“FANTASTIC VIEW OF THE MOUNTAINS FROM OUR ROOM”
Review of Hotel Family Home

Hotel Family Home
Ranked #31 of 105 Hotels in Pokhara
Patna, Bihar, India
“FANTASTIC VIEW OF THE MOUNTAINS FROM OUR ROOM”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a fantastic view of the mountains from our room and balcony in Hotel Family Home. The staff were very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to oblige us. The breakfasts each morning was well prepared and served by friendly staff. The room was a little bit small but was O.K. for the 4 nights which we spent there.
The restaurants and shops were in walking distance. We thoroughly enjoyed Pokhara with the beautiful lake and God's beautiful creation. The Lakeside café were so peaceful and serene. We enjoyed many delicious meals while we watched their cultural dances.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ANNETTE1950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I wrote a review of Hotel Family Home, Kathmandu (title "superb service"), in which I mentioned its sister hotel in Pokhara, but thought that it would be helpful to mention the Pokhara hotel specifically.
Again, I and my two friends experienced excellent service and hospitality from the staff there, including transfers to and from the airport. Moreover, the booked its own van to take us to the trail head of our trek (which was the same price but convenient and much more comfortable than the cabs).
The hotel itself is about nine months old, so it's in great shape with extraordinary views. It's also only about a three minute walk to the main street of Pokhara.
In short a great hotel, and it was very convenient to book with both the HFH

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank C E
Ajay G, Manager at Hotel Family Home, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
thank you so much that you liked our hotel and everything here. our business is to make you satisfied , we are heartly pleased that you are. thank you so much for sweet review
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a very nice stay at this hotel in Pokhara, even though the weather did not cooperate! Was great value for the money, and good location as well. Service was really good as well - they were consistently asking for ways that they could help out.

In one instance, I had a problem with my return air ticket to Kathmandu. They called the airline and were able to straighten everything out for me - I really appreciated this.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good, affordable place to stay in Pokhara.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Salsero123
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed Family Home Twice in this Last April, 2013. When I stay there, I feel Family atmosphere as Home.. so, its my another Home, when IM away from home..., So, If anyone interested to Visit Pokhara, I strongly Recommend to be there once n have a look ! Cheers !!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Northern- Western have excellent Mountains views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Gautam00777
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is my second time to visit this hotel. I have to say I really like Pokhara and people there very much.

I stayed here before and after my trek in Pokhara for almost three weeks in total. Due to it is my second time, I directly write to their manager to arrange my trip (and also discount!). They almost settle down everything for me before I arrive there. E-ticket from Kathmandu to Pokhara, free pick-up, welcome drink, my bright and clean room as before in the first day, which I think this is pretty important for me as solo traveler that time. Don't need to worry too much arranging these details and safely I arrived there without troubles.

Then during my stay, I feel comfortable and easy to interact with all the lovely staff there. They are all smiling face. Especially Kumar is smart and helpful for any questions. I tried different programs there (trekking, rafting, Bandipur tour, fooling around by scooter, boating, massage, shopping in local market). With their travel manager's assistance, all I need to do is ask front desk. They will get everything ready for u.

One thing I'd like to highlight out of the hotel is the experienced trekking guide the hotel arranged for me (Mr. Ram). Me and my friends (four people) are all very happy with his service. While on the mountain, he takes care of all carefully. He also prepares fresh fruit every evening after our dinner. Teach us singing Nepali songs and dancing. Make the trek more fun and entertaining.

Just as other reviews mentioned, I mark five starts for its good service, friendly staff, clean room and breakfast. I recommended many friends to go there. Also highly recommended to all traveler in TripAdvisor!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank JudyChiu
West Harptree, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

In between rafting and various trekking trips we stayed here almost 3 weeks.

The staff are excellent even going so far as to install an extra router when the wifi was not good in my room.

We had room 502 which is right at the top. We had morning tea brought to our room and we could lie in bed and just gaze at the amazing view of Annapurna et al......fabulous. We also had a view of the lake and Peace Stupa.

However, many of the rooms do not have views and although they are well equipped with excellent mattresses I would say that they are not great value, just good. Many face the fairly busy road that connects Lakeside with ‘real’ Pokhara. There are many other hotels with good rooms without views at much less money that are quiet.

I marked down the sleep quality for a number of reasons:

1. As previously mentioned, the road is a cut through from Lakeside to town. It has bends which means the road users sound their horns in an effort to secure immortality as they take the bend on the wrong side of the road.
2. At the back of the hotel live Mr & Mrs Slob and family. They think nothing of shouting and banging at 3.30am and Mr Slob takes great delight in coughing and hacking his lungs up each morning around 5-30am.
3. Mr & Mrs Slob have a daughter who runs a tiny eatery from their property. She likes to play her music at 6.30-7am whilst she sets up for the day. Most of Pokhara can hear her music which is fine if you like Celine Dion’s ‘My Heart will Go On’. OH thinks that this is a crime against all humanity.
4. Just across the road to the north east is a large family home. The owners are quite happy to let their pet rat, sorry dog, out at 5.00am each morning to relieve it’s self. Once it’s comfortable it then spends the rest of the pre-dawn hours merrily yapping away to the entire world.
5. Finally, we have fellow guests to contend with. This is a concrete building with a central staircase which echoes to even a pin dropping. People regularly get up before dawn to take a taxi to Sarangkot to watch the sun rise. They think everybody is getting up....inconsiderate or what? Then. Of course, there’s the weekenders from Kathmandu who occupy the whole floor and spend 2 days and nights shouting to each other from room to room whilst playing the TV at full strength. What made it all the more galling was that the hotel manager was art of the party. I did suggest some 'Please be Quiet' signs on the stairs but they never appeared.

Why did I stay so long? My fault, call it inertia, maybe it was the excellent staff where the answer was yes before I even asked the question or it may have been the copious breakfast of almost anything you wanted. If you have a big appetite then it’s the breakfast for you.

Would I stay there again? No!

Room Tip: Room 502 if you can manage the stairs
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Itcanbedone
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Namaste!!
This is my first time to travel Pokhara. I stayed at Hotel Family Home 9-12 April.
It's a nice place to stay. It has free wifi, nice service, good breakfast, masala tea, ...
The room was very clean, bright, plenty of HOT WATER. Great views of the mountains over Pokhara from the room balcony.
The service is excellent, all the hotel staff were very helpful, friendly and always willing to help you with anything. They helped me to find very good trekking guide, porter and rafting guide. Very good deal for Paragliding package too.
Highly recommend this hotel to all travelers! If I go to Pokhara again, I think I'll stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends