“Fabulous Yoga, Fabulous Teacher”
Review of Ask About Yoga - CLOSED

Ask About Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: PREETI GAHLOT: from Rishikesh, India. Professional Level Certification. Professional, friendly, knowledgeable, with individual attention in a unique private lake front studio. Yoga classes for all levels: half day course and private lessons. Yoga Treks: Custom designed one day and overnight treks which allow time for sightseeing, relaxation and yoga at a comfortable pace. Extended Himalayan Retreat available.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I love doing yoga with Pretti! She makes everyone feel so comfortable in the class, the atmosphere is lovely and peaceful.
She is great at giving advice, if you tell her a specific problem you're struggling with she will be able to teach you poses specific to helping with that area which you can continue at home.
In one lesson we do a variation of poses for the arms, legs, stomach etc and breathing exercises too. It's only an hour lesson but I feel she fits a lot in to a small space of time.
She corrects everyones poses and makes sure everyone knows the right way to do the pose without embarrassing them or singling them out.
I was a little nervous at first as I am a beginner and was worried I wouldn't be able to follow but Pretti explained every stage in a way that everyone can understand exactly what to do correctly. Thanks to Pretti I'm now progressing more and more and I can now do poses I found impossible at the beginning.
After only a few days I'm feeling massive benefits from Pretti's yoga.
Thank you Pretti!

2  Thank Rosie P
Preeti_Gahlot, Owner at Ask About Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Namaste Rosie,
I hope you doing your practice and i am sure you enjoying benefits of your practice. Hard Work Always Pays Off.
Hope to see you again :)

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

After a long time without practicing yoga. I've arrived to Pokhara looking for peace, relax and trying to start with yoga again.
I've meet Preeti in her paradise, Pokhara beach club, a wonderful place near to the lake and between trees.
And the next day I started the classes in Jiva cafe with her. As she said it wasn't a practice she gives lessons. And it was the most useful, enjoyable and hard lesson i can remember. Hehe.
She explained everything really clear, she corrected us if we needed and she encourage us to practice byourselfs and telling also things we can do to improve.
Also it is beautiful to see how for her yoga it is so natural and how she has a real knowledge which helps you with every doubt you have or with things you think you can do.
I am still going to her classes and felling in love again with yoga. And regretting not can't to bring her with me when i come back home.
Thank you very much Preeti for all yout help. Keep doing yoga as you know you are so special. :-D

2  Thank nox_l

Thank you so much for kind words, I am glad that you enjoyed your sessions with me.Be in touch.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The class was held in a beautiful location. I loved the Jiva cafe for their food and for their massage services...and was therefore hopeful about their yoga class. The class was 500 rupees and we unfortunately barely did any poses. The entire class was spent listening to the teacher talk. I felt more like I was in a lecture than a yoga class.

4  Thank morgand1122
Preeti_Gahlot, Owner at Ask About Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

If I may be so bold:
if I could I would edit your title and maybe it will make sense to me and hopefully others:

"Not a great 'follow the leader' class"

As explained and appreciated by most of the students that attend my class it is an instructional class not just "keep up with me" type of class.
Everyday I get yoga students of all levels and it is a big part of my duty to engage all level of participants, I believe newer students need the explanations of what and why and the focus on posture and alignment that some more advanced practitioners think they already know and understand but could also, if open, benefit from and take advantage of.
It may seem like you already know this or heard it from your regular instructor but it is a good opportunity to refresh, and have a new perspective, (if open).
We never stop learning with yoga, keep an open mind and keep growing.

Most attendees enjoy and compliment me on my morning drop in class at Jiva, for those who are interested in a more advanced lesson you are welcome to book a private session or private group session at my lakefront studio at the Pokhara Beach Club.

For those who just wish to do their own regular routine I suggest most hotels and guest houses have a room or rooftop area that should be adequate to do your own regular routine. Save the money.

There are also many yoga "classes" that will guide you from one posture to the next in the 'keep up to the leader format' in town.

While this is the most negative review I have received I thank you for it because it offers me the chance to explain: yoga is more than follow and try and keep up with the leader.

Namaste

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Searching for a Yoga teacher that suits you is no easy task. We are all vastly different and we are all looking for different kinds of Yoga and different kinds of teachings. So naturally when we find someone that suits us a there is a great joy.

Preeti was that teacher for me. Being a somewhat beginner to Yoga and not at all flexible or familiar with the poses I found Preeti to guide me in a perfect way. Every day was different with Preeti and every day I learned something new.

Unfortunately in Nepal, in my experience there are a lot of Yoga retreats that do not have
a passion for teaching Yoga and are primarily interested in making money. This was not the case with Preeti. You can tell that she is very passionate about Yoga and that spreads easily to her students as well.

I spent more than a month doing Yoga with Preeti and after some classes a felt a deep peace and almost blissful feeling. If I ever come back to the wonderful town Pokhara I will surely go back to Preeti for her amazing Yoga classes.

2  Thank AntonSpirit

Thanks for the great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed my instruction and pace.
I hope you are keeping up with all those things we talked about.

I really look forward to your return.

Keep stretching,

See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Preeti is a great yoga teacher. Her classes were informative and active. I spent a lot of time looking for a yoga teacher/class that had a more active place then what was being offered in most places in Pokhara. Then I found Preeti and someone also gave me a ref on her. I want to her class and after the first lesson I felt like I had done something other then just lay there. She explained the positions to us and showed us how to do each one, which I found very helpful after years of not doing yoga. She cares about her students and asks if anyone has any health issues. I had knee issues after doing some trekking and Preeti gave me some exercises to do to help strengthen my knees. I would definitely go back to her class again when I go back to Nepal.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank B0caNY

" Her classes were informative and active."
thanks for being a great student and allowing me to help.
Keep working on those knees.

Namaste