“One of the Best Hotels in Taipei”
Review of Hotel 73

Hotel 73
Ranked #20 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Awesome location, short walk to MRT Station (Dongmen) and great resturants ( Din Tai Fung). The hotel Decor is contempory modern with small but very clean rooms. The entire staff was very helpful. The hotel supervisor Clare suggested great places to visit and provided very clear directions. I would highly recommend Hotel 73

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank msauce415
Hotel73新尚旅店, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear msauce415,

Thank you for taking your time to post the kind comments about your stay with us.

It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your positive comments with all my associates. The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was at the hotel for 6 nights. Although the room was small, it was clean and comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Check in and out are swift and efficient. The breakfast is very good. The chef makes an effort to come up with new main dishes every day and they are tasty! I would like to thank their chef, Thomas for being so nice and sweet to volunteer to cut the fruits we bought from the market! It was a totally unexpected gesture!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Shershrr

Dear Shershrr,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel 73 for your visit to Taipei and taking the time to share a favorable comment about our hotel!

We are glad to learn that you were satisfied with the guest room and service. Furthermore, thank you for recognizing the hospitality extended by our chef- Thomas. We are pleased to know that our staffs have been nice and friendly. Your positive comments received are very much appreciated and augurs well for the constant improvements we seek in our continuous effort to ensure our guests enjoy a comfortable stay experience.

Thanking you and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hotel 73 was my home in the past few months as I whisked in and out of Taipei, and I must say this place is awesome! The room is cosy and all the toiletries you need are provided, so don't bring them! Besides bottled water, coffee and tea sachets are available at the bar. You will also find a water flask and a fridge for your drinks. The bed is comfortable, and it is always set properly when you return after a day.

The hotel is located just above Dongmen station, and the exit is only a few shops down. You will also find a few 7-11s, cafés, Formosa Chang and Yoshinoya around the corner.

Throughout my stay, the staffs were professional and resourceful in providing the information I need to plan my trip. Both Maggie and Cathleen were really outstanding as they often took time to pay attention to the needs of the guests and offered invaluable solutions, even when it was clear that they have tasks on hand to clear. I was also surprised to hear that a vicinity map done in marker on the lift lobby wall was hand-drawn by Maggie. Thumbs up to their dedication!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DearDanieI

Dear DearDanieI,

Warmest greetings from Hotel 73.

It's really our honor to make you feel like home in Hotel73. There’s nothing better to have happy guests who are satisfied with their stay! We are so delighted to read your wonderful review and glad to know that you had enjoyed many aspects of our hotel. Your kind recognition of our receptionist Maggie and Cathleen has been well noted which will definitely motivate us to provide even better stay experience to all our guests.

We really appreciate your valuable comment and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Taipei soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great location and a very friendly/helpful staff. They went above and beyond to help me. Room is small, but clean and modern. I would recommend this hotel, especially for business travel. It is also very close to Taipei 101 and other tourist sites.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Doug B,

Thank you for your recent review of Hotel 73 on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to know that you like our location, guest service as well as our room design. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we are all sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed for five nights, generally quite good.

Food: Ok for the breakfast, love the congee and ucc coffee. To me, food in Tongmum market is more impressive.

Staff: Very smart and caring. Even I just left a bottle of juice or a big of chips in the room, they will help me to hold it. And as I have requested to change room from standard to elite, they were quick to response.

Room: The room is generally a bit small, but basic facilities are provided. For standard room, though there is a window, however no view is provided, and actually the cleaning staff may walk past, (as the window is actually at the back corridor for the staff) so it is sort of a bit scary if you see a dark shadow walk past. It would be better if it is mentioned in the web, as I have expected a street view. As for elite room, there is a larger place to put the luggage. Generally nice. However, due to the corridor design, if someone close the door and talk in the corridor, it is easily heard.

Transport: one of the point to stay here as it is so convenient! just 3 mins walk from MRT or you can take bus easily.

Sightseeing: Tongmum market is a 'must-go' place, with local restaurants and fruits and snacks stalls. Must-try restaurant is Wong-ma-ma stall. The bowl of rice noodle just costs 20 NTD!!! And Wing Hong street is another good place for food!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mansuet23

Dear Mansuet23,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is really happy to know that you satisfied with our breakfast, guest service and location. However, I was deeply regret to learn that you were scared by the shadow of our housekeeper. We will enhance the description of the window aspect of the Standard room on our official website as well as the introduction which our reception provide to prevent this situation happening in the future.

Your review is highly appreciated, we wish we will have the chance to serve you again.

Yours Faithfully,

Jennifer Chen / Supervisor

Reviewed June 4, 2014

my friend booked this place for me and was surprised when i arrive!

the place was well decced, and the receptionist maggie was really nice and helpful.

The room was clean and tidy, with a wide range of free movies as well which was good.

and tea and snacks was also provided! so thatsss kinda cool too!

anyhow would love to come back again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Hotel73新尚旅店, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear jonkylee,

Warmest greetings from hotel 73. We are truly appreciative of the positive review that you willing to share. Additionally, we are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. Thank you for recognizing the hospitality extended by our receptionist. I am pleased to know that they have been friendly and helpful. I will bring your comment to her and I'm sure this will be a big encouragement to our team.

Should you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to notify us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit!

Jennifer Chen / Supervisor

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The location of the hotel is unbeatable. It is a 3-min short walk away from the subway Dongmen Station. My room is on the 3rd floor and near the lift so I could hear noises from the walkway when other guests walk past. The room is really quite tight. I didn't have space to open my luggage (which is not big) and I cannot pull out the chair from the table completely. However, it is amazing that the hotel can squeeze everything you need in such a tight space. Free bottle water and snacks are offered on a daily basis.

Great service from the staff and the room and toilets are clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Helen_Chen, Deputy Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Mr./Ms Peitoh,

Thanks for sharing your Hotel 73 experience on Tripadvisor !

We are happy to learn that you have a enjoyable stay with our service and amenitits.
It is also deeply regret to know that you were disturbed by the noise. Hotel 73 was tended to carefully designed to have all guest rooms with cozy condition. Nevertheless we will look into this matter and seek further ways of improvement.

Thanks again for your review, should you have any further comment, please do not hesitate to let us know. We are looking forward to see you in the near future!

Helen Chen, Deputy Manager