Trek-O-Tel
Hotel Barahi(Pokhara)
$60
$50
Priceline
All reviewsfewa lakequiet hotelcomplimentary breakfastlakesiderenovationtrek
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Trek-O-Tel is well positioned right in the middle of the tourist area of Pokhara. The rooms are arranged in small blocks within attractive grounds. They are accessible only by stairs but these are fairly short flights up two storeys at most. The room that we had was very clean, attractive and spacious with a good bathroom and flatscreen TV. One odd thing was that wifi was available for a charge in the room but free in the restaurant - clearly they expected you to spend money in the restaurant but seeing that every bar etc round about was offering free wifi, why would you?

The breakfast was OK without being anything special - no freshly cooked eggs were available - and there could be quite a crush in the morning if a tour group was present. The dinners on offer were quite pricey especially considering that there was so much competition locally, so we didn't even consider eating here and, I'm sure, saved a considerable amount of money by doing so.

The desk staff were quite impersonal, which was quite unusual for Nepal; maybe they suffer from tourist jetlag in the hell-hole of Pokhara. They could have tried the occasional smile, however, or even tried to pretend that they cared, just a little. This was too much though so, hey ho, next time in Pokhara we would surely try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try for a suite at regular room prices - you may be lucky!
1  Thank Alf
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice Cozy Hotel with very Attentive staffs good Dining to Order room service & The out door setting were fantastic to have Nice Meals looking at the Phewalake with the so much going on in the street.... rooms are a bit tired need some upgrading But still good Enough for Pokhara standard compared with the other Hotel I stayed this is Just a Delightful & Charm with a stone house & Great Nepalese Hospitality will no Hesitate to GO BACK

Room Tip: Choose the Lake View room
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We liked the hotel for its location...right in front of the Fewa lake. If you prefer a mountain view, you should take rooms at the back. In general the rooms are spacious, clean. Hot water is OK. The layout of the rooms are also interesting. The small garden in front is nice in the winter sun.

The thing that got me upset is the service. I had asked for airport pick up (reminded over tel.) and had none. The reception guy even did not bother to say Sorry when I arrived on my own. Again, on the day I left I asked for an airport drop which was confirmed twice at the front desk. As I came out to board the taxi, there was none. Since the road in front of the hotel remained closed to cars during the new year, I really had to run with our luggage to get a taxi about 1 km away. Really made me Sad.

Two more cautions - the breakfast is very very ordinary and cold. And if you are looking for a double bed..think twice..you get two single beds brought together...really uncomfortable ..

Bottom line - an overpriced average service hotel with a good location.....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The power went off just after I arrived in my room and stayed off all night and the shower was just a tepid dribble. The Hotel building is attractive but my room looked very 'tired' and had nothing welcoming about it. As I was only staying for one night I did not voice my comments to the staff and perhaps I was just unlucky.

The service in the dining room was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a good choice of food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a good time by staying at this comfortable hotel located right by the lake. Rooms are large, with cotto pavements, the garden and restaurant are a bit small, but there is plenty of good restaurants nearby. Service was good too.