“Reasonable price for a decent accommodation in Taipei!”

Ranked #26 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Finally got a chance to stay in this hotel after hearing so many good reviews about this hotel and I wasn't disappointed at all. This hotel is very conveniently located since its just a stone's throw away from the Taipei Main Station. The communal fridge, coffee machines and the washing machine and clothes dryer came in handy since there's no personal fridge in the room.
Staff at this hotel were very friendly and always willingly to assist.

1  Thank EddieOng1972
CCCWayne, 主任/Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Guest:

Cheers and good day, and thanks to you -not only for taking the time to write a review, but for your enthusiasm about our hotel-CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I .

Many Thanks for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory. Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

We look forward to your future return and we will strive to meet and exceed your expectations.
Regards,
Wayne Chang
Supervisor

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I. THe hotel is located near the main train station, department stores, and underground market. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If I needed anything they would guide me in the right direction. The staff's English was very good, which helped me to feel at home. The room was small but it is what I expect in most Asian hotels. The bed was comfortable, pillows were great. The bathroom was large for the room size, which is nice. The hotel was clean, bright, and colorful which just added to my enjoyment during my stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell the staff what you desire in a room, they will make sure you are taken care of.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jerry l

Dear Guest:

Regards,
Wayne Chang
Supervisor

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've only good words to say about this hotel. Spent 7 days 6 nights in December 2013 and it made us feel like a second home. The service from the staff is impeccable and very genuine. Even the housekeeper made it a point to chat with us about Taipei and her experiences. The facilities that came with was also very good. Coffee 24/7,water dispenser,biscuits and snacks and also a DIY laundry room which made things v easy for us travelers. It's all about the small touches from this hotel, simple gestures such as giving us a parting gift for our stay, taking a picture for us to keep made it very heartfelt and welcoming. Definitely a place I'll recommend.

1  Thank Kevinqwy

Dear valued guest,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our service.

Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

Thank you once again for your kind compliments, we look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

Yours Faithfully,

Wayne Chang /Supervisor
CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch I

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed in Cityinn Hotel Branch I for 4 nights in December. It's located very near to Taipei Main station (with MRT, TRA, HSR) which means that you can easily travel to most part of Taipei or other parts of Taiwan easily. The hotel staff are very friendly and approachable. On the first day of my stay, two of the front counter staff casually asked us where did we intend to head to for the day and provided us with information on which MRT stop to alight. The hotel also provided free coffee at their level two pantry. Snacks can be found at level 3 to 5 as well, if I recall correctly. So these are some of the plus points for this hotel.
There are some areas for improvements such as the lift & room facilities. It will be good if the lift can be bigger (but i guess not possible) as it can only fit probably 4 adults at one go which leads to quite a long waiting time. For us, it's actually not an issue as we love to do some small exercises by climbing up the stairs to our room at level 7. As for the room facilities, it will be good if there is a small fridge for us to keep some drinks or fruits. Also, a safe will be good as well. Overall, the plus points outweigh the negative ones. I would recommend all to stay at this hotel if you would love to stay near Taipei Main Station.

• Stayed: December 2013
SherryChang, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at CityInn Hotel Taipei station 1. Thank you for taking your precious time to give us such a positive feedback. We will do better and better to satisfy every guest. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Thank you very much.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My friend a I stayed in CityInn Hotel 1 for a week. All of the staffs were extremely nice and friendly. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning crew had a sincere smile on their faces throughout the day. Each staff was more than willing to help us with any questions that we had. My friend wanted to order some Sun Cakes from Leechi, and even though the store was not listed as one of the stores that the hotel could help customers place orders for, the staff contacted Leechi, carefully went through all of the details, and managed to help us place the order and have it delivered the day we would like to receive. What I liked the best was their kindness and attention to detail. CityInn Hotel 1 is the best place to stay in Taipei :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank northernlights12830

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing staying with us in your Taipei trip.

We are so glad to know that you enjoyed the stay and our service. I will definitely share your feedback to our staff. Looking forward to serving you in the near future! Thank you again and happy new year!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Our stay at Cityinn was a good one. We were in Taipei for 6D 5N and we chose this hotel for its convenience. It is located a couple of minutes away from Taipei Main Station which is an interchange and it practically takes you to any place in Taipei you wish to go. The rooms were clean albeit small (but it is a hotel in a busy city so that cannot be helped). The only downside is that if your neighbours are noisy, you will hear everything...from them taking a shower, to the phone ringing as the walls are thin. But I will take the good with the bad and will still stand by my opinion that this is a good hotel to stay at if you want the 3 Cs. On our last night, the staff gave us a hand-written thank you card and some yummy puddings. Talk about going the extra mile. Overall, am impressed with this hotel and will stay here again if I visit Taipei in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main road.
2  Thank lynliew
SherryChang, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us in your Taipei trip, and taking your time to give us a positive comment here. We are sorry about the noise problem, and we would definitely arrange a quiet room for you next time when you stay with us. Thank you for the compliment, looking forward to serving you in the near future!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Hotel is cosy and provide everything to the traveller's needs. Hotel staff is extremely polite and helpful.

If you need to buy a data roam card, it is just within 2 mins walk to the shop. Ask the staff for direction as they will give you a waking map for the hotel area. It is highly recommended to get the data roam card as it costs TWD450 for the card plus additional TWD200 for calls. Worth the money as it provide so much convenient and not too expensive.

Hotel strictly check you in at 3 pm only.

How to get there?
When you arrive Taipei Main Station, look out for ShinKong ShanYue新光三越Sign. This will point you to M2/3 shopping district which will lead you to Z area district. The exit for the hotel will be Z8 but you have to carry your luggage up a few flights of steps. If you have light luggage, it should be ok. When you are up the stairs, you will see HaiNing Street. Turn right and hotel is on opposite side of the road. This will take you about 5 mins from Z8 exit. If you carry heavy luggage, I would suggest you take the lift at Z4, which is right in front of Shanyue department store. But prepare for a queue as it is always packed with people and the lift operate very slowly especially it will take about 30 seconds before the lift will close its door. This lift is actually catered to the pregnant , elderly and disabled. Once you are out of the lift, walk straight up a bit and cross the road when you are in front of The Body Shop. Keep walking and turn right, you will see CityInn.

The hotel surrounding has many eatery and a MacDonalds. No lack of food and close to Bus Station if you come by bus from airport. The bus station is in fact just opposite The Body Shop.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lydiaSingapore

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us in your Taipei trip. We are so glad to know you enjoyed the room and our service. Besides, thank you for taking your precious time to give us such a great review. It is always our goal to provide clean room and warm service to every guests, we will do better in the future. Looking forward to seeing you soon in Taipei!