All reviews boat safari jungle lodge rapti river mr varun the general manager bush dinner glass bottles airport pickup pugdundee safaris natural materials across the river first class experience once in a lifetime treated like royalty the entire experience resident elephants elephant bathing
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Mostly this was a very good experience. Room was very comfortable and jeep and boat safaris were interesting and as advertised. We saw rhino, crocodile, wild boar, lots of deer. Guide was knowledgeable, attentive, concerned about the environment. Pool was refreshing and attractive. Downsides were that guide and staff hovered a bit too much and pressed their agenda a bit strongly. Partly we were there for their knowledge and guidance, of course, but partly were were there for family time, and they were a bit overly present, especially at meals. We would encourage them to keep in mind that many guests are traveling partly to spend time together as a family or couple, and value space and privacy.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank brooklands22
Reviewed April 21, 2018

My husband & I and the small group we were traveling with had a great stay at Barahi Jungle Lodge. The facility is very nice in all respects including the rooms/cottages, dining and lounge.

The customer service in particular is outstanding. I am disabled and the staff went way out of their way to take great care of me. Krishna in particular kept an eye on me and was there whenever I needed anything.

If you have difficulty walking as I do, Barahi Jungle Lodge does present some challenges. The rooms can be a fairly good walk from the main lodge, but they have golf carts to take you back and forth which are prompt and speedy. There are some stairs which presented a challenge for me, but the staff carried me up and down the steps in their wheelchair that they loaned me.

The biggest mobility challenge at the lodge is getting to/from the boats that take you across the river for the safaris. To get to the boats, there is a long set of steps down the river bank that are manageable if you can walk. To get to the jeeps on the other side of the river, it is a long walk in loose dry sand. I could not do this and had to be carried to and from the boat both ways. Mostly some men in our group carried me, but the lodge staff was quite willing to carry me when needed.

On safari, we saw lots of rhinos and peacocks. We were near a tiger, but did not see it. We also did the sunset boat ride one night which was very nice. And we went into the village one morning and got a tour of one of their houses which was quite interesting. Some of the guys in our group went for a run along the river bank and also borrowed bikes from the lodge and road into the village. In addition, there is a talk or performance each night before dinner. So there is a lot to see and do. At the main lodge, they have wifi, so you can stay connected.

Barahi Jungle Lodge is a great experience in all respects.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2018

I couldn't recommend this hotel enough! From the moment we arrived, the customer service we received was like no other. The members of staff were welcoming, helpful, inspiring and they couldn't do enough for us. The accommodation is of exceptional quality and the activities on offer are some of the best we have done. We were fortunate to get engaged during our stay here and the hotel manager went above and beyond in order to help me prepare for the big moment. I would be sad if I never stayed here again. The easiest 10 out of 10 I've ever given.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2018

Stayed here for only 2 nights which was no were near long enough. Stayed in lodge number 15 which was just perfect. The lodge is very safari rustic and they think of every tiny little thing to ensure your stay is pure bliss. The little touches with everything was just perfect. The lodges are decorated extremely tastefully to enhance every ones stay. The shower room was absolutely stunning with a pebble stone base which when standing in provides your feet with a gentle massage as you move around the shower. The soaps sitting wrapped in natural paper and string on a rock all added to the tasteful and appropriate decor. The beds extremely comfortable and rooms spacious with a lovely balcony.

The fully inclusive lodge provided excellent meals and we never wanted for anything. Dinner by the pool was surreal with lanterns lighting the way and candles on the table.

The activities provided at the Lodge are also wonderful - we did the Canoe Safari which was very enjoyable finished off with canapes watching the sun go down over the river - exquisite! We also participated in a Jungle Jeep Safari and had the most amazing experience with wildlife a plenty and a lovely breakfast served in the jungle.

We also had the opportunity to see and participate in the cultural dancing which certainly was an experience!

The resort is large and the staff are absolutely wonderful and help and assist in anyway possible to ensure your stay is incredible. They have golf carts which run you around the lodge if need be. The resort also has a very nice pool area with bar and the waiters are happy to serve you in the pool which was just wonderful.

Would definitely recommend this property for anybody looking for a piece of paradise!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank MBs4
Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights.
Very luxurious lodges . Superbly well run with very good attention to detail.
Very good value for money as cost per night is full board including tea, coffee etc and virtually as many safari type activities as you can fit in.
Very knowledge guides. We were lucky enough to see a tiger at 12 midday on the road back towards the hotel at the end of a Jeep safari. We are very privileged to have seen this.Do not miss the elephant bathing it’s wonderful. You can go on a cycle tour of the local villages too. Everyone is so friendly it’s infectious.
Our daughter was ill for a few hours when we were there and the guide was phoning us to ask if we has medication and if she was feeling better.
I’ve never experienced such genuine generous service before.
Can not recommend this place highly enough- just wonderful and so many unique memories to take away from just one place makes this hotel truly special

Date of stay: April 2018