Hotel Family Home
Hotel Barahi(Pokhara)
$60
$50
Priceline
All reviewsgreat hotelhot wateran amazing viewthe main streetfew minutes walkrooms are basicthe hotel managertoilet paperlaundry servicecomfortable staybalconywifitreklakenepalparaglidinghospitality
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Excellent rooms with strong WiFi - we got a room with a great view. Internet signal is very strong in the lobby and in rooms.

We got the room 201 and 202, nice view with clear sky and most importantly, internet router in front of our rooms.

Location is a bit far from main street, but walking distance. We do not mind.

Rooms are clean, nice bedsheet, good bathroom.

Great service from all staff.

My friend forgot the camera charger in the room, the manager rode a motorbike to the airport to give it to us! Thanks to him!!! (Lucky that our flight to KTM was delayed.)

Room Tip: 201 and 202, nice view, strong WiFi internet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights, and we really enjoyed the place. The hotel has a private van so we had a free pick up from the airport when we came and they also took us to the bus station when we left.
The rooms are big and clean, they have good AC and TV, and the included continental breakfast (with muesli) was really good. The hotel has a terrace on the fifth floor with nice views on the lake and the mountains (if there are no clouds). Overall, for this relatively low price range you cannot ask for more, definitely one of the best hotels we stayed in Nepal.

Room Tip: If you don't mind to climb, the 502 room (double bed) on the fifth floor has magnificent views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NadavAmd
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Located few minutes walking from the lake side, the hotel remains very quiet at night.
The place is brand new with all facilities and free pick up from the airport.
The internet is really walking which was very important for me as I needed it for my work...
Nice view on the annapurna range when not cloudy.

Very kind staff and reliable

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stay in this hotel 2 night, location is very good, it's near lakeside, cost is 2500-3000 Rupees, which is $25-30. Includes breakfast, there is 2 issue I notice, there is no elevator and electricity get down frequently, overall very nice hotel and staff, will recommend to anyone who like to have good place to stay in reasonable price, will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night, after booking online. Upon arrival, the hotel couldn't give me a double room as I had booked, and instead gave me a twin. Travelling solo, I do not need 2 beds! And having no single rooms available, they were unable to give me what I booked for nor a discount. The room itself was nice, with great view, clean and tidy, TV and air con. Although when the electricity cut out, the generator wasnt turned on till about 20 minutes later- which I find rare in Nepal. There was no hot water in the shower, and without power, I was showering cold in the dark. When I raised this issue the next morning, they claimed I had to use a key fob for back up light, but I wasn't assigned one upon check-in. Disappointing for the price I paid (more cheaper guesthouses available n the same street). Fine stay, but not worth the money I paid when I wanted one night of luxury.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo