“Pleasant staff & good location”

Ranked #25 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed June 3, 2012

CityInn I is a very small hotel. What I like is their friendly staff and the location. There is a Family Mart right next to the hotel, many food stalls and Chinese books stores nearby. However, the room has poor sound proofing and I can hear people talking in mid-night or early morning. If you are the light sleeper, you should ask for a corner room.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise because the laundry room and pantry are on 2nd floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lian23
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Lian,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our personalized customer service.
We continuously strive to improve upon our sound proof, so we hope that on your next stay with us, you may see the improvements we have made.

Sincerely we look forward to serving you again soon.

呂佩真Michelle Lu

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed 3 nights while visiting friends. Got a room on the 7th floor, facing the side alley.

The room was rather small, but well designed, clean and comfortable. Good shower, bathroom and toilet. Free snacks (2 packs), bottled water, tea and coffee in the room. Refilled daily.

Powerful but silent aircon.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The location is really excellent, a few meters away from Taipei main station, the main bus stop and 3 MRT lines, it is surrounded by restaurants and shops.

There are two significant downsides to this hotel:

1. Sound proofing of walls is poor - you could clearly hear everything being said in the next room. You could clearly hear if someone took a shower or flashed the toilet. It didn't bother me too much, but might bother you;

2. Roughly 1/3 of the rooms have no window. And while the view from my window was just a narrow alley and the building on the other side, it was nice to have a little sunshine.

I will certainly return there on my next trip to Taipei.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a window.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sermann
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I and taking your time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate the feedback , that will be reviewed and shared with the team. Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day.
We are trying everything we can to improve the quality of sound proof, we hope the next time when you stay at Cityinn Hotel we can see the change in us.
Thank you once again for your kind compliments, we look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

Michelle Lu

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. Room is just nice for a couple. Bathroom is cleaned and modern. Hotel comes with free laundry machine and dryer at 2nd floor. Staff are friendly and helpful. Close to Taipei Main Station and shopping district, restuarants and local food are easily find, very convenience. MRT, Trains and HSR are within minutes of walks. Easily connect to other parts of Taipei City by MRT and County Taipei by bus area likes, Jiufen, Yehliu. etc...
The only disappointment is that the sound proof of the room, noise can be hear from the corridor and the other room.

Room Tip: Ask a bigger room same type if you got small one...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our personalized customer service.

呂佩真Michelle Lu

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place is close to the Taipei Main Station and shopping district! It is so convenient to find food and entertaining within few blocks. When we reached, we just dump our bags and went hunting for food!

The hotel room is not too big, not too small, just nice. It is clean and modern, equipped with TV, refrigerator, toilet amenities and small open wardrobe. Water bottle and some snacks like potato chips are supplied daily, which is a surprise for us. We didn't expect the hotel to be so generous. One con is that the refrigerator never function well, it was not cold at all. We have to use the Fridge at Level 2. Level 2 is a breakout area for the staff and some tourist waiting for their laundry. Yes, there are washing machine and dryer which is a good thing as we didn't bring a lot of clothes.

The hotel staffs are very polite and caring. Every time when we leave the key to them, they will inform us that room will be clean or if they can clean the room. They even gave us a small treat (a piece of cake and a goodbye card) on our last day. Loved the cake!

Overall the hotel is great, just that I was awake by the rude and noisy tourist next door on our departing day with their too exciting giggling and laughing and talking at 6 AM! The sound proof can be better in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lexyx
michellelu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from Cityinn Hotel 1 Taipei Main Station! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our staffs.
In regards to the refrigerator, we did fix when you tell us. We truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely we look forward to serving you again soon.

Michelle Lu
Cityinn Hotel 1 Taipei Main Station

Reviewed February 12, 2012

A satisfactory budget stay. Room is definitely small, typical of hotels in main city. But it is clean and modern. We stayed for one night to catch the train to Hualian the next morning. For a family group of 8 with 2 elder members and 2 young children, it was still walkable to the Taipei Main Station in light drizzle. The only disappointment is there is no breakfast included in the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank eaglet024
ChiayiHsu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear Guest:
It is our pleasure to receive your satisfaction on stays with us.

Should you have any questions, suggestions, and concern toward CityInn Hotel 1 and Taipei Inns Group, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Awabi Yoo

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed at CityInn 1 during my first visit to Taipei. I made my room reservation at their website ( www.cityinn.com.tw ), you can choose to stay either in their Standard Room ( One queen size bed ) or Twin Sharing Room ( Two Single Beds ). I personally felt that the queen bed is a bit too small for 2 adults, unless of course you are on a honey moon. Deposit can be paid with credit card, however, you have to be registered as a member first before you can proceed with making a room reservation.
CityInn 1 is the oldest branch among the chains of CityInn Hotel in Taipei. However, the interiors and furnishings of the hotel is still relatively new, my room is very clean, and staff are efficient and polite. Above all, it is situated at a very good location. ( 5 mins walk to Taipei Main Station ) I would strongly recommend this to anyone who are searching for a convenient and yet affordable hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Guava99
ChiayiHsu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Guest:

Awabi Yoo

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Clean and elegant but (some?) rooms have no windows. No breakfast but the price for the room was very affordable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Witoldzio
ChiayiHsu, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Dear Mr. Roscislaw