By Belsing Thapa Magar
Happiness depends upon ourselves. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. So, the future belongs to us because we believe in the beauty of our dreams, that can make a better world for good people like us.
Most of us have grown up with parents who taught us to be grateful. They told us to be thankful for the food on the table, the roof over our head and for our good health to work for the needy society. We have all been given a wonderful gift in life. Our free will. I see that gift as being synonymous to a steering wheel to take an active role on our journey. One day, I met to a young man who is Mr. Gopal Prasad Bhusal with whom I had been working in an NGO. He was born in a different place, from a different community, at a different time from me. Whatsoever, differences there might be between us but our thoughts for the needy society is almost all the same, so we have strengthened our friendship. Due to my good friendship with Mr. Gopal Prasad Bhusal, I had a good opportunity to write and deliver my long speech in English which was not less than 23 pages, on the auspicious occasion of the inauguration of Golden Gate Hotel on the 13th April, 2012. By the time the Hotel was not yet fully functioning which has been established in an ideal place very near from Phewa Lake in Pokhara. Once you meet Mr. Gopal Prasad Bhusal you never forget him because he is very kind who loves the needy society more than his own body.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men and women to do nothing. Whatever there will be, we all want knowledge to know tomorrow’s weather for planning things to be a success. Mr. Gopal Prasad Bhusal and I sat together with a long discussion how to establish West Nepal Development Trust under his chairmanship in the heart of Butwal to work together as a family with good people from around the world. Butwal has its own identity which is one of the oldest towns known as a historical place, situated in the western part of Nepal, lies at the foothills and the international highway is passing through it. It is a transit point. From here we can go to the east, west, south and north as we like. Once upon a time, Butwal was a seasonal trading centre for both Nepal and India, but now it has also been developed as a wholesale market which could be due to a transportation facility up in the hilly regions. In my salad days, people even from faraway had to come to Butwal twice in a year carrying their domestic products like ghee, ginger, etc on the back in a large bamboo basket to sell them with which they used to buy their essential goods like salt, clothing, etc for their families for the whole year.
In Butwal we enjoy with mixed cultures from the cosmopolitian people because people we can find here from all 75 districts of Nepal. After passing School Leaving Certificate of Examination, students from hilly regions come to Butwal for their further studies. They participate in social activities, organise a picnic in a group and visit the historical places in or near to Butwal. It is because the students want to know the real world and they also want to know what is going on around them.
The historical places and local amenities:
1) The winter palace of Manimukunda Sen, the king of Palpa. It is located
within the same premises of Butwal Phulbari where we can enjoy seeing a small part of zoo and also a picnic spot.
2) The temple of Siddha Baba. People visit it and they worship him like a god.
3) The Jeetgadi Fort. It was a place of defensive position of Nepalese troops during the Anglo- Nepal war from 1814 to 1816 AD.
4) The Butwal Powerhouse. It is near from Butwal Municipality.
5) The Hillpark. It is a place for seeing the views of Butwal, a picnic spot and so on.
6) Devdaha. It is the Birthplace of Mayadevi, the mother of the Lord Gautam
7) The Swimming Pool. The beautiful swimming pool has been constructed in
Manigram on the way from Butwal to Bhairahawa. During the Summer Season, people with their family or friends go there because it is the favourite form of relaxation of people after their hard work. There is also one another swimming pool in Butwal-13, Devinagar.
8) Football stadium in Butwal-13, Devinagar
9) Party Places for entertainments and celebration of wedding ceremony.
10) Facilities: Indian Soldier Board for Ex-Indian Gurkha Soldiers and Welfare
Centre Butwal for Ex-British Gurkha Soldiers which are located next to Butwal Phulbari and Butwal-12, Kalikanagar respectively.
11) Ex-Servicemen’s Welfare Club, Butwal is an ideal place for Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, a Meeting Hall, Picnic Spot and a place for wedding ceremony.
12) Tilaurakot. It is the patrilineal home of the Lord Gautam Buddha.
13) Lumbini. The Lord Gautam Buddha was born there when his mother, Mayadevi was on the way to her parental home, Devdaha.
14) The national airport in Bhairahawa.
15) The international border without walls between Nepal and India which is 26
Km away from Butwal.
16) Triveni. It is the Holy Place.
17) Sattewati. The Holy Place.
18) The historical place of Tansen.
19) It is to be said, a Jaw of Ramapithecus was found in Butwal.
On your arrival, Butwal serves you as a transit camp with both access and ingress facilities for all directions with both national and international highways. With time Butwal has made a rapid progress in the education field, both in technical and health sectors as well. There is no doubt at all that Butwal captures the imagination of the nation because from time to time it becomes the topper, the second topper, the third topper and so on of Nepal in the School Leaving Board Examination Results.
We celebrated the opening ceremony of West Nepal Development Trust on the 27th March, 2013 under the chairmanship of Mr. Gopal Prasad Bhusal, with Chief Guest- Dr. Ram Shankar Thakur, Superintendent of Lumbini Zonal Hospital, Butwal, Special Guests- DSP Raj Kumar Baidawar, Mr. Bryan Connelly, Ms. Anne Connelly, Ms. Christine Russel, Ms. Shirley Westwood, Ms. Vicki Mckendrik, Media Staff- Mr. Mahendra Thapa, Mr. Bishnu Ghimire, Mr. Milan Gaha and many other guests.
On the 28th March, 2013 West Nepal Development Trust organised one day health camp programme in coordination of Siddharthanagar City Hospital, Bhairahawa. At the end of the programme, the Trust donated some hospital bedding goods and so on.
In the age of five months, West Nepal Development Trust has made a good progress. It has donated to:
a) Shree Saraswoti Higher Secondary School, Hanspur-6, Pyuthan with a set of Laptop, Computer set and Books.
b) Lumbini Zonal Hospital with a set of patient bed, a wheelchair and medical equipment.
c) Mahendra Higher Secondsry School, Kaski with NC 9,000/- for its library.
Alone we do so little and together we do a lot. A drop of water can make a pot of water. For them, we need a team from good people from around the world, so we can reduce the poverty from the face of the earth by serving the needy society through West Nepal Development Trust. The distance does not matter…, we can work together from any part of the globe because in 21st century the media has made the world smaller. You may join in our good team because great opportunities to help others seldom come but small ones surround us daily. If you want to know more about West Nepal Development Trust, please contact to Mr. Gopal Prasad Bhusal at mobile number 9856024077 who is Sales and Marketing Director of Golden Gate Hotel, Pokhara, Nepal. Aha! You can’t judge a book by its cover!! If many people are good to ‘Gopal’ of course, he must be a good person!!!
The taste of 5 of 5 is the worth of Golden Gate Hotel which gives you the touch of pleasure. When you will be in Pokhara, please stay in Golden Gate Hotel and enjoy with its five pillars of management skills because genuine confidence comes from within, and so does genuine power.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Golden Gate Hotel Pokhara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.