“A pleasant stay”

Ranked #15 of 568 Hotels in Taipei
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Initially I was trying to book for CityInn3 because of the location, however it was fully booked so I opt for Hotel 73 which is operated by the same hotel group and it did not disappoint me. Location wise, it is pretty near to DongMen MRT station (Exit 2 is nearer, but Exit 1 has elevator) and also only a short walk to YongKang street (which is famous of all the good food). The room is very decent and clean, with all the toiletries provided. The bathroom even comes with a bath tub despite the limited room space. Similar to CityInn, plenty of TV channels and movie selections for those who would like to spend their time in hotel. Breakfast selection is quite limited but acceptable. The receptionist is very helpful and friendly, once we arrived there, they provided us a map to look for those good food around, one of them even offered my niece and nephew some soft toys, so sweet of her. We also get them to help us to hail for cab since we were travelling in a big group, it could be quite hard to get a cab on the street. Overall, definitely a pleasant stay in hotel 73 and a big thumb up for their incredible service! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with window, look out from the window to the quiet street at night while enjoying a h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pigbit
Helen_Chen, Assistant Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear pigbit,

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our location and room.

Please do come and visit us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The hotel is located a stone throw away from Dongmen station which is also very near YongKang street (The street with lots of restaurants - Din Tai Fung included). Very convenient location along a not-so busy street. The windows are well insulated so blocks all sound from the streets (Though don't think its particularly busy in any case) so you can get a good night's sleep. The room was small but clean. The only 2 downsides were the rather thin walls (you can hear your neighbor's TV/chatting but luckily we had good neighbors!) and there's hardly any space to store your clothe except for a small rack sticking out of the walls) so prepare to live out of your suitcase. Not too much of an inconvenience. Bathroom was clean, came equipped with a hair dryer and the sachet bodywash/face wash/moisturizer was replaced every day. For the size of the hotel, the breakfast spread was decent although rather oily. Overall, great location with clean rooms & reliable WIFI connection.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MariaChristiana
Hotel73新尚旅店, Assistant Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear MariaChristiana,

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our location, cleanliness of room and breakfast. I will share your comment with our team whom I am certain will be encouraged by your positive feedback.
We are, at the same time, discuss with out engineering team to see if any actions can be tacken to better improve the sound proof between rooms.

Assistant Manager, Hotel73
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is pretty well located near city centre but quiet surrounding. Stayed for 4 nights and totally enjoyed the experience here. Simple breakfast buffet provided everyday to start off your day and polite staff on hand 24/7 to help you with your plans and queries. Will definitely be staying here on my next visit to Taipei.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Helen_Chen, Deputy Mananger at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Nalph N,

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our service and breakfast.

Helen Chen
Deputy Manager, Hotel73
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Whenever I'm in Taipei, I will try to get a room at Hotel 73. It is located in an exclusively quiet corner of Taipei, yet the exit to Dongmen MRT is conveniently located just a minute away. But what differentiates them from the pack is their excellent customer service. When I needed to access my left baggage multiple times on my last day, they bat no eyelid. It felt like a team. When I had a last-minute booking request which required me to swap rooms, they were quick to recognise me and inform, as I was about to head for their complimentary breakfast, that my next room had been vacated and was ready before check-in time. And their spread and quality of the buffet was great! Now, if only the breakfast could be available for just another hour longer for late risers like me. I would definitely head back to this hotel for all it's worth.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank tamag0
Hotel73新尚旅店, Assistant Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear tamag0,

Warmest greetings from Hotel 73. It’s really our pleasure to know that you had enjoyed our hotel from our location, staff service, and to breakfast. I will share your comment with the team members whom I am certain will be encouraged by your positive feedback. We strive to exceed guest expectation and it is our great pleasure to know that our guests are happy with our service.

Thank you again for staying at Hotel 73. Should you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to notify us. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Though the space is tighter than I had imagined when we booked the hotel, the excellent and prompt service by the reception staff, the restaurant wait staff and the housekeeping department more than made up for it. My family and friends were pleasantly surprised by the beverage counter at the hotel lobby. This may well be the first time we had encountered this. We will certainly recommend Hotel 73 and in fact, we will definitely come back to stay when we next come back to Taipei. Good job!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dennisl88
Dear dennisl88,

Warmest greetings from Hotel 73. It’s really our pleasure to know that you had enjoyed our hotel from our staff service. I will share your comment with the team members whom I am certain will be encouraged by your positive feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Fantastic place. Good spacy rooms with windows! 24 hour laundry was so helpful for us. Reception staff are very helpful they showed us where to head to nearby. Breakfast was very good as well. Excellent value I booked on hostelworld.

Room Tip: The rooms are all ok I think we were on the 5th floor but take ear plugs it can get a bit noisy as y...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelgolightly_12
Hotel73新尚旅店, Assistant Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Travelgolightly_12,

Warmest greetings from Hotel 73. It’s really our pleasure to know that you had enjoyed our hotel from our room, laundry, staff service, and to breakfast. I will share your comment with the team members whom I am certain will be encouraged by your positive feedback.

Please rest assured that we will discuss with the engineering team for all possible measures to better improve the soundproof of our hotel, and will take all actions needed in the future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Throughout the 4D3N stay at hotel 73, all staff made the whole time very welcoming, from receptionists to room service to catering.

Location is super convenient and thanks to the tips on their Facebook page, you won't get wet at all going out from MRT dongmun station even on rainy days. Their Facebook page also gives you some information of events going on/coming up. This is really helpful to tourists that want to see more than from the travel guide!!

We love the breakfast offered. The quality is definitely better than many hotels that are on the same rank as Hotel 73!

Speaking of quality, the design of the rooms is cool! Especially like the magnetic door that you can put magnetic note on it. And they are really thoughtful to provide female hygiene products as well as bathing oil to make your stay even more pleasurable!

My boyfriend and I have already looked forward to our next stay! :)

Thanks to all lovely staff

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Almondillo
Dear Almondillo,

Thank you for having chosen Hotel 73 as your home during your stay in Taipei, we were both complimented and delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comment with our staff whom I am sure will be encouraged by your positive feedback.

We appreciate your time and kind words, and wish to have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Hotel 73