“Great hotel for a stay in Taipei”

Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch
Ranked #13 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel for a stay in Taipei”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

So is actually my updated review for this hotel. I submitted a review for it already and got a helpful vote. Then I wanted to add an incident I left out to tell more about this excellent hotel I didn't care to lose the vote and decided to replace the review with a new one. That's how much I like this hotel.. I am happy to have found this hotel, especially compared to Sheraton where I stayed at last time.

Quick overview on the hotel first.. If you know anything about Taipei, you would know the MRT (subway) is awesome! So it's important for me to stay close to a transit station. This location is only about a 5-minute walk to a transit tstation. Bus stations are also nearby. Hotel is located in busy Zhong Shan station (one away from central hub) area so plenty of things around. Most notably SOGO buildings (if you like department stores). Rooms have Wifi. Signal was kind of weak in our room but I like going downstairs dining area anyway. Also has complimentary breakfast (and is not bad with plenty of selection). Yay! But another nice surprise: it has free self-serivce laundry (washer, dryer, detergent, basket)!! I didn't bring a load of clothes so this really helped.

The room is spacious enough. Bathroom as well. One might call it boutique hotel, but the furniture aren't cheap quality. Bed and mattress are good. Definitely comfortable. Also a more modern feeling. If you're looking for traditional, try somewhere else. Complimentary water and snack. Has safe if you need it.

Now onto the most important part: service. I can't say enough about service. Everyone is friendly in the hotel. Service is much better in general all over Taiwan anyway, but this boutique hotel is a great surprise. Everyone is friendly and courteous, much better than my stay at Sheraton before. I went down stairs to do laundry late one night and brought my laptop with me to use in the dining area while I waited. A staff asked if I needed anything to drink and turned on the lights for me without me having saying anything. I didn't even really need it, but it's the attentiveness and gesture that make you remember the place.

Another incident (new part I wanted to add): the first morning we woke up there, we were awaken by construction noise from somewhere started around 6 or 7am. We finally woke up and went down for breakfast. Told the front desk about the noise and they had no idea. There is no construction in the hotel. I didn't make it a big deal and just said that it happened and went to breakfast. 5 minutes later, a manager (I believe) found me and told me the construction came from next building and that he had informed them that is a violation of ordinance and it cannot happen again. And then he apologized to me for what happened! And he did not have to!

Small casual things like that speak most about a place. Then add the consistent friendly attitudes and gestures as you come in and out of the hotel, it makes your feel welcomed. Then take everything into consideration like cost, location, amenity, service, etc, this hotel provides awesome value for the cost. As a Starwood member myself, I'll book this hotel again when I go back to Taipei. As for my wife, a first time Taiwan visitor, the hotel made a great impression on her.

Thank you, Dandy staff.

PS. They keep the room cards for me whenever I go out so I don't have to worry about losing it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
丹迪旅店TJ天津店, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Mr.Gt6707a,

Your review was exhilarating.
We earnestly appreciate the time you took to write this review and sharing your experince in Dandy with us.

We hope our service will make you feel hauntingly. It was mentioned on all the important points is our location close to a transit station during your stay in Taipei, that really conveniently to reach many places by MRT, and we thank you for conveying the "real" experience to our guests.

All of the Dandy staffs here are looking forward to your next visit to Taipei and staying with us! We'll do our best to make you feel at home. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Cynthia Lin, Supervisor
Dandy Hotel- Tianjin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Dandy hotel's service is very kind and good
Dandy hotel's room is very beautiful and clean
Dandy hotel's breakfast is very clean and delicous
and I love Taiwan
very excellent travel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ahn J
DandyhotelTJ, 業者 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review for us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in Taipei.
Thanks to you for liking our services and the room.
It's certainly our pleasure to accommodate you and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Warm regards,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked Elite room as all standard rooms were full. Dandy hotel shows Elite room has 20m & standard room has 17m at their website, so, I think it is worth to pay more.

When I arrived the hotel, I did not aware my room is the smallest room in the hotel. When I saw their floor plan at night after 2 nights stay, my friend & I aware of it and we found that standard room is bigger than the one we stayed. We doubt whether an Elite room they offered, so, my friend went down & asked a gentlemen about this. He replied, the room we stayed is Elite room & they know that room is the smallest room, so, a tub is set in the bath room as compensation for their guests who stay in that room.

The next day, a lady told us they can offered another Elite room for us, but it is bigger, a window can open but close to another building, so no one will open it and there is no window in the bath room, so, it is not comfortable as it is too dark in the room. After considering we just stayed 1 more night, we decided not to change to another room. Finally, they offered a free transfer from hotel to airport to us as compensation.

To be honest, all other things are okay, especially their location, it is good as it just few minutes walk from Zhongshan station. Besides, rooms are clean & tidy with basic facilities. Staff with standard services, simple breakfasts are served for their guests.

Please state the exact size on the website, do not cheat your customers!

Room Tip: Don't pick Elite rooms, other rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JLee0123
DandyhotelTJ, 業者 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Miss Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Dandy Hotel Tianjin. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations

About the different room size which you mentioned, we sincerely apologize for any misunderstood. I understand that must have been disappointed for you during your stay here. We continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations, your feedback is very important to us.
Please understand we never cheat any guests,elite rooms measuring 20 m2 with bathroom. You asked for the refund about this misunderstood,because of your reservation was from travel agent so we only can arrange free transfer to airport as compensation. If it cause any inconvenience please accept our sincere apology.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If I may be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

E: isolde@taipeiinn.com.tw

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Thank you 丹迪旅店 - 天津店 (Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch) for helping me to organize a surprise for my wife's birthday. Your excellent service is much appreciated by us all and your management team is fortunate to have such a fantastic team running the hotel providing services by going the extra mile to make our stay here so memorable. Special mention to Timmy, Lily, Alan, Sarah and Iris who tried their best to make it happen. From ordering the cake, helping us to get the famous local pineapple tarts to arranging our airport transfer. Everything was executed impeccably. Both my wife and I were super impressed by your hospitality and your sincerity to make sure our stay here is as.comfortable and hassle free as possible. Thank you so much for the complimentary champagne too. You could be sure that we will come back and stay here the next time we visit Taipei.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chriz_Siew
DandyhotelTJ, 業者 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs Siew,

It's our great pleasure having you stayed with us!
These preparation were arranged to show our appreciate and we are glad the see the happiness on your faces.
We would like to welcome you visit us next time in the near future.

Wishing you happy new year !

Dandy Hotel Tianjin Branch
Singapore
Reviewed January 1, 2013

While planning my trip to Taipei in December this year, it really took me a while to determine which hotel to stay. I am quite particular that the hotel should not be to aged with musky smell, relatively cloase to public transport such as the subway, life near the hotels and food should not be too scares.

Dandy Tianjin branch appeared on one of the tour book and while it was about 56 position on Trip Advisor, nevertheless, there was little negativities. Gauging on its position, it is very close to the Zhong Shan station, which is about a 200m walk. Further more, it is located on a side street so I guess it would not be too noisy. So Dandy Tianjin it is!

Upon reaching the hotel, it was not quite what I expected, the outlook is certainly smaller than the picture shown. However, I was welcome by warm and friendly staffs who were every helpful at registrations, it certainly helped brushing off the rain that we were facing when we reached Taipei.

There were 9 of us, my parents, my brother's family of 3 and mine of 4. As a result, I have booked 2 large and 1 medium rooms, with windows. It was to our pleasant surprise even before we entered our room that we were greeted with some paper butterflies on the wall. We were not expecting anything fancy but the hotel has arranged for us the theme room. I was greeted with trees made out of wooden boards attached to the walls, and the 7 dwarves from Snow White. The bath room uses white ceramic tiles and gives a squeeky clean look, and the toilet seat is state of the art.

But my favourite would have to be the belcony, yes, there is no mistake, a retro style belcony as seen on the introductory photos, and you get to walk onto it! It really gives me a great feeling like I have gone back in time to the 70s looking onto the street (minus the modern cars).

The only set back would probbly be the breakfast, which the variety of selection is limited. The good part is, the hotel is equip with washing machine (X 1) and dryer, you won't have to worry much if you are having a long stay.

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and we felt very comfortable with the place. The staffs are helpful and the rooms are very clean. In addition, it also comes with many cable channels and in house movies selection so our evening is not bored. It is definitely a hotel for recommendation and position 56 may be an understatement for this hotel.

Room Tip: Call the hotel up prior to online booking. I have encountered problem making full 5 days booking for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Denzuko1
DandyhotelTJ, 業者 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute your review and we all highly appreciate your recommend .
I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your time to travel in Taipei.
Every guests are all special for us, your appreciation will always make us to do harder and try to keep the best service for our guests.

It's certainly our pleasure to accommodate you and we sincerely look forward to your staying with us again.

Yours faithfully,

Dandy Hotel-Tianjin Branch Taipei
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our 2nd visit to Taiwan and Dandy has always been our choice hotel since the very good experience we had 3 years ago. This time, we're at Taiwan for 16 nights with 9 nights spent at Dandy. Service never fails to make us feel at home with their warm, friendly and helpful staff. Room is always kept at tip top condition. Location is also excellent within walking distance to Zhongshan Station, near the Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Departmental Store (3 blocks of them!) and many eateries round the corner. Receptionists never fails to greet us with their wide and warm smile, and never fails to go the extra mile for us.

Iris never fails to greet us with her warm smile. And she's always prompt in responding to my requests even way before we're there (yup, emails and all).
Lily went the extra mile by calling the post office to get as much information for my postage needs as she can.
宗勳 (sorry dont know his english name) went to the post office and physically q-ed to help us get the postage forms. He must have q-ed for a long time as when we personally pop by the post office to mail our parcels, we waited for an hour to have it done! 好感动...
Timmy never fails to greet us with his warm smile. Always ready to assist us and giving us as much assistance as he can, especially during the wee hours of the night as my hubby and I discussed our plans for the next couple of days. Arranging our last minute sight seeing tour, helping us with our orders of goodies to bring back home, etc etc.

Overall experience in Dandy is EXCELLENT! Definitely our choice hotel and we'll definitely be back again. Keep up the good work! Thumbs Up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ameldat
DandyhotelTJ, 業者 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Rachel,

Good day:-) Thank you for taking the time to contribute your review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks to you for liking our services and the room.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed 6 nights at Dandy Tianjin and had an extremely enjoyable stay! The receptionists, Sarah, Lily (not sure of the names of the rest) and hotel manager, Daniel, are all very helpful and gave us recommendations of where to go for sight-seeing and what food near the hotel is nice. The hotel manager, Daniel, is especially very kind to my elderly mother and will help to support her when she climb up and down the steps. Once when my mother and I came back to the hotel, he immediately ran to the kitchen and serve my mum a warm cup of water as the weather is cold. This really touch our hearts as he is very attentive to our needs. Whenever we need to take a cab, the hotel will also help to call the cab and tell the driver exactly where we need to go. On Christmas eve, we had a pleasant surprise from the hotel as Sarah, Daniel and another receptionist appeared at our doors with lovely presents for my 2 young nieces. We can feel their warmth and sincerity. Daniel also reassured us that the presents are bought at established toys outlets and are safe for the children. Dandy hotel's service level is really top notch and above expectations and is much better than any of the 5 star hotels I have stayed. I will strongly recommend this hotel to others and will definitely stay in this hotel whenever I am in Taipei. Good job Dandy!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tanml
beautylinlin, 經理 at Dandy Hotel - Tianjin Branch, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Dandy Hotel Tianjin Branch.
We are delight to know you have enjoyed your stay with us, and liked our design, facilities, service,surprise and our team . I will share your comments with our team who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again

Warm regards.