The Lakeside Retreat
Hotel Barahi(Pokhara)
$60
$50
Priceline
All reviewsclean and modern bathroomevening walkbeautiful hoteltwin bedsswimming poolsmall thingsfewa lakethe main roadfresh fruitthe entire staffclear viewwalking distance to the lakemin walkvisit this placehimalayan rangebreakfast buffetbeautiful garden
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I really enjoyed the stay at Lakeside Retreat. I went there with my family and it was exceptionally family environment. I felt like a home. The food was very good. We all enjoyed the delicious breakfast as well as dinner. I personally recommend to stay at Lakeside Retreat and have wonderful experience of Pokhara!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I'm surprised by the other reviews - we were due to stay 5 nights at the Lakeside retreat, but after an exhausting 8 hour drive from Kathmandu with 7 of us in our group we were informed the day before they had guests overstaying and would find us alternative accommodation for the first night so when we arrived they showed us a substandard hostel that looked like it had seen guests for a long time and told us we can use the retreat's facilities (there's no pool at the retreat or gym so not sure what we could use apart from the spa which was more expensive than in kathmandu). After showing us two substandard hotels, we stayed at Temple tree finally after extensive negotiations.

We moved back to the Lakeside retreat when the overstaying guests finally left into the third floor. It's a small hotel and very noisy although that's more the other guests and surrounding neighbours. The bedroom itself was a good size, but there is no safe. The bathroom is poorly designed with no hairdryer. There is no bathtub or shower unit to speak of so when showering the whole bathroom gets flooded. I found a small lizard in the bathroom and insects. The breakfast selection was limited so overall I was unimpressed by the hotel. There are frequent power cuts but for some reason in this hotel every time the power comes back on the TV switches itself on, which is a nuisance in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnnieP87
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I really like this resort.. Excellent service, nice room, and best environment ,, room are decorated by very nice american materials, 5 star facility inside the room, nice garden, beautiful mountain view from the window . Nice welcoming with welcome drinks. Very tidy and clean restaurant. Everything are really excellent and never forgettable .. Think to be there again..thank you so much .. Lake side retreat ...

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Lakeside Retreat is perfectly located in Lakeside Pokhara with an outstanding hospitality among the staffs. The hotel rooms were fantastic with great facilities. The owner Mr & Ms Prasai was very helpful and kind. It was really an awesome experience in The Lakeside Retreat, Pokhara during my four days trip with my friend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I will like to recommend this hotel to fellow travelers because it is clean, comfort and for the location where you can find all the activities going on. this hotel was recommended by travel agent in Kathmandu its a bit expansive but worth the money. the breakfast they is also good. There is constant power supply.

Room Tip: A good hotel to stay simply because its situated in the center of town and where all the activities is found.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends