As mentioned two different properties are being reviewed under this title
1. Machan Paradise View (without pool) which is reviewed here
2. Machan Wildlifr Resort (with pool)
The accomodation are in two story blocks of 4 and is basic. We never did get the air con to work properly although the staff tried hard.
The food was OK
What made the trip memorable were the activities and the staff, who were so friendly, happy, knowlegable and eager to please.
The resort works closely with local villages, from where most of the staff come and we were taken on a vilage visit and proudly shown our guide's house.
The elephant safari was wonderful, only surpassed by bathing the elephants in the river and being allowed to ride one back to the stables.
My (adult) daughter adored the elephants and the manager arranged for an extra trip to help bathe the elephants for her and asked the mahout to let her drive the elephant on the second safari - which made her holiday
The jeep safari, canoe trip and nature walks were also breath-taking.
The position of the lodge is great with seating to sit looking over the reserve spotting rhino and lots of exotic bids.
All in all a wonderful place to stay - but don't expect luxury!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Machan we offer you an arrangement that promises exceptional vistas of the Royal Chitwan National Park, and days full of exciting adventure. Machan Wildlife Resort is our luxury camp in the eastern part of Chitwan. It has the charm and beauty of a deep-forest retreat inside the Royal Chitwan National Park, with all the amenities and services of a class hotel. Complementing this well-known resort, a new hotel under our care is only an hour’s drive ride away towards the western edge of the Park. We call it Paradise View, reflecting its spectacular setting along a riverbed, across the tall trees of the jungle. Our new addition comprises of 20 rooms in 5 separate bungalows. The conference hall is unique among the Chitwan lodges and caters to a hundred participants. Paradise View is also ideally located close to the Park Headquarter and the Gharial Breeding Farm. Nearby also lie the serene Tamar and Lami Lakes. Visit to the Park Museum can be an eye opener. A few days in each location guarantees the wildlife enthusiast an optimal number of wildlife sightings, allows discovery of different ecosystems and landscapes of the beautiful plans of south Nepal, besides offering a selection of comfortable and relaxing accommodation. Safari on elephant back is one of the most exciting rides one can experience in the jungle. The Greater One-horned rhinoceros is a familiar sight here. Common langurs, four species of deer, sloth bear, wild boar and many other mammals are found within the jungles of Chitwan. But there’s a lot more to safari camps than just wildlife sightings. We take you on village walk where you gain insights into the rich culture of the ethnic people. Watch their enchanting folk dances - or even join them in their merriment. A silent canoe ride gives you the luxury of catching wildlife by surprise. Or go on a refreshing bird-watching trip. Chitwan plays host to more than 532 species of birds - pick them out in our checklist. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Machan Wildlife Hotel Chitwan National Park