“8 great nights at this hotel”

Ranked #26 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed August 12, 2013

At risk of repeating the consistent positive comments on the staff and hotel facilities I would like to share our experience. You could get the same room at a much cheaper rate if you book directly on their website. The hotel is conveniently sited next to the Taipei railway, MRT and bus stations. We were disorientated on how to get to the hotel when we were dropped off by the airport bus next to the railway station on a hot day in July. Get into the railway station to enjoy the air conditioning and go to the MRT station which is one level down. It is a huge sprawling place with shops and restaurants. Make your way to the Metro Front Station Mall and exit at exit Z8. Huaining Street is just around 100 metres from the exit and you will see the hotel when you get on to Huaining Street.
I enjoyed the complementary coffee made from the machine which freshly ground the beans. This hotel will help you get into a holiday and romantic frame of mind as there are lot of love in the air!!

2  Thank Teow
Harris961, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. . We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities and location. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Your comments will be share with our staffs.

Thank you again for this comment. We all look forward to your stay on your next trip to Taipei.

Early august, it costs less than 70 euros a night in this central hotel

We love :
- 5 star rated staff, always smiling, polite and looking to help. They are the soul of this place

We like :
- funny concept where affordable rooms also come with boutique feeling decoration, give away chips and chocolate biscuits, sweets and free laundry. Yes !
- Although small, room is smartly displayed and bedding is very comfortable
- Full of amenities in the bathroom
- Across the main station, 2 minutes from the western bus station where buses to Taoyuan depart, next to the Mitsukoshi depato, endless dining options, the situation could not be better

This happens to us
- Our room has a tiny window projected into a wall, a bit frustrating
- A band of girls next room giggle till late one night, not really the hotel's fault, but looks like room soundproof is flimsy
- Very hectic AC, and no way to understand chinese only remote control

Tips :
- to get there from Taoyuan, hop on any bus to "main station"
- change plenty at the airport where rate is surprisingly high and ops are quick. Around the station, only banks do so, and slowly at slightly worse rate.

Room Tip: Claustro must ask for windows, if there is such a thing here, and sensible ears must wear plugs. By...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BEEPfromPARIS

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch 1 and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities and location. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

once again, we thank you for coming and giving us your comments, we are hoping that we can serve you in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The service that the staffs has provided during my two days stay is wonderful. Do not worry if you have a early flight or may have reach the hotel way too early before the check-in time, the hotel do allow guests to deposit their bags/luggages with them while you go tour around the vicinity.

The staffs are very polite and friendly, do approach them if you are unfamiliar and require help for your trip. Also, I am very grateful that they went on the extra mile to prepare a surprise proposal (requested my fiancé) for me. Laundry services are free, wifi is stable.

I will definitely come back for my next trip. It totally worth the money.

Dear guest,
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay here. I am pleased to know that you are satisfied of our services. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all staffs.
Wish you a world of happiness and joy for years to come! Should you visit Taipei again for business or leisure, or even a anniversary celebration, please do not hesitate to let us know!
We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at branch I and i found the room are super clean with full amenities set provided. But bare in mind the toilet is only separated with glass wall with half sand sticker covered so it really look clean and spacious in the room. I really like the bed, it's so comfortable. After a long shopping, i just knock out on the bed like a dead fish and still woke up with a fresh look. The hotel consists of lift so don't be afraid even some told you is a budget hotel. Free wifi and snack provided too. The staffs are all very nice.
Beside the hotel is a 24hrs Family Mart convenient store, just across the road you will see Starbucks and behind the hotel there is also McD. And Shin Kong Mitsukoshi departmental store is situated outside the main road, you will anyhow passby the store from taipei station or MRT station back to hotel.
It's 5mins walk to MRT line and to taipei main train station. It's so convenient to travel around taipei via mrt and outskirt of taipei + airport via taipei train station.
You won't have a problem finding breakfast as there are few stores opposite the hotel in the morning. And i like the dumpling shop..must try!
Btw, i stay in a standard double bed :)

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittleLatte

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay
at City Inn Hotel Taipei Main Station I.

We were certainly pleased to have you as our guest here in the hotel
and welcome the comments that you provided.

We thank you and we do look forward to welcome you back to the City Inn Hotel Taipei Main Station I during your next trip.

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I cannot tell you how wonderful this hotel is unless you experience it yourself. Its situated near Taipei Main station and bus station and their staffs are extremely helpful and polite! They allow us to deposit our luggages 7 days before our check-in; we have been going back to city inn (from Taichung and other parts of Taipei) to put our shopping loots in the luggage before our official stay and the staffs continue to be very helpful and polite! Thumbs up! The most amazing part of my stay is, they actually prepare a hand written card and a slice of cake from Starbucks on my birthday! I have never experience this from any other hotels! They deserve every compliments from me for the amazing work they have done! I will definitely be back on my next trip! 5 stars service, no doubt.

Have I mentioned that they provide free laundry and drying service?

Wonderful experience indeed.

Room Tip: Choose deluxe if you need a fridge, otherwise you will need to share the public one on 2nd floor
1  Thank hellostrangeerr
Harris961, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Once again, we thank you for coming and giving us your comments, we are hoping that we can serve you in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Prior to going Taipei, we requested the hotel to assist us in making reservations at various restaurants. Lilian, the receptionist assisted with all our reservations requests & even managed to get us spaces to a popular restaurant by shifting some of the other reservations to accommodate. Upon checking in, Miffy, reminded us about our reservations & ensure that we know how to get to those restaurants. These 2 ladies were fantastic! We saw them everyday during our 4-day stay & they remember our names. Will never forget their warmth service & hospitality. I have already booked my next stay in October at Cityinn 2 as they have the family room. Looking forward to our next trip to Cityinn.

Major plus is the convenient location of the hotel. Lots of eateries & shopping surround the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay
at City Inn Hotel Taipei Main Station I.

We were certainly pleased to have you as our guest here in the hotel
and welcome the comments that you provided.

We have also taken the liberty of forwarding your kind mention of Lillian and Miffy, whom you found to be of great assistance.

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my second stay at City Inn I, and both my husband and I were deeply moved by the sincerity and heartwarming service from the staff. The staff were always polite, attentive and willing to go the extra mile to serve you, irregardless of who was on duty.

I am a Taiwanese living abroad and was back to Taipei with my husband to hold our mini wedding lunch with family. After learning about this, the counter staff (around 10 of them in different shifts) wrote us a handwritten card to congratulate us. Before this, we received complimentary cards and gifts from other 5 star luxury hotels, but this gesture from city inn was the most heartwarming. In comparison to most other hotels that serve you as their customer, city inn staff serve you as if you are a family member they care for.

The hotel is a lovely boutique hotel, centrally located and just 5 minutes away from the Taipei main station. However, it is the high quality service that sets it truly apart from others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Harris961, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch 1 and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and location. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.