“Warmth, friendliness and selfless”

Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch
Ranked #13 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Adelaide
“Warmth, friendliness and selfless”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second we as a family have stayed at this hitel, the first being two years ago. While the deor and settings have changed ( all for the better), what distinguishes this hotel from many others is their SERVICE, as captured by the title to this view.
The staff are highly professional, and went out of their way several times to help us in practical matters, all the time with a genuine attitude of care and compassionate concern that went far deeper than superficial politeness which is prevlalent in Asia. We appreciated this in particular as both times, we struggled with unplanned for medical illnesses in ourselves and our children.
We have to shout out an amazing THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF THERE, especially Daniel, Lily, Iris and Nick! Our seven year old daughter Alicia also says ' 5 out of 5 for service and awesome rooms!'
The location of this hotel is fantastic...essentially right next to Zhongshan MRT station, so all the sights of Taipei are within a travellers reach. Their breakfasts were also delicious, and had a great variety of foods.
We shall certainly be back next time, whether as solo travellers or as a family unit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ManagerDanielChang, 經理 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to read that you felt the personal touch of our service during your stay. I have passed along your comment to Iris.Lily and Nick as well as our entire Front Office team who work together to deliver warm, friendly and professional service to our guests. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming your family back again in the near future!

Warmest Regards
Manger Daniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 6, 2013

It was great to stay in this hotel which is renovated from a historial building. The largest room was spacy for my two little kids to run around. Of course, still had to take care not to let them damage decoration in the room and be hurt. The breakfast was fine and delicious. The hotel services were professional, warm and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
丹迪旅店TJ天津店, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear av4416,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent stay experience with us on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you are satisfied with our service, food and the room.

We will definitely take your suggestion in consideration moving forward. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Cynthia Lin. Supervisor
Dandy Hotel TJ
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rain had just stopped an hour before. As I was stepping out of the hotel, Iris, the ever smiling hotel receptionist shouted after me, "Do you have an umbrella with you?" Iris, 你的贴心我有感受到。

When you travel, whether for business or holiday, do you bring a travel adaptor with you? Well, if you choose to stay at the Dandy Hotel Tianjin, you won't have to. Why? The photo attached will tell you. 小小的心思,大大的方便。

You've read about the positive feedbacks from guests around the world - the hotel's cleanliness and its close proximity to the MRT station, department stores, cafes and restaurants, the friendly hotel staff - but I feel it is the small, personal touches that makes want to return for more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ah_Moon ,

Thank you for choosing Dandy Hotel Tianjin during your staying in Taipei.
It is wonderful to hear that you were so impressed with our service.
We will definitely share your comments with our team, your words of appreciation shall go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Thank you again for letting us know that your stay were comfortable and enjoyable. We all look forward to your next visit to Taipei and staying with us!

Sincerely yours,

Cynthia Lin
Supervisor
Beijing
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We spent 5 nights during the Chinese New Year holiday at the Dandy Hotel Tianjin, and it was one of the most pleasant trips in memory. The hotel is extremely well located, only 5 minutes walk from the Zhongshan subway station, in a nice quiet neighborhood away from the main road. Hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel decor is all white, very tasteful and lovely. Rooms are clean and pleasant, with great bathrooms. Would highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the smallest rooms, as these are a bit cramped. Go for a standard or larger rooms if possible...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from Dandy Hotel Tianjin.

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am very grateful for such a precious review for the nice location and well-equipped facilities. The comment you left did mean a lot to us.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you soon here at Dandy Hotel should your travels bring you back to Taiwan.

Cynthia Lin, Supervisor
Dandy Hotel TJ
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good location with 5 mins walk to the nearest mrt station, Zhongshan station (and later found out that this station is actually having a underground shopping street connecting to Taipei Station). 20mins walk to Ningxia night market where I found the most delicious oyster omelette and papaya milkshake. 3-4 mrt stops to another famous Shinlin night market. Along tianjin street where the hotel is located, plenty of eateries along it, you can also find another famous Unagi (Japanese eel rice) restaurant, Hiyen Ya (肥前屋) just around the corner of Tianjin street.

Staffs ate great and friendly.

Found that the bathroom (I stayed in Elite Double room) is small and the bathtub is high which found a little dangerous to climb over it for shower, flood is slippery too (not anti-slippery tiles being used).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerDanielChang, 經理 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Dandy Guest,
It was our pleasure to receive you.
We are truly appreciate of the time and energy it takes to relate your experience to us and other travelers.
About bathtub and bathroom that we will take appropriate actions to ensure that these concerns are addressed.
We are looking foeard to serving you again.
Yours faithfully.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at Dandy - Tianjin for 4 nights
It was the best hotel in our trip
The service made the difference - reception especially the guys on night duty was friendly and helpful - they assisted with our deliveries and also accommodated our request to use the dining area for chit chatting at night
always attended to us with a smile and remembered our room details
we left a charger behind and immediately on the same day, the hotel emailed to inform us about it - very good service and follow up
the rooms were very nicely decorated and comfortable, although pretty small it was adequate for our stay
only downside was one of the rooms had a slight smell
the location is pretty accessible as it was only a 5 mins walk to Zhongshan mrt station

Room Tip: Standard room has shower area Superior room only have bathtub so choose the one you like
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear My Value Guest,
Cheers and good day,and thanks to you - not only for taking the time to write a review,but for your enthusiam about our hotel.
I am pleased you enjoyed your time and our offerings.
We are constantly improving our room smell so the nest time you come back, it will be an even better experience!
We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back!
Thank you so much again for your feedback.
Kind regards
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

So is actually my updated review for this hotel. I submitted a review for it already and got a helpful vote. Then I wanted to add an incident I left out to tell more about this excellent hotel I didn't care to lose the vote and decided to replace the review with a new one. That's how much I like this hotel.. I am happy to have found this hotel, especially compared to Sheraton where I stayed at last time.

Quick overview on the hotel first.. If you know anything about Taipei, you would know the MRT (subway) is awesome! So it's important for me to stay close to a transit station. This location is only about a 5-minute walk to a transit tstation. Bus stations are also nearby. Hotel is located in busy Zhong Shan station (one away from central hub) area so plenty of things around. Most notably SOGO buildings (if you like department stores). Rooms have Wifi. Signal was kind of weak in our room but I like going downstairs dining area anyway. Also has complimentary breakfast (and is not bad with plenty of selection). Yay! But another nice surprise: it has free self-serivce laundry (washer, dryer, detergent, basket)!! I didn't bring a load of clothes so this really helped.

The room is spacious enough. Bathroom as well. One might call it boutique hotel, but the furniture aren't cheap quality. Bed and mattress are good. Definitely comfortable. Also a more modern feeling. If you're looking for traditional, try somewhere else. Complimentary water and snack. Has safe if you need it.

Now onto the most important part: service. I can't say enough about service. Everyone is friendly in the hotel. Service is much better in general all over Taiwan anyway, but this boutique hotel is a great surprise. Everyone is friendly and courteous, much better than my stay at Sheraton before. I went down stairs to do laundry late one night and brought my laptop with me to use in the dining area while I waited. A staff asked if I needed anything to drink and turned on the lights for me without me having saying anything. I didn't even really need it, but it's the attentiveness and gesture that make you remember the place.

Another incident (new part I wanted to add): the first morning we woke up there, we were awaken by construction noise from somewhere started around 6 or 7am. We finally woke up and went down for breakfast. Told the front desk about the noise and they had no idea. There is no construction in the hotel. I didn't make it a big deal and just said that it happened and went to breakfast. 5 minutes later, a manager (I believe) found me and told me the construction came from next building and that he had informed them that is a violation of ordinance and it cannot happen again. And then he apologized to me for what happened! And he did not have to!

Small casual things like that speak most about a place. Then add the consistent friendly attitudes and gestures as you come in and out of the hotel, it makes your feel welcomed. Then take everything into consideration like cost, location, amenity, service, etc, this hotel provides awesome value for the cost. As a Starwood member myself, I'll book this hotel again when I go back to Taipei. As for my wife, a first time Taiwan visitor, the hotel made a great impression on her.

Thank you, Dandy staff.

PS. They keep the room cards for me whenever I go out so I don't have to worry about losing it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
丹迪旅店TJ天津店, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Mr.Gt6707a,

Your review was exhilarating.
We earnestly appreciate the time you took to write this review and sharing your experince in Dandy with us.

We hope our service will make you feel hauntingly. It was mentioned on all the important points is our location close to a transit station during your stay in Taipei, that really conveniently to reach many places by MRT, and we thank you for conveying the "real" experience to our guests.

All of the Dandy staffs here are looking forward to your next visit to Taipei and staying with us! We'll do our best to make you feel at home. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,