“Great Intro to Taiwan”

Ranked #33 of 570 Hotels in Taipei
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Great Intro to Taiwan”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The staff is super friendly and professional. The hotel is modern, sleek and practical. There was an odor in my room (from removing the carpet), and the night manager quickly changed my room. I was so satisfied, I stayed with CityInn in Taichung, where I also had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: ask for room with a window.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Monique,
Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We take great exception in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable when they’re away from home.
Your comments will be shared with our staffs.
We look forward to your future return and we will strive to meet and exceed your expectations.

Michelle Lu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had an awesome three nights here at CityInn! The location is fantastic, near Taipei Main Station which is really convenient if you are taking a bus/train from the airport or taking a bus to places like Yeliu. Lots of good eateries nearby. I was amazed by the service of the staff of Cityinn, be it the receptionists, cleaning ladies or supervisor. Everyone was friendly and polite and really made me feel at home. We had a twin room and the room was spacious and most importantly clean. I tried to book Cityinn in my previous trip to Taipei but was unsuccessful as it was fully booked. Book slightly earlier if you are heading to Taipei! I'm sure you wont regret it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
獵人, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest:

Cheers and good day, and thanks to you -not only for taking the time to write a review, but for your enthusiasm about our hotel-CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I .

Many Thanks for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory. Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in early January. The location of the hotel is excellent, just next to the Taipei Main Station. It is particularly convenient for people who wish to travel to other parts of taiwan or to places like Jiufen. There are also many eateries nearby, and some of them are quite famous for what they sell!

The staff at Cityinn are professional and helpful. They are always ready to answer your questions and will even draw route maps if you ask for directions. During my stay the hotel was pretty busy but the staff members are always ready to greet with big smiles.

During my stay the hotel was changing carpets for the rooms and the new carpet did result in some unpleasant smell but the hotel did everything they could to minimize the discomfort. They placed lemon slices and fans to freshen up the room. I even received a box of complimentary pineapple tarts for the inconvenience caused. I was genuinely and pleasantly surprised!

Cityinn is definitely a great choice if you're looking for a value for money hotel in Taipei. Be sure to book early especially during peak periods as the hotel is extremely popular!

Room Tip: Walls are quite thin so if you're a light sleeper request for a room away from the lobby and on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laufun1989
獵人, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest:

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my 5 days Taipei trip and a reason was because of my wonderful stay at the CityInn.

Although the hotel is small, the hotel provides facilities that a traveler might need such as a pantry which provides hot, warm and cold water, coffee, hot chocolate etc. The hotel has rather fast wifi. Although the room is small, it is clean. The mineral water, towels etc are replenished every day by the staff.

The centralised location of the hotel makes getting around very convenient. The hotel is located very near Taipei Main Station subway station, which is the interchange for two subway lines that contain subway stations for many of the major tourist attractions. In addition, the hotel is located near the Taipei bus interchange, the railway station and the high speed railway station, making it very convenient for one to go to places outside of Taipei.

In addition, the underground shopping streets, shopping malls and ample shops and dining options make the area near the hotel a shopping and dining haven.

Most importantly I must commend on the outstanding staff! They were professional and friendly. The receptionists answered all my needs and queries in a prompt and courteous manner. Their smiles and greetings whenever I returned to the hotel after a day of exploring the city really makes my day.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any friends and family looking for somewhere to stay in Taipei. And I would definitely return to this hotel should I visit Taipei again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JHCY
Dear guest,
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay here. I am pleased to know that you are satisfied of our services. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all staffs.
Wish you a world of happiness and joy for years to come! Should you visit Taipei again for business or leisure, or even a anniversary celebration, please do not hesitate to let us know!
We look forward to your return in the future!

Best Regards,
Malaysia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

As previous reviews,very satisfactory stay even for family of 8 from toddler to 90 years old.Good with its self free laundromat as need not bring too much clothing--hard to find standalone laundromat in Taipei.Comfortable bed and excellent locations with convenient store next door n nearby,restaurants and station underground malls.less than 10 minutes walk to catch the HSR or TRA or MTR trains n buses.have common area bench in eachfloor .

Room Tip: rooms facing front with full length windows best as otherwise could be claustrophobic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank familyvaluetraveller
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I. We take great exception in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable when they’re away from home.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had stay 8 nights. The room is small. Location are very near to the MRT main station. Services are excellence. Is a great location for those who want to save some money on transportation. It is just at the middle of Taipei.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor. Do remember that the taxi diver do not know any english. Be sure to get the ch...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ymtay
Dear Mr. Tay,

Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

P.S. How about your vacation in Thailand? All of our staff are like your photographs.

Michelle
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Cityinn Hotel was my choice for this trip as I was looking forward to the interesting deco for the room, and was not disappointed. I had booked my room via hotel.com and had sent over an email to Cityinn prior to my trip to double check my booking. The staff replied really promptly in English, even though my email was in both English and traditional Chinese characters.

The staff was always warm, and even though they were rotated to man the reception counter they never failed to remember my name and room number. They assisted to check out the location of the tallest Xmas tree in Taipei that we wanted to see too, in Banqiao, and provided walking directions to Ximending.

It was nice to have a common space on the 2nd floor and a pantry equipped with a coffee/ tea dispenser. The Wifi signal in my room was strong and there were no problems getting a connection and surfing the net.

This hotel is located really near the Taipei main station where there is the metro, TRA, HSR, and bus services. The bus service to the airport is nearby too, and a major departmental store - Shinkong Mitsukoshi. Starbucks is across the street, and a 24-hr McDonalds the adjacent street. More food is around the corner, and a Uniqlo clothing store too.

The room is adequate for 2, however the walls could be thin, and the clothes hooks could be more strategically located.

In all, it is a hotel worth another visit for its good location, unique wall deco, and warm friendly service. We received a card to thank us for our patronage at the end of our stay which was unexpected.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tine_Summerleaves
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory. We are glad you like our room design. We perform constant review of our amenities as our goal is to provide our guests the best products available.

Regarding to clothes hooks in our guestrooms , we added 2 more hooks beside the mirror in this 2 days.Your kindly suggestions would be great motivation for improvements in our business.