“Great experience”

Ranked #12 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The staff there is always helpful, and very respectful. The hotel is clean and well situated in the heart of the city - near a Metro station (at least the Tianjin Branch of Dandy Hotel). If i were to go to Taipei again I would book a room to the same Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
DandyhotelTJ, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your positive review and for sharing your experience following your stay with us at the Dandy Hotel Tianjin.
We certainly hope that you all will be returning to Taipei and we would be delighted to be able to welcome you back to our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is the second time I visit to Taipei.

We booked two family rooms stay for 4 nights. One room for 3 adults and another room for 3 adults + 1 three years old son. But we didn't receive the kid slipper and kid tooth brush as per the customer reviews of Agoda.

I did some researches to compare the hotel location with the price they charge, Dandy hotel TianJin branch consider charge a reasonable price with the 5 mins walking distance to ZhongShan MRT. Personally I love to stay around ZhongShan MRT area as it is close to many of my flavour restaurants, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi and only one station to Taipei Main Station.

Welcome smile of the staff in reception everyday whenever u go out or back to the hotel . Chocolate cake mentioned make by their chef place at the counter for guest was so delicious, we like it so much but not for selling.

Each floor only 1 family room so we arranged to stay in different level 2 and 5.

Hotel design was simple but modern. Room was clean and cozy.
They provide facial cleanser (this is i seldom see in the hotel's toiletries), all brand of 依必朗www.ibl.com.tw. Others like essential oil for bath tub use and safety box provided.

The position they fixed the water tap for basin is quite not appropriate side as the water will leak out from the basin if you open too little water. End up the basin looks so messy!
Too little hanger provided for a room stay for 3 person.

Self-service laundry with detergent powder all free. This is very useful for us to bring a young kid and 8 days tour in Taiwan.

Breakfast to me it is average, felt bored on the third day due to not much variety.

7-11, bread shop, Japanese ramen and foods all around 1-2 minutes walking distance.

They help me keep and freeze my deliver frozen cakes upon my requested for one day till I leave hotel to airport.
Definitely will go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Family room level 2, convenient to get in and out of hotel; self-service laundry at Lob...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ice800908
DandyhotelTJ, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greeting from Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am delighted to note that you and your family had an overall great stay with us and also thank you for mentioned the weakness of the rooms arrange, we will try to improve and avoid this kind of situation.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments and all team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to your new sanctuary in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Love the modern feel of the hotel. Excellent and friendly service. Hotel is only 5 mins walk to mrt and one stop from taipei main station, hence, pretty convenient to go anywhere.

Only possible improvement area is faster odour removal or better ventilation of toilet

• Stayed: May 2014
DandyhotelTJ, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch.

We are glad to know that you were satisfied with the location,facilities, and service provided by our hotel. Your wonderful recognition truly encourages us to keep providing the heart-touching services to all our respectful guests like you.
We thank you and we do look forward to welcome you back to the Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch during your next trip.

Regarding the toilet's ventilation problem , we are very sorry ! We will report it to our management for further actions .Your kindly suggestions would be great motivation for improvements in our business.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

For me the hotel is a little bit far from Zhongshan metro, but on the day there is many shop for u to explore. The hotel will email u the map before u come to taiwan, very consideration. The staff are great, courteous, helpful and provide service more than I expected. I book deluxe room with jacuzzi bath tub. The room is big enough for me. Comfortable bed, big toilet & tv. Will come again if I come to taipei. Great! Keep up the good services.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing from Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are appreciative of you write the detail information about our service and facilities. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home . We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay. Moreover, your comment is such a great encouragement to us.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

First the amenities, they provide basically EVERYTHING including washing machine for you to do the laundry if you need it! This, I don't see it in most smaller hotels.
Their room air condition is centralized so you don't feel hot even though you forgot to switch on the power of the room. You can choose to modify the temperature if you want either.
I like the little gesture of them having some small cakes or candy at the counter for the customers to try out some of the best cakes from Amos Bakery.
I like the way they put the Weather information at in the lift so that I know the weather easily before I step out of the hotel.
They provide money exchange, which saved us A LOT of work finding money changer around.

By the way, their breakfast is SUPERB as well, there's not too much to waste food but the variety is good enough to satisfy both your Eastern and Western breakfast cravings.

One thing I realized, they're very Japanese friendly, from the brouchers, most of it are either English or Japanese. If the Japanese likes it, you can be sure the politeness is very good. Every time you walked into the hotel, the receptionist will stand to greet you immediately, no matter what time it is! Even when I walked pass them while I go to the laundry middle of the night, they greeted!

Best of all, their service. I bought some excessive items and I needed a box to pack them. I asked where can I find some boxes, and they found boxes for me in 30 minutes! So efficient and friendly! And no matter where you want to go, they'll show you the way (even if it's just a super mart nearby)

Not to say, their hotel design is extremely pretty!

All in all, they definitely worth a FIVE STAR service rating no doubt!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
DandyhotelTJ, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience following your stay with us at the Dandy Hotel Tianjin.

We constantly look forward to our guests’ feedback and comments in order to continuously improve our service standards. Our staff will be delighted to hear your wonderful feedback and I will pass your positive compliment regarding breakfast to our chefs.

My team and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed in Dandy for almost 6 days and we enjoyed excellent service from the staff. The hotel is clean and quiet, and it is conveniently located near to MRT station. The rooms are well furnished, spacious and simple. We enjoyed the breakfast, with a reasonably good spread. We will come back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
DandyhotelTJ, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so glad that you gave us such a positive feedback which must be shared with our staff and motivate our team to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

This review is a little late but still would like to drop a line for this ever wonderful hotel...
Me and my family of 10 stayed at Dandy Hotel Tianjin branch for 5 days in March'14. This stay is my 2nd one with them and it was my previous experience that made me book my rooms with Dandy again.
As I had made reservations for 4 different types of rooms, the staff was kind to arrange all the rooms on the same level. This gave us alot of convenience as we had 2 young children with us.
The rooms were clean and modern and my family all liked their rooms.
Staff were always friendly and ready to serve... This is one reason why I chose to stay here again. :)
To everyone at Dandy Tianjin branch, thank you for your ever welcoming attitude and friendly smiles... Keep up the fabulous work!
I already miss Taiwan and hope to visit real soon again !

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
DandyhotelTJ, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for choosing Dandy Hotel Tianjin Branch as your recent staying in Taipei. We also thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am delighted that you and your family had enjoyed the experience and greatly feel honored that it was your wonderful stays ever! We feel proud of getting your compliments, and also delightful to hear you loving our service.

We certainly hope that you all will be returning to Taipei and we would be delighted to be able to welcome you and your family back to our hotel :)