“Safari in Nepal”

Chitwan Jungle Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer a package tour for Chitwan National Park, where you can have your holidays relaxable with elephant safari, jungle walk, bird watching, canoeing, elephant bathing, culture visit and traditional shows and many more activities to make much enjoyable trip for you.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We alighted our canoes somewhere to proceed with the jungle walk. R., who is from our resort, was our guide. He told us what to do if we encounter a rhinoceros or a bear, although the chances of actually spotting one is very low. The group was fascinated by the numerous termite hills in the jungle, some as high as half the adult human body. We rounded up our jungle walk with a visit to the elephant breeding ground where we saw baby elephants.

The elephant safari ride in the late afternoon was fun. It ran for almost 1.5 hours. It was the most authentic elephant ride I ever had. The ones I experienced in Thailand and India were a bit touristy. The mahout doubles as an animal spotter and we were alerted to a wild boar and a spotted deer, but that was all. It would have been thrilling to see a rhino but that's something no one could guarantee. From the back of the elephant where I was seated, I was able to view another spectacular sunset. There were four to an elephant.

1  Thank Jeffrey L

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked an elephant safari as we had been advised that this was the best way to get close to wildlife - rather than a jeep which we were told can be intrusive - What we expected was a peaceful meander on an elephant. What we got was a procession of 25+ elephants each with 4 tourists on her back - all shouting and cheering - so any wild life was scared away. the tour lasted an hour and a half and it was just about the longest hour and a half of my life - it was an awful experience.

4  Thank Caroline T
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Since all the Sauruha hotels are at the edge of the park, one must drive for a long time until you actually see any wild animals. After a couple of hours on the jeep, your bum really takes a pounding, not to mention your spine. It is also very dusty. Our tour was 4.5 hours long.

That aside, we did see some rhinos, deer, wild boar, huge buffalo, birds and monkeys, so it was all worth it.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you have a passion for nature and animals and you are doing this tour thinking you will be in harmony with nature by riding on an elephant, well you will be disapointed and so was I... I booked this tour thinking what a great way to visit the jungle, it will be quiet not like on the jeep, I will be on an actual animal so I will blend perfectly in the environment. I was so excited and looking forward to this little adventure. So we sat on the poor elephant and he started to walk in the jungle but that poor thing seemed to be hungry, so he stopped whenever he could to eat some grass that's when the man riding him started smacking him on the head. Then I realized that his head was really red by being hit all the time with a stick, and it went on and on.... I felt worse and worse as we went along... and I really regretted deeply to have encourage this activity.

Always keep in mind that any commercial use of animal is never a good thing, anyway that's what I have learned from this experience.

13  Thank SenoraPatita
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The range when we visited early in the morning was superb. There was a wide range of vegetation type many birds and an odd deer. The Rhinos and Leopards,Bengal tigers and even the monkeys refused to come out of their hiding. The jeep ride was pleasant and we breathed lots of ozone. To sum up not withstanding our disappointment the visit to chitwan was unforgettable

1  Thank nana16march