“Small but Comfortable hotel, Excellent location, Friendly and Professional Staff”

CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I
Ranked #25 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my 5 days Taipei trip and a reason was because of my wonderful stay at the CityInn.

Although the hotel is small, the hotel provides facilities that a traveler might need such as a pantry which provides hot, warm and cold water, coffee, hot chocolate etc. The hotel has rather fast wifi. Although the room is small, it is clean. The mineral water, towels etc are replenished every day by the staff.

The centralised location of the hotel makes getting around very convenient. The hotel is located very near Taipei Main Station subway station, which is the interchange for two subway lines that contain subway stations for many of the major tourist attractions. In addition, the hotel is located near the Taipei bus interchange, the railway station and the high speed railway station, making it very convenient for one to go to places outside of Taipei.

In addition, the underground shopping streets, shopping malls and ample shops and dining options make the area near the hotel a shopping and dining haven.

Most importantly I must commend on the outstanding staff! They were professional and friendly. The receptionists answered all my needs and queries in a prompt and courteous manner. Their smiles and greetings whenever I returned to the hotel after a day of exploring the city really makes my day.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any friends and family looking for somewhere to stay in Taipei. And I would definitely return to this hotel should I visit Taipei again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JHCY
獵人, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear guest,
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay here. I am pleased to know that you are satisfied of our services. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all staffs.
Wish you a world of happiness and joy for years to come! Should you visit Taipei again for business or leisure, or even a anniversary celebration, please do not hesitate to let us know!
We look forward to your return in the future!

Best Regards,
Wayne Chang
Supervisor
CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I

Reviewed December 30, 2012

As previous reviews,very satisfactory stay even for family of 8 from toddler to 90 years old.Good with its self free laundromat as need not bring too much clothing--hard to find standalone laundromat in Taipei.Comfortable bed and excellent locations with convenient store next door n nearby,restaurants and station underground malls.less than 10 minutes walk to catch the HSR or TRA or MTR trains n buses.have common area bench in eachfloor .

Room Tip: rooms facing front with full length windows best as otherwise could be claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank familyvaluetraveller
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I. We take great exception in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable when they’re away from home.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had stay 8 nights. The room is small. Location are very near to the MRT main station. Services are excellence. Is a great location for those who want to save some money on transportation. It is just at the middle of Taipei.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor. Do remember that the taxi diver do not know any english. Be sure to get the ch...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ymtay

Dear Mr. Tay,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We take great exception in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable when they’re away from home.
Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

P.S. How about your vacation in Thailand? All of our staff are like your photographs.

Michelle

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Cityinn Hotel was my choice for this trip as I was looking forward to the interesting deco for the room, and was not disappointed. I had booked my room via hotel.com and had sent over an email to Cityinn prior to my trip to double check my booking. The staff replied really promptly in English, even though my email was in both English and traditional Chinese characters.

The staff was always warm, and even though they were rotated to man the reception counter they never failed to remember my name and room number. They assisted to check out the location of the tallest Xmas tree in Taipei that we wanted to see too, in Banqiao, and provided walking directions to Ximending.

It was nice to have a common space on the 2nd floor and a pantry equipped with a coffee/ tea dispenser. The Wifi signal in my room was strong and there were no problems getting a connection and surfing the net.

This hotel is located really near the Taipei main station where there is the metro, TRA, HSR, and bus services. The bus service to the airport is nearby too, and a major departmental store - Shinkong Mitsukoshi. Starbucks is across the street, and a 24-hr McDonalds the adjacent street. More food is around the corner, and a Uniqlo clothing store too.

The room is adequate for 2, however the walls could be thin, and the clothes hooks could be more strategically located.

In all, it is a hotel worth another visit for its good location, unique wall deco, and warm friendly service. We received a card to thank us for our patronage at the end of our stay which was unexpected.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tine_Summerleaves
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory. We are glad you like our room design. We perform constant review of our amenities as our goal is to provide our guests the best products available.

Regarding to clothes hooks in our guestrooms , we added 2 more hooks beside the mirror in this 2 days.Your kindly suggestions would be great motivation for improvements in our business.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

CityInn is one of the most customer-oriented hotels around and probably offers even better customer service as compared to high-end hotels. The staff called to confirm our stay two days before we arrived. Each time we return to the hotel, the staff never fail to greet us. What is more impressive is that staff on different shifts can remember my name and also noted we have booked a van to the airport on our last day. The follow-up email on my feedback was also something other hotels should learn from. The day after I returned to Singapore, I received an email from the hotel manager regarding my comment on the position of hooks in the room. He commented that works are in the way and I will be able to see the change when I return in future. I really like the personalized service offered by CityInn.

Free coffee, hot chocolate and tea latte is offered at the pantry on Level 2 all day. There are also magazines around the area. Guests can also use the washing machine and detergent for free.

Though the room is small, it has everything you need for a comfortable stay. After all, who stays in the room all day when you are in Taipei? :) In terms of cleanliness, the rooms are well-maintained. Location wise, it is just a few minutes walk away from Taipei Main Station. This is especially convenient if you are coming to Taipei by the High Speed Rail. In my case, I arrived from Kaohsiung. There are many eateries and a Family Mart just next to the hotel. Very convenient. :)

Room Tip: The downside is there are rooms next to the pantry area. Do ask for higher level rooms if noise is a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mskmouse

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory. We add 2~4 more hooks in most of rooms after your review. We perform constant review of our amenities as our goal is to provide our guests the best products available.

Your feedback is most appreciated. We look forward to your future return and we will strive to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Room is Very small so no way to have a third person. Nothing to complain about as hotel is in great location (very near to Taipei Main station where MRT, Bus Interchange and Train are located), room is very new and clean, there is a laundry area and pantry for guests and their service is great ! Upon booking online, I receive confirmation call from them within minutes and that surprises me ! They are prompt and helpful with email enquiries too.
No other facilities so price is quite high for a small room hotel and with additional charge for child under 12 without extra bed. But I guess they can ask for such a price as iris in good location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ling_Sg
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
A warm welcome to Taipei.
At Cityinn Hotel-Taipei Station Branch 1, we continuously strive to bring the Cityinn Experience to greater heights for you.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this branch. It was a satisfying stay. Clean and modern hotel. I booked through the hotel website and within 2 hours, the staff called to confirm the booking. That was a very nice gesture. A few days before the trip, the staff called again to check our arrival timing. That's very sweet of them too.

Good location, clean bedroom, polite and efficient staff, reasonable pricing. The only flaw to me was the bathroom. It has a transparent bottom and top wall that separates the bathroom and the bedroom. The middle part is opaque. It was really embarrassing for me and my friend as we could literally see each other doing business in the toilet. We had to use our luggage to block the view. This really bothers me but I guess it was a necessity to brighten and create an impression of a bigger room.

Nevertheless, I had a great stay at Cityinn Hotel Branch 1. I've also stayed in their Taichung branch (separate review on this).

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank cloversze
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are strongly considering your idea, and will report it to our management for further actions.Your kindly suggestions would be great motivation for improvements in our business.
Your comments will be shared with our staffs.