“Excellent Hospitality”

Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Pokhara
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was such a pleasant stay in family home. I will come there again and again every time I am in nepal ( Pokhara ), Thankyou for the whole team. Me and My friends enjoyed thoroughly. Our friends are coming there this august and they will be staying in family home.
Cheers...:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank suzan t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
walchwil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have been staying in 2013 for some weeks at the family hotel. The family is helpful in any matter. What ever you need, they will manage - unless its unavailable.
The hotel is a great base for trekking and sightseeing or just having a good time and hang around in Pokhara. Value for money.
Rooms are clean and with all amnities you expect.
Thanks again for the wonderful stay. Namaste.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lokankara
Patna, Bihar, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a fantastic view of the mountains from our room and balcony in Hotel Family Home. The staff were very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to oblige us. The breakfasts each morning was well prepared and served by friendly staff. The room was a little bit small but was O.K. for the 4 nights which we spent there.
The restaurants and shops were in walking distance. We thoroughly enjoyed Pokhara with the beautiful lake and God's beautiful creation. The Lakeside café were so peaceful and serene. We enjoyed many delicious meals while we watched their cultural dances.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ANNETTE1950
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I wrote a review of Hotel Family Home, Kathmandu (title "superb service"), in which I mentioned its sister hotel in Pokhara, but thought that it would be helpful to mention the Pokhara hotel specifically.
Again, I and my two friends experienced excellent service and hospitality from the staff there, including transfers to and from the airport. Moreover, the booked its own van to take us to the trail head of our trek (which was the same price but convenient and much more comfortable than the cabs).
The hotel itself is about nine months old, so it's in great shape with extraordinary views. It's also only about a three minute walk to the main street of Pokhara.
In short a great hotel, and it was very convenient to book with both the HFH

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank C E
Ajay G, Manager at Hotel Family Home, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
thank you so much that you liked our hotel and everything here. our business is to make you satisfied , we are heartly pleased that you are. thank you so much for sweet review
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a very nice stay at this hotel in Pokhara, even though the weather did not cooperate! Was great value for the money, and good location as well. Service was really good as well - they were consistently asking for ways that they could help out.

In one instance, I had a problem with my return air ticket to Kathmandu. They called the airline and were able to straighten everything out for me - I really appreciated this.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good, affordable place to stay in Pokhara.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Salsero123
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed Family Home Twice in this Last April, 2013. When I stay there, I feel Family atmosphere as Home.. so, its my another Home, when IM away from home..., So, If anyone interested to Visit Pokhara, I strongly Recommend to be there once n have a look ! Cheers !!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Northern- Western have excellent Mountains views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Gautam00777
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is my second time to visit this hotel. I have to say I really like Pokhara and people there very much.

I stayed here before and after my trek in Pokhara for almost three weeks in total. Due to it is my second time, I directly write to their manager to arrange my trip (and also discount!). They almost settle down everything for me before I arrive there. E-ticket from Kathmandu to Pokhara, free pick-up, welcome drink, my bright and clean room as before in the first day, which I think this is pretty important for me as solo traveler that time. Don't need to worry too much arranging these details and safely I arrived there without troubles.

Then during my stay, I feel comfortable and easy to interact with all the lovely staff there. They are all smiling face. Especially Kumar is smart and helpful for any questions. I tried different programs there (trekking, rafting, Bandipur tour, fooling around by scooter, boating, massage, shopping in local market). With their travel manager's assistance, all I need to do is ask front desk. They will get everything ready for u.

One thing I'd like to highlight out of the hotel is the experienced trekking guide the hotel arranged for me (Mr. Ram). Me and my friends (four people) are all very happy with his service. While on the mountain, he takes care of all carefully. He also prepares fresh fruit every evening after our dinner. Teach us singing Nepali songs and dancing. Make the trek more fun and entertaining.

Just as other reviews mentioned, I mark five starts for its good service, friendly staff, clean room and breakfast. I recommended many friends to go there. Also highly recommended to all traveler in TripAdvisor!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends