“A Really Great Stay”
Review of Hotel Eight Zone

Hotel Eight Zone
Ranked #148 of 574 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We loved Hotel Eight Zone. We checked in late and were shown to our really stylish room. It had an awesome bathroom with a huge bath. Our bed was giant and very comfy. The room was perfect. In the heart of Taipei, near to the train station and near to pretty much all the tourist spots in Taipei.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Taipei.
If you arrange transfer to the airport for your departure I recommend getting the Mercedez instead of the sedan. It was really nice to jump into a nice car and get whisked to the airport. On the day of our checkout we sat and ate breakfast in the lobby/ restaraunt area and then a guy in a suit came over to our table and said; "Sir, your Benz is ready." That was pretty cool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cally-Man
There are newer reviews for Hotel Eight Zone

Reviewed February 12, 2011

our room had 2 huge king size beds, one of which at floor level, which is great for the kids!
the bathroom is one of the largest i've ever seen in the hotel..
the bathtub comes with jacuzzi and flashing lights which amazes the kids.. in addition to the lcd tv in the bathroom.
my only quibble is the room's lighting is a little dark..

breakfast at lobby was simple yet tasty, with ala carte selections of eggs :)
round the clock free tidbits and drinks are also available.

the staff are simply excellent in their service..
very easy to get a cab outside the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank joshlty
Reviewed December 29, 2010

This was our second choice- I've been travelling round the world and this hotel comes with white and modern fittings completed with disco lights and your own jacuzzi, steam room and television in the bathroom.Staff is ever so friendly.except itsmeant to be a boutique hotel, and i wanted 2 items both of which are sold out. I love the quilt and comfortable bed and welcoming deinks every single night ! Place is central enough and breakfast is good..

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank korea92
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I travel a lot for work, and, as most business travelers, I'm spoiled by five star hotels and the service and quality you come to expect from them. So, naturally I was weary of a boutique hotel I have never heard of, in a neighborhood I have never been to. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised by my experience.

I stayed on the 8th floor and, as others have mentioned, I thought the rooms were quite spacious and well thought out. There was a huge bed, a desk and two lounge chairs. The bathroom was also well designed and had perks like sauna and jacuzzi bath (which was nice after a day of walking around). Everything was very clean and worked like clockwork. The bathroom had good water pressure and no stupid design flaws (like a shower door that opens out spilling water all over the floor, or a towel rack located on the other side of the room).

I generally stay away from free buffets (cold eggs and mystery meats), but this one was quite nice. Food was fresh and they had a decent variety. I hoped they would have more fruit, but I found a huge fruit stand withing 5 minute walk from the hotel, and loaded up.

But for me, the best part was the service. I felt that the staff constantly went above and beyond. For example, I left at the airport a package I needed, which I realized once I was already at the hotel. At first, I thought I left it in the taxi, and I ran down to the lobby in hopes that they could help me out. The staff asked me if I had a receipt from my taxi ride, or if I remembered the name of the taxi driver, or at least the taxi company -- no, no and no (I know, "tourist", with a capital "duh"). At that point I figured, "well, that's it, nothing else can be done", but the staff told me to take a seat, while they proceeded to call the taxi desk at the airport, who happened to remember which driver was assigned to me, and gave the staff his cell phone -- wow! They quickly found out for me that my package wasn't in the taxi. I thanked the staff, and told them that I would call the airport tomorrow. About 20 minutes later, I received a phone call from the night manager, to tell me that she had contacted the airport and they were not able to find anything. Then, on their own, the staff proceeded to contact the airport every day until I left! I have never had anyone do that much to help with out being prompted or even prodded. Even though the package was never found, the disappointment was greatly reduced by knowing that everything that could have been done, was done.

So, there you go. 5 star amenities, 6 star service at a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank sverkhovsky
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Nicely surprised. I travelled with my parents this time, and old generation ppl believe in big lobby and " luxury" looking deco, if u hv been to the tradiational asian hotels, u ll know wht i mean. But this bountique hotel has provided everything we need. Great buffet breakfast, friendly service, central location, excellent and HUGE room with modern bathroom. Extra bonus is the Salsa night on Saturday!

Will recommand with no reservation!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank JoxLee
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We are a group of 8 ppl in 4 rooms for 2 nights staying in early January. Booked through hotel website. Reservation very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. Front desk people are helpful too, smooth check in and out. They also help us to print out our boarding passes after making the online check in with their Free internet access. Location is great, subway just a small black away. Convenient store just across the street. The area is so close to everything. We never experienced to take more then 3 or 4 subway stops to reach the popular spots in the city. Breakfast is excellent, in buffet style and the greatest it's included with the staying. Lobby is a good place for hang out. Overall, it's a great staying for us! Recommended to everyone! I would definitely return to this property!!!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank 789Snow
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We are so happy we made the right choice. This new hotel is cozy with modern decoration. The Superior room is spacious with 42' TV, jaccuzzi with TV , king bed. WE LOVE the king bed and so comfortable after a whole day shopping. Sky Bar no longer operated.
The hotel dont provie room service so stock up instant noodle opposite 7 evelen which 3 min walk away. The hotel provide free cocktail to every guest one drink per day. Location is not so close to any amentities. Trust me, buy some good bath gel and enjoy the jaccuzzi, you will love it. We club at Taipei 101 Spark a basement one and Room 18. Strongly recommend try Spark if you go on Wed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple