“A great place to stay in Taipei”

Ranked #33 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“A great place to stay in Taipei”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel from 30Sep - 06Oct and I must say this is a great hotel to stay in. Its very near to the Taipei Bus Station and MTR.. The desk staff are really friendly and nice to us.
We will definitely consider staying in this hotel for my next trip to Taiwan :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear guest,

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your wonderfuI comments.Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

We look forward to your future return and we will strive to meet and exceed your expectations.

Michelle Lu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I did a lot of online research before choosing this hotel and am really glad I did - midrange hotels in Taipei aren't overly cheap but for the money, this is perfect. Location couldn't be better, staff were really helpful and friendly, rooms were decent sized and really clean and beds were comfortable. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mayald
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We take great exception in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable when they’re away from home.
Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My daughter and I stayed 5 days at this hotel, August 30-September 4th. Location was perfect - it was across the street from Guokuang Airport Bus Station, and 5 minutes walking distance from Taipei Main Station, and walking distance to Shinkong Mitsukoshi Shopping Mall. They do not serve breakfast, but next door there is a Family Mart convenience store that has an ATM, and also sells snacks and drinks. 1/2 block away there is a Starbucks and a McDonalds. Loved the staff: they were so friendly and can speak English. Rainie was very pleasant and helpful - she booked our tours for us so that the tour guide could pick us up at our door. If you arrive before check-in, the hotel can hold your baggage so you can browse the area. I liked that they have complimentary laundry facilities- so convenient for the hot humid summer! They have a common kitchen area with microwave, coffeemaker, refrigerator, and reverse osmosis water filter dispenser.. Our room was good size, air conditioned, clean, with trendy decor. Each morning the hotel provided complimentary water bottles and snacks. Beds were very comfortable. We liked the overhead and handheld shower system. Soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower was great. The finishing touch to their fine hospitality: we were surprised to receive a note thanking us for our patronage with a chocolate cake from Starbucks! How cool is that?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Judy L
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Ms. Lee,

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was one week in Taipei and was wonderful to stay in this hotel! The staff was so great with us and treat us very good.
My favourite place of the Hotel was the small room where you can prepare coffe or heat food in the microwave. Very conviniant the laundry to wash your clothes coz Taiwan is a very wet place.

Very happy, and the hotel made our Honey Moon fantastic!!!

Mr. Mai

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarcosMai
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Mr. Mai,

We feel that you do not have accent when you speak Chinese.

呂佩真Michelle Lu
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

First off, it's near the subway and there's lots of restaurants within walking distance around it, so it basically has a good location. The rooms are awesome if I say so myself.They're neat, clean and tidy. They've got English channels on TV. too, specifically movie channels. They have great decor and furniture (I love their wall murals). They've got a nice staff and free wifi. They give free snacks, water bottle and coffee. The staff are extremely nice. I remember spilling my drink on the floor and they weren't mad at all. They would always greet my family when we walked in and they would always remember our room key. One time they gave my sister a birthday card because they found out that it was her birthday. Not only are they nice in Taiwan, but also on facebook. I comment on them and they comment back and like it. They are AWESOME. One of the best hotels I've been to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory. We are glad you like our room design. We perform constant review of our amenities as our goal is to provide our guests the best products available. Your feedback is most appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Summary
Location: Just opp Taipei Main Station, 5 mins walk. Can walk through underground exit Z6, super convenient.
Overall hotel is clean, they provide you with all the necessities (toothbrush, soap etc) and will replenish everyday. There's a pantry and laundry self-service for everyone to use.
If you arrive or book out early, can store luggage with them first.
Price: Value for money, SGD79 per night. P.S. Book online cheaper than call in as they have promotions from time to time.
Design: Modern, simple and classic with white and orange as main themes
Room facilities: TV, Electric kettle, Air-con, Humidifier/Moisture-remover, Toilet
Hotel facilities: Pantry with coffee maker, water dispenser, fridge. Self-laundry service.
Oh, there's no breakfast provided though, and no cafe in the hotel. But there's food menu which you can order and staff will deliver to you. But there are many things to eat in the area and the underground mall so no worries.

Story
There's a hiccup when we arrived on the first day. They couldn't find our booking though i'm positive that the deposit has been successfully transacted. They asked for the booking confirmation printout and come to think of it, i did not receive any in my email after booking and paying the deposit online. The staff tried to call the other branches to check my booking but to no avail. Presenting the debit card i used to pay does not help. I was so worried because that means we are going to lose the deposit and might not be able to find another hotel for 5 nights since it's so last minute. After about an hour of desperation checkings and callings on our side, they suddenly asked for my email address and was able to locate my booking! They said their online system has some issues and my booking was not complete and got "stuck" halfway. (So remember to print confirmation slip or give them a call to confirm booking) They will liaise with their accountant to confirm the deposit payment. And they gave us our room key immediately and apologised for the inconvenience. We were of course relieved and did not pursue further. Hmm, but we were wondering, since this hotel is always fully booked and needed to book in advance, how can they produce a room so quickly since our booking was not successful?

Nevertheless, our 5 night-stay was more than pleasant and comfortable. They were more than friendly, with service better than a 4-star hotel. And we had clean-forgotten about the incident we had upon checking in. They were able to provide weighing scale when we need, umbrella (even disposable ones that do not need to be returned.) and services for ordering local pastries like Tai Yang Bing with no additional charges.
Though typhoon came unexpected, staff were updated with latest news of typhoon and were able to advise as where to go and where not to.
This place and their staff really made us feel at home - safe.
Room tidied everyday and stuff that we used like mineral water, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, mouth rinse etc were replenished everyday.
Actually we just needed a clean room to sleep in every night as we are out most of the day and will return only late at night. Thus, this is more than sufficient for us.
On the night before we left, we received a card and cake from the staff on duty. It was very thoughtful of them.
Therefore, we would like to appraise all staff at Cityinn branch I during our stay from 29 July - 3 Aug 2012, especially Miffy, Sunny, Rainie for their thoughtful card and cake.
Thank you! =)

刘小姐
609 号房

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th storey, corner room, and we did not hear any disturbing noises when we came bac...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeiBei90
Dear Clara,

We apologize for the inconvenience the booking system out of control during you arrived process. We do not normally have such large events going on, but it is a good suggestion to double check whether each on line booking has been succeed.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent 3-day stay at CityInn Hotel. Great location, friendly and helpful staffs, with thoughtful, clean and comfortable room facilities... Basically you'll find everything you need in the room, free wifi & lan, bottles of water (for free, btw I really hate priced water...it just makes you feel bad XD), they even have a balcony...! But what impresses me most is not the room itself but the service. The staffs greet guests by name, keep the room key for them and return it accurately when you step in the hotel...smiling, helpful, sincere. One night I got a fever and the staffs provided great assistance to us. Luckily I got better in the morning so I was going out, and the girls asked if I was feeling well...it's just so warm. Very pleasant trip and hotel, thanks to all the staffs there and I hope there'll be a chance for another stay. (However, there's some noise from other rooms, hope they'll work on it sometime, but it doesn't really affect much)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Livary,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our personalized customer service.

We look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

P.S. This is my second reply your review, I really confused why my first reply was gone in here.