try. Location is good and the staff provide good service skills. The room is neat, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is okay. But there is lots of different types of choices. If we are going again I will come back here.

• Stayed July 2013
TPE-GR, 前廳部經理 at Taipei Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Taipei Garden Hotel and taking your time to share your experience with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our hotel service and location.

I am very happy to know that our hotel could meet your expectation. Your feedback encourages us to provide better and better service. We will keep our high standard service quality.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and encouragement. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Taipei Garden Hotel in the near future!

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This review is just a follow up of what I have already feedback to the hotel, by written and email communication. I just want to share my experience with the rest of you.

Firstly, the hotel has a good view on the high floor. The beds are comfortable, lighting is good.
They have a bakery and a posh restaurant so really, it gives a very good impression if you LOOK at it.

Aside from all that, this hotel really disappointed me, and never have I been so let down. The hotel staff who helped me process my check in was rude, cold and impatient. I can speak Chinese and so does my family, and I was very friendly and full of smile towards her. Well she probably didn't like people who smile too much so she rewarded us with her coldness.Next,I paid the deposit in cash instead of put on credit, along the way I asked her to give me a moment then wow, she literally threw (really, or accidentally drop) the calculator to her side, with an impatient face. "Wow, why is she even here?" Fine, I do not want to create a scene, we accepted her "exceptional" behavor and proceed to our room, did'nt want to waste anytime.

The room was another "exceptional", there was a strong urine stench in the bathroom upon arrival. We asked for cleaner's help, and she was friendly, but she used ammonia to clean the floor! When I went in, I nearly fainted from the ammonia. Fine again, she did her best so I do not fault her as it could be her supervisor's guidance to use that. I opened the window to air my room. In the end, let's just said I scrubbed the floor myself to make the stench go away, treat it as exercising before feasting in Taiwan.

Yet another "exceptional" experience, we bought beer and wanted a bottleopener. Cn you believe it, there's no bottle opener in the room! Yes, we called for service to borrow a bottle opener. The bell boy came, and asked if i wanted to open wine, I said yes, then he pushed the door wide open and said 'let me help you'. Hey, I am a lady, and I held the door half open for a
reason, what makes you think you can push my door? Again , I forgave that. Then he opened the beer and said he has to take the opener away. Wow, this pushed my dad to the limit, and he called to complain to the duty manager, because in principles, they treated us like we are going to steal and opener. That's really an insult! Is it true a hotel cannot afford bottle openers? This amazed me truly. There is really nothing left to expect from this hotel. We left the hotel for another hotel after two nights.

The reason I gave rating 2 for this hotel is because my bf planned a surprise for me. And the hotel executed it well, it is a redeeming factor, but that's about it. My happiness in Taipei is impacted by the way the staff treated us.

Unless you are patient, tolerant, likes doing your own cleaning of toilet or to see a worse side of hospitality industry, please consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on high floor. Check your toilets and tell them not to use ammonia to clean.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MissShirley00
TPE-GR, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

First of all, we would like to thank you for writing this detailed review. We are sorry for the unpleasant experience you have gone through while staying with us. We apologize again for giving you the wrong impression of how we treat our guests. After a serious review, we will execute the necessary enhancements to our service, especially for receptionist and bell boy as you have rightly pointed out. Every piece of feedback from any guest means a lot to us. It is a checklist for us to know how we can improve and meet the expectations of our guests.
Again we would like to express our apologies for what you experienced during your stay. We still hope you will visit us sometime in the future, and check how much we have improved after your kind opinion.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Room was big with a nice size bathroom. Shower was fantastic, although the bath was small and deep. Room, was clean all week, internet speed was ok.

Buffet breakfast selection was good with an mix of east and western foods available.

I walked to the MRT everyday (Longshan Temple on the blue line) which is around 10 minutes away. It feels like a bit of walk if it's raining, but you do get see a little bit more of Taipei. Also Longshan temple is worth checking out as is the night market.

Directly over the road from the hotel is a 24hour Carrefour super market. The hotel overall was good, it's location isn't quite as good as others i've stayed at. But i would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Luke E
TPE-GR, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Taipei Garden Hotel and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am very happy to know that our hotel could meet your expectation.

The nearest subway is Xiaonanmen station, it will take you around 3mins by walking from our hotel. So we suggest going there. Your feedback encourages us to provide better and better service. We will keep our high standard service quality.

We appreciate once again for your sharing on this website. We are looking forward to seeing you next time.

Valdobbiadene, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I was at the garden for almost a week during a trade show in Taipei. The hotel is clean and still quite new. I got a room with a huge king size bed. Led tv and a comfortable bathroom. Hotel personnell was super friendly and helpfull. I had to switch the room because the one I had booked was with twin beds. Everything ran smooth.
Excellent breakfast in the morning with great selection of food. A cook available for freshly eggs or pancakes. Fresh fruit.
3 restaurant to chose at the evening or lunch with different cuisine.
The area where the hotel is located is nothing special but it's 5 minutes walk from the Xiamen blu line station. In 30 min I was straight at the Nangang exibition center avoiding all the crazy city traffic. With the same line in 20 min you get right in the 101 district where the best bars, restaurants and clubs are placed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Nicola A
TPE-GR, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Taipei Garden Hotel and taking your time to share your experience with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our room, service and breakfast.

For providing more dining options for our guests, the 4th restaurant named Prime One will be opened on March 17, 2014. We hope you can try it next time.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel room was clean and functional. The staffs are friendly and helpful. The included buffet breakfast was great and provided many choices ( western, chinese, japanese and vegetarian). The location is very convenient, three blocks to the MRT. We brought easy passes ( like a debit card) from the MRT station so that we can paid for MRT, transit and admission to Taipei Zoo and other attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ming_van2014
TPE-GR, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Taipei Garden Hotel and taking your time to share your experience with us.

I am very honor to know that our rooms, service, breakfast, and location could meet you expectation. Also we are so glad that you have a pleasant stay with us. Your feedback encourage us to provide better and better service. We will keep our high standard service quality. Thank you again for sharing your feedback on this website.

We appreciate your comments once again. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taipei.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We arrived early for check in and our room was not quite ready and despite that the breakfast service was over, we were offered nice tea which was much appreciated after 14 hour flight and time difference..
The room was cold and the staff immediately provided extra fluffy blankets and space heater!
We ate in the buffet restaurant 3x times, breakfast was the best, other times the food was so, so. We also had lunch in the bar, same food as on the buffet. There are other restaurants near by, we tried one, which was good.
Room was spacious, clean, with a view. We had no time to visit the spa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TPE-GR, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your valuable review with us. It is uplifting to know that you like our service, breakfast, and comfortable room. On the other hand, your feedback towards our dining menu has been well noted for future improvement.
We regret that some dining experiences in our hotel didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for your valuable review. That will give us a chance to improve.
Thank you again for your review and we do wish to see you again soon when you visit Taipei next time.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

3 min walk to the nearest MRT station. Fresh fruit shop 2 min walk away, on the way to the MRT station. Have MRT will get you anywhere in Taipei. I loved it! The hotel bakery serves yummy baked goods too, so I didn't need to pay for the breakfast. Or, I could easily walk 3 min and find all kinds of local places to eat, and local bakeries too. Super convenient.

The room was nice and big, clean, loved it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TPE-GR, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

The warmest greetings from Taipei Garden Hotel. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you were satisfied with our location and our room.
And we are very happy to know that our bakery is your liking .Our bakery is very delicious and famous in Taipei, until now we have already had three bakeries in Taipei.

Best Regards,