“great location”

Ranked #44 of 105 Hotels in Pokhara
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great location”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very handy for all the restaurants and shopping. Used before and after a trek, we experienced the garden lodges and new rooms in a block. Both good , but the garden lodges shaded it. Very friendly service, average breakfasts, but lots of good restaurants close.Prices were good, and would definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: garden lodges are best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank george g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This place was recommended by one of my friend who was in Pokhara on November last year. In fact apart from the rough road to resort. I am fully satisfied. the atmosphere, surrounding, clean rooms, attentive service I got good value for my money. My two night stay was not enough. After few days stay in Kathmandu I feel much more relaxed relaxed here in Pokhara. Thanks to every staff who made my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Quiet location by the lake side, Beautiful garden and very helpful staff. I have booked another trip in Nov in this property. Food fantastic. Very good choice of breakfast. Good value for money. On my previous visit stayed different hotel and paid lot more then what I paid in Base Camp. But the service was very poor. Now on my first choice would be Hotel Base Camp.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed for 2 Nights in Dec 2012 under New Management with group of 12 Pax and I must say service was exceptional. Cleaness, location, quality of food and hospitality was best I have ever had in Pokhara. Location to Lake side was few minutes walk and to best resturants around. I had most comfortable sleeps and secure atmosphere during my stay.

Communial gardens were attractive and espically with majestic view of mountatins around. I was also told Base Camp Resort was under new management and must say I could feel thought has been put for Guest for most comfortable atmosphere,convenience and accomodating to utmost standard to professional Hospitality.
I must say we enjoyed everything in Pokhara like Paragliding, World Peace Pagoda, Resturants and Tailored made sightseeing. All in all a most enjoyable and memorable stay for Dec 2012 .

Room Tip: Wodden Cottages are fantastic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was on trip to ABC I stayed each night after and before trekking. The place is off the main street. quiet beautiful garden, very helpful staff and live cooking egg on breakfast. I wanted to spent one or two night more but I had flight to catch. I will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: A place to be in Pokhara
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Pedro de Alcantara, Spain
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel staff were excellent, the location is good apart from the struggle up the unmade road in the dark. They really should fix it. The gardens are lovely and the view of the mountains is terrific. We only stayed 2 nights and so managed pretty well.

However, it is badly in need of updating. I imagine it was in a class of its own when it was built but the mattress was really hard, almost no give in it all and the area around the plughole in the bath was all peeling away. I think the bath had been painted to try to give it extra life, but really time to spend some money, especially since there are so many new hotels just opened or about to open. Reminded me of old fashioned Butlins chalets.
I suppose I should declare that we are in our 60's and looking for a bit of comfort. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shadowmother
abu dhabi
Reviewed September 3, 2012

we stayed for just 1 night to go to sarangkot...this place is good and their food is very good especially their coffee is the best i would say during my stay in nepal...you can get a great view of the annapurna range right from your hotel balcony...you have free wifi and the staff if you can find them are very helpful he he he...

Room Tip: Take the higher floors and the rooms facing the mountains for a great view of the himalayan range (a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family