“Like to stay once more”
Review of Trek-O-Tel

Trek-O-Tel
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

It was a perfect trip with my client from Portugal to stay in this hotel. Employees were polite & nice, the atmosphere is good in hotel, it was very clean, the breakfast was fantastic but the worse part was the wifi & air condition that didn't worked in the room, rest was ok

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

After having a wonderful time at other hotels in other areas of Nepal we had the unfortunate experience of staying in this hotel which really let the side down.

On arrival I was very impressed with this hotel and it looked lovely however the staff were not friendly and we were not welcomed in in a warm way. On getting to our room we were desperate for a shower only to discover there was no hot water, this was 5pm. We went and asked at reception and were given a very lack luster response that the man would come and check. That he did, in fact he ran the water for 10 whole minutes only to tell us that it was cold! He then disappeared. On checking the water 20 minutes after he left it was still cold, we went back into reception and asked again and this time had to wait in reception for 15 minutes for the man to come and check the water again. At reception I tried the tap in the toilet which ran stone cold, I pointed this our to the reception manager but was just ignored. Once again the man came to our room with a spanner and a screw driver. Now I am no plumber but even I know that fiddling with a stopcock and tap does not make water run hot and that the source is most likely the tank heating system. The man fiddled a bit then informed us that the water would run hot in 20 minutes. Again we waited, it was cold, again we went back to reception. This time the reception manager had gone for dinner and we were asked to come back in an hour. By this time it was almost 9pm so we gave up and had a cold shower!
In addition to the water issue our phone did not work, we wanted room service as my husband was unwell, so went back to reception to be told they knew the phone was not working. I asked if I could order room service, the man at reception stared at me for a good 30 seconds before picking up his phone, dialling room service and just handing it over, no apology. When room service came it was wrong but by this point we didn't care!
Finally two other issues cropped up that night to add icing on the cake. The air condition did not work which meant we slept in a sauna and on getting into bed we found we had a couple of fleas in the bed covers.
All in all this hotel was a horrible experience it bad staff, poorly managed and very expensive for a whole heap of added extras which don't work!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Curious_traveller005
AceHotelsNepal, Owner at Trek-O-Tel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
Your review of our hotel has brought deep distress to my team and me. I cannot even begin to imagine the inconvenience you had to go through. Firstly please accept my deepest, sincere apologies. I do understand that no amount of apology will change what you experienced; but I do hope the following explanation will provide some solace.

As per my manager, it was indeed unfortunate that the boiling system was completely out of order at that time due to which the management team could not provide the guests with running hot water. It is clearly mentioned in the complain that a plumber was sent to look into the matter several times, which means we did not completely ignore the problem. Our plumber is but human and despite several efforts he was unable to solve the temporary issue. The issue is now completely resolved. There is running hot water in the hotel.

Regarding the air condition, the central air conditioning system could not be operated due to the country-wide load shedding and fuel crisis, which now has been replaced by the split air conditioning system. Thus this problem too has been resolved as well.

I assure you that guest happiness is our priority; but sometimes unfortunate incidents do happen. And while we take complete responsibility of this unforeseen crisis, we hope you find it in you to forgive us. If you ever plan to visit Pokhara, I would like to offer you a complimentary stay to make up for your bad experience. We assure to serve you better.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Pam Sakya
On behalf of the Trek-O-Tel family

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The rooms are fine, the restaurant is nice. however, you look through the windows right into the windows of neighboring hotels and on the tin-roofs of neighboring restaurants. The price ($70 per room per night including taxes) is relatively high for Pokhara, and does not include Wi-Fi in the room (only around the restaurant). No re-fill of minearl water is available, bottles cost about 60 Rs. Greediness inspires the palace, no charm no soul. Poor value for the price. We've stayed there for 2 nights and found a charming room on the lake with Wi-Fi and welcoming owners for $35.

Room Tip: All seem similar
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are extremely sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel value for your money. I understand that every hotel is a personal experience and your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
Rooms are allotted as per availability. The does not categorize any rooms as ‘Good Rooms’ and ‘Bad Rooms’.
I see that you are registered with Tripadvisor from Pokhara itself. So, we humbly request you to give us another chance. Please write to me personally and I would like to offer a complimentary stay to serve you better.
We strive to give our guest better service, personalized attention and we are grateful that your review will help us rectify our shortcomings.

Pam Sakya
On behalf of the Trek-O-Tel family

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a great time here. The rooms are nice (we had seen three before we settled in the one with balcony because we are smoking). Location? Perfect, on the lake side, a fairly quiet street (our window was facing it but we got a nice late sleep, no traffic noise - the famous horn tooting didn't bother us).
The hotel is in the middle of a 'tourist' area, hotels, restaurants, shops all aver. There is a taxi stand just outside of it and for those keen on trying ping-pong, the drivers have a table just next by. One can always go there and ask to join, and they would be happy to welcome you.
Would you want to supplement your hotel breakfast with extra fresh vegetables, nothing easier. The hotel people themselves buy fresh veggies early in the morning from people selling it straight from their gardens.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at Trek-O-Tel from 13th to 16th August,2012 with my wife. I booked them via mail from Bangladesh and got very good deal. I asked for a 1st floor lake view room, and when I reached I found they keep a great lake facing room in the 1st floor. My 3 nights stay at Trek-O-Tel was great. The room and bathroom is very clean, and all the staff were very friendly. They served us very good breakfast every morning. Room was simply but nicely decorated with cable T.V. Found no problem with electricity, they provide 24hrs power back up. This lake side hotel is very close to some good restaurants and shopping places. I should recommend every one to choose this hotel if you have a medium hotel budget and expect great service. Just one problem I must mention they don't have any couple bed in any room they add two single bed and make 1 Bed. It was annoying for me but other facilities would offset this problem.

Room Tip: Try to take room no 207.... Its a room with great view of FEWA Lake.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sadique_1983
Reviewed August 15, 2012

For those about to embark on an intrepid Himalayan adventure, you won't find many places better to stay than the Trek O Tel in Pokhara. For under £45 you can have a comfortable room with a fully functional en suite bathroom. The rooms are clean, simply decorated and even furnished with a T.V and the bathroom has a shower and bath with plenty of hot water and complimentary toiletries.
The hotel is wonderfully situated on the edge of Phewa lake - one of Pokhara's biggest attractions. You can hire a boat less than 100metres away from the hotel and someone will paddle you around the lake and to the other side where you can climb up the steep sides to the World Peace Pagoda where you are rewarded with a great view of the town. The food for breakfast was absolutely fine and consisted of Dahl Baart and bread. For dinner we explored the numerous local restaurants along the lake side, although I'm sure the food in the hotel restaurant would have been tasty.
My only criticism is of the noisy air conditioning unit installed in our room and the somewhat interesting "lakeside view" over the laundry!

My only criticisms would be of the noisy air conditioning unit installed in our room which rattled most of the night. The lake view was

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Worth place beside Lake FEWA, very near to the market, easily acccesible. Cottage style very good, neat and tidy, staff also hsopitable. Initially the air conditioning did not work properlly and we had to shift to a new room. Mobike and bicycle on rent made our family trip most memorable. The food available outside is yummy and reasonable and affordable price. mexcian, Italian, Chinese, American, Thai all that you can think! Worth a place to come again and enjoy evening.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family