All reviews competent guide hot water two nights jungle walk hammocks mosquitoes package netting sink activities rhino
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I had been here in April i.e rainy period. it was poorly managed by kids (very young staff)

1) staff is good and humble and polite.
2) in-experienced staff results in many obligations and losses.
3) poor cleanliness of rooms.
4) no regular maintenance of room facilities.
5) Food quality was quite OK. but found much cheaper in nearby.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to stay in Sauraha to get the village feel & this place seemed in a good location & looked laid back.
It has certainly seen better days, but so has a lot of the village.
We arrived by bus & the cafe staff at the bus stop called for our collection. This was swift & efficient.
At reception they didn't want to see passports. Unusual I thought.
We ordered lunch with them, but they didn't want us to sit in the restaurant & they suggested we sit at reception which had really dirty tables (even by Nepal's standards) & we weren't keen on the mosquitos. So we moved ourselves to the garden. We were eventually invited to go to the restaurant after the people there had eaten their buffet. The food is good.
Our room was clean. Decorated meticulously from another era. Lots of lights. 12 in all, but none for the loft room worked, none for reading lights & the spotlightover the 1st bed had to be on for the bathroom light to work. The ceiling fan had no speed control & knocked on the ceiling when it rotated, but the AC was efficient. There was no hot water & this did get fixed eventually, but we had no hot water twice. Our towels were very thin. Mine went missing when I aired it out outside & it took 3 attempts to get a replacement. There were no mattress protectors under the sheet & no main sheet provided. The hammocks in the garden had big holes in them, but the garden was a peaceful place.
On arrival we were asked twice about tours which we agreed to. That was why we were there after all. On one of these tours they hadn't booked for us so we were woken at 6:30 for a 7am tour that they'd not booked. We waited around for an hour not aware as to what was going on until they then booked us for an afternoon tour.
And finally. We wanted to pay by card the night before we left & they insisted we do it on the morning. They didn't want to take card in the morning, then they could, but then only in 2 seperate payments. So we missed our courtesy bus to the bus stop.
So a whole series of events that are understandable seperately, but make me wonder if they want to run a hotel at all.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Chitwan F, Owner at Chitwan Forest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Thanks for this

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

So the staff were great! On my first night I was tired and straight away they cooked me up a lovely meal. My room however was not good. The tap in the sink didn’t work and there wasn’t any hot water. Also the net above the bed didn’t have a ring so it fell on my face - not the end of the world but annoying.

I told the manager the next day and straight away moved me to a nicer room which was so efficient. The next room was much nicer although the shower barely gave out any water so that was a no go. Then there is somewhere local which plays loud music until 12pm so an early night is out of the question.

The last thing was I was asked about (not joking) 15 times in 24 hours from different members of staff what activities I wanted to do- very annoying.

So whilst the staff were great I won’t pick to stay here again. Good location though!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

My guidebook told me that this place would take care of me well, and it lives up to that good reputation. Last night, sinking into a clean bed in a large room with all the necessities and no mold or food smells, I felt so grateful for that tip. Mosquitoes are held off with screens on the windows, netting on the bed, and glass panes to shut out the night. The bathroom has good plumbing. Extra blankets are in the closet, but we don’t need them yet, even though it’s winter. We’re gong to extend our stay. Looking forward to our first tour of the jungle this afternoon.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Chitwan F, Owner at Chitwan Forest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Thank you for your lovely commend we hope we can do much mor batter then this for forther days we need your help thank you again

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

We thankfully arrived here after a terrible scam was uncovered-- in which Blue Sky Travel & Tours was passing off photos of this beautiful place as belonging to a different hotel in town-- Chitwan Safari Camp & Lodge-- and hoping tourists wouldn't notice. After several hours of sorting it out (and a threat to cancel the credit card payment for the package deal we'd purchased through Blue Sky), we were finally brought to the real property. That's right-- this place is so luxe, quaint and charming that another hotel entirely tried to trick customers into believing it was this place!

Mr. Chandra Gautam, the beyond-friendly head-guide here has been doing jungle safaris for 8 years now and is a total professional in resort management as well. Most of all, he was a really upstanding guy-- completely honest and reliable and never tried to sell us anything we didn't want-- very rare in Nepal.

Even when he discovered that the owners of Chitwan Safari Lodge and Camp had been stealing his would-be customers, he was still a perfect gentleman. The rest of the staff were great and responsive to all our needs, and the food varied and tasty.

We learned tons from Chandra and the other smiley guide Bikash. Not only did we see tons of animals -- a rhino, crocodiles, birds, baby elephants, wild boars, deer, peacocks, to name a few! -- we got to enjoy the company of honest, knowledgeable and friendly staff who never seemed to tire of showing off their gorgeous national park to visitors. (As a side note, these guides spoke some of the best English we've heard out of tourism workers throughout this country!).

If you want to come back to a comfortable and spacious garden resort after an animal-packed safari, and not want to have to worry about being scammed OR breaking the bank, then this is the place for you! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: June 2017