“very good”

Hotel 73
Ranked #21 of 575 Hotels in Taipei
“very good”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went to Taipei again to meet some friends and for the food. I chose Hotel 73 again because it is so close to the metro station and very convenient to move around the city by bus. The friendly environment, warm front desk service and especially the excellent breakfast delighted me. I enjoyed the breakfast very much, they provided different dishes every morning which surprised me each time. I can feel the chef, Thomas Yu, runs the kitchen with his heart, of course, with the help of his staff. They were so friendly and paid lots of attention to the details. Keep it up !!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Helen_Chen, 副理 at Hotel 73, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Jonathankml,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Hotel73 on website.
It is our great honor to here your compliments for chef Thomas Yu. To provide comfortable environment and detailed service is Hotel 73 spirits. We hope you always enjoy your stay with us on each visit in Taipei.

We are looking for ward to see you soon.

Helen Chen Deputy Manager
Hotel73 Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 17, 2013

so... I get into Taipei and we get this pretty cute room(mind you, very small), good bathroom and... no closet. I was here for a week on a business trip and needed to look smart but I had no possibility of hanging my clothes which really annoyed me... but you know what? after day 3, and the EXCELLENT service I got with the staff I would willingly overlook this again and again. Breakfast was above average, specially for Westerners, they had congee but they also had bread and eggs, and amazing fruit, the chef was the nicest guy on earth, he'll take care of refilling my glass of juice, it they didn't have scrambled eggs on the menu he would go and prepare some for us. The receptionists were super nice as well, even last day, when I had a very early flight they got me some sandwiches and a coffee because breakfast was not yet open. Really, I seldom write reviews (unless I had the worst service ever) but this time, 73 Hotel deserved it. Please keep up that amazing staff!

Room Tip: ask a room with window, one of our partners mentioned his room had no window!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hotel73Taipei, 業者 at Hotel 73, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Magdaely,

Thank you for your valuable comments as well as your patronage of Hotel 73 Taipei.

We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated your kind remarks about our service and breakfast. It was a great encouragement to all of us .We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Isolde Lin, Supervisor
tokyo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I travel quite often to Taipei for business and for the last couple of years have made hotel 73 my hotel of choice.

Excellent location, very central, and good amenities such asnfree breakfast, free laundrette and fast internet are a plus.

Staff are very friendly and always willing to help.

This is a hidden gem!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank juanratokyo
JohnnyChiang, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear juanratokyo,

I would like to express our heartily thanks for your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a fantastic time with us. We’re pleased that you chose the Hotel 73, and we look forward to the opportunity and the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Location is perfect. Very close to the MRT station (Dongmen).

The receptionists are excellent. They are very helpful on direction, restaurant reservation and room assisgnment. Thank you: Clarie, Mag, Ruby & Maggie

The room is clean and simple but there is always some drainage smell in the shower cubicle. Also the design of the curtain can be better. Sunlight goes in to the room easily.

The sound proof is good. I can hardly hera the traffic noise even though I was assigned on 3/F

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tommy K
Helen_Chen, Deputy Mangaer at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Tommy K,

Thank you for taking time to share your Hotel 73 experience on website.

It is a great honor to know that you have a great time stay with us. However we are so sorry to know that the bad smell from your bathroom.
Sanitary and room smell are the most important thing in the hotel. We will emphasize on shower cubicle to prevent such situation happened again.

Thank you for your valuable comment. All staff are expecting to see you in the near future.

Helen Chen
Deputy Manager
Singapore
Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was not our first choice of hotel in Taipei, but we love this hotel so much that we are sure to return to this hotel on our next stay.

Just walk out of the hotel and there's the new Dongmen MRT Station. Walk 5 minutes, and reach the famous Yongkang street - a street of food haven. Ding Tai Feng, Yong Kang Beef Noodle (the famous must try beef noodle) and many other eateries are just there. You can even spot Taipei 101 from far.

The rooms are comfortable although it's small. There's a bathtub in our Elite room, which I was surprise for a no-frills hotel. Can also use the laundromat at no extra charges. What's more? Breakfast is also provided at the hotel.

The only drawback is that the double (day and night) curtains in our room was not dark enough to black-out our room, as we wanted a bit more rest during the morning before heading out.

Read More:

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KeiGal
Helen_Chen, Deputy Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear KeiGal,

Thank you for sharing your 73 experience here and also your blog!
We are happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us, and I would like to declare a good news that in-room safety box will be set up on June.
Also, we are planning to change the curtain this year. Your valuable comment will be highly considered in our plan.

Thanks again for choosing Hotel 73 as your home away from home.
We are expecting to serving you in the near future!

Helen Chen
Deputy Manager
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is next to Dongmen station, which makes it easy travelling around Taipei on the MRT. It is also close to the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial and in walking distance of the Presidential Palace & surrounds (but its easier to catch the MRT for the latters). The staff are very friendly & knowledgeable. The standard room is small but efficient, clean & well kept. The breakfast included is varied and yummy. You can also book well priced tours from here. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Probably not near the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank marcotty
JohnnyChiang, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear marcotty,

Best regards,

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My partner and I are very particular with our accommodation wherever we go. We rely a lot on Tripadvisor and the reviews each and every guest gave. We picked Hotel 73 after our booking went wrong in their Sister property. We stayed in Hotel 73 from 3 May - 7 May and we were all but greatly satisfied with the choice of our hotel!

We have requested for rooms with Windows & Bath tub (the previous hotel we stayed in Taipei came without a window even after we have requested) and they have met all our requests! The room was cosy and fits just nice for the 2 of us. (I would not recommend if you are the sort that loves spacious room space) We fell in love with the room immediately and the customer service is of 5-stars standard - prompt and accurate! We sent an email enquiry on how to get to the hotel from the airport just the night before we depart and they responded within an hour!

The management even called us 2 days before to check on our time of arrival to ensure that we have our room ready by the time we arrive. The hotel is conveniently located next to Dongmen Metro and the staffs at the front desk provided us with a mini metro map which made our travelling to various places so foolproof!

Though I was wishing for an complimentary upgrade, I am satisfied with our room. The room is nicely decorated and the bed is so comfortable!

The housekeeping lady is always greeting us with smiles and she is so polite!

Hotel 73 will always be our first choice of hotel whenever we are going to Taipei! :)

Awesome job and keep up the good work! :)

Room Tip: If you have specific request for your room, do indicate them in the booking form!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elvyssa
JohnnyChiang, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Elvyssa,

We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about Hotel 73! It sounds like you had a very nice time, and enjoy all that our hotel had to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!