“Valued for Money”

Ranked #23 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Taipei
Hong Kong, China
“Valued for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The location was at first a problem. We went to Taipei by plane, and no direct connection from the airport. But we got off from the Zhongxiao Fuxing Stattion and caught a cab, which was easy, even it was raining heavily in Taipei. It cost less than 150 TW dollars. But the driver did not know the place, so need to have the address if you take a cab.
The hotel is not as big as shown in the photos. But the staff were friendly and it compensated things. The room we got was clean and large. The bathroom was big. Breakfast covered a variety. There were small and interesting shops and restaurants around. Nothing to complain in that budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Suexi
hdpalace, 經理 at Hotel HD Palace Taipei, responded to this review, September 16, 2016
感謝您的評語我們繼續保持好的品質及我們服務 Thank you for your review, and we will maintain our high quality services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I'm a little bit disappointed about this hotel and my 4 night stay. From the past reviews and pictures, I think I was expecting more for what I got. I didn't know that the hotel was so small, and I felt a bit uncomfortable from the minute I stepped in. You enter into bottom floor, but there is no on there to greet you or help you with your luggage. You have to take the elevator to the second floor to actually enter the hotel. The staff at the front desk weren't exactly too nice, except the young trainee girl. Breakfast, although included, it was awful, and I actually got a stomach ache after eating there, so I decided to eat out for the remaining 3 days. Moreover, on the first day while I had breakfast, I had to wait close to 12 minutes for someone to come and clean the plates off my table. Found it very unprofessional. The room was clean but tiny, with two single beds. The bathroom was an okay size with a big window, a tub and a separate shower. However, house cleaning kept forgetting to bring enough towels for two people for the first two days. The ceiling also started leaking a lot onto the carpet in my room. When I called front desk about this, the person didn't speak English and told me to call back. I thought that was strange, as the staff I had met all spoke English. Following this, someone called me back but they didn't seem as alarmed as I was. They did send someone from the maintenance department, but I was still a bit worried about leaving my stuff there wondering what if it happens again, while I'm away. I actually considered checking out and checking in elsewhere, however, all the hotels of my choice were sold out due to some conferences happening in Taipei at the time of my stay. All in all, I didn't like the location of the hotel. Don't be fooled by the fact that Shangri La is just down the road. There isn't much going on around the hotel; and it was very difficult for the taxi to find it. Better to book around Zhongxiao Fuxing. I booked there on my last visit and liked it much more I will not book here again. I would of given an average rating, however, due to the leakage in my room, and my upset stomach after first morning of breakfast, this wasn't average to me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank shate
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here, the room was clean and reasonably priced. Staff at the reception are friendly and helpful. The room has connection to free wifi. The closest metro station is about 10 minutes walk away. You'll need to change metro lines to most other major attractions, but Taipei metro is very convenient and fast. ATM machines available next to the hotel. We'll stay again the next time we visit Taipei.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were traveling to Taipei last week. Deeply impressed by this hotel, very thoughtful service ever since I stepped in the hotel. The owner of the hotel gave us a warm welcome and guided us to the night market without asking. Great breakfast, very cosy room.

Room Tip: Be a member first and looks like they will offer you a better rate!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hatework2971
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

In the heart of Taipei, 5 minutes woalk form the MRT, and close to night market, lays the HD palace hotel a relatively small but tidy, elegant hotel.
What it lacks in hotel services (no swimming pool, spa, tiny exercise room) is compensated by larger than competing hotel rooms, nice views to 101 tower, shower and bath tub.
Internet is free on each floor and in case you do not pick up a valid ip address, do contact the reception and ask then to restart the router (until they don't fix the ip address lease, is the only thing to do..). In the lobby there are also 3 computers to be used by customers and nice sofas and paintings. a very relaxing area, with books available.. the usual free tea and coffee troughout the day.. when the breakfast restaurant is closed..
The breakfast was included in my rate, and is generous... hot international and asian dishes, fresh fruit, cakes, cereal.. i think it covers the needs of everyone and is served on the lobby floor, also available on the terrace..
The hotel entrance is aside an american disco/restaurant that during weekends is packed with clubbers.. that may bother the more delicate ears that cannot sleep in religious/library silence..
The lobby is actually on the first floor and to reach the rooms you just can take the lift.. without passing via the lobby.. that is good for privacy but leave some concerns for security altough premisis look pretty safe.
During my stay i had some health issues and the personnel showed attention and concerns.. thank you!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cristiano C
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms. I would stay there again. My room had a great view of the 101 tower.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Robert V
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here before traveling to Hong Kong - Hotel not known by Taxi Drivers of Taipei. On arrival they were clueless, gave us a double room , I had booked a twin. Room was ok, had decent facilities including WIFI. Bathroom very good with large bath. Called down to ask for Ironing Board - they said we would have to go down to reception (strange in a 4* hotel) went down ad they asked me (how much money woul you like to change?) confused I clarified my requirements and returned to my room. We booked a taxi, which they forgot to organise. Service in my opinion was average. Did not eat here although breakfast was included in the rate. Location of the hotel was not great as most of the happening places are away from this area of Taipei.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
感謝您的指教有些誤會了, 真抱歉 Thank you for your advise and your recommendation,sorry about the misunderstanding,we sincerely apologize