“Brilliant”
Review of ZipFlyer Nepal

ZipFlyer Nepal
Ranked #22 of 64 things to do in Pokhara
More attraction details
Owner description: ZipFlyer Nepal is the world's most extreme Zipline. With a vertical drop of 600 meters over a distance of 1800 meters, it is the longest, steepest, tallest and fastest zipline in the world. The Zipline is located atop Sarangkot, about 10 km from the beautiful town of Pokhara.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

A great thrill for the adrenalin junkies out there. It's cheaper on Thursdays and Fridays at 4000NPR compared to the normal price of 5800NPR.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Emsgems27

• Thai first
Ludhiana, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Undoubtedly the highlight of my stay in Pokhara, ZipFlyer Nepal gave me the much-needed adrenaline rush which I was seeking. Para sailing in Pokhara is probably the most popular adventure activity out there, but at around 8000 NPR, I found the cost a little steep. So I decided to go for the next best thing instead, at half the price. To avail their discounted price, you must do it on a weekday, because the weekend price is a tad higher and not quite vfm.
Yes, you would want the ride to last a little longer than the stipulated time but the stupendous views, the incredible speed and the pure exhilaration you experience while riding the tallest and steepest zipline in the world pretty much make up for the short duration.
There is one thing which I find imperative to mention- please don't bother to look at the camera while riding despite the instructions, instead savour the views around you; the best memories are always in your mind, and not in a 90 seconds video.
Also, I must mention that the staff at their office are all very professional, especially Deep who's an extremely friendly guy and explained to me about the whole exercise in detail; he even out of his way and recommended me some nice places to visit around lakeside.
Overall, it was an epic experience and I'm glad I did it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mapfarer
423 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 521 helpful votes
“great experience-- from start to finish”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Helpful and well organized in the main office. Great drive to the site---- amazing views. Beautiful location--- front on view of the mountains! Site seems new and well maintained---which is key for safety! Helpful briefing before we started the zipline. LOVED the ride---about 2 min. Highest/longest in the world--- and great fun. The base station is nice to hang out, while waiting for others to land---- and beautiful flowers/views. Really quite and relaxing to hear the river, birds, and nature (instead of normal city sounds). From start in office, drive up, actual zipline ride, waiting for others, and drive back to office at lakeside--- just over 2 hours. Thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommended!

Visited March 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not as adrenaline releasing as I expected.”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Full points for the setup, breathtaking view, professional staff, pick-up and drop service. However, I wish it was faster!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank salman18q
Vancouver, BC
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Not epic, just pleasant”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Imagine how stoked we were to arrive in Pokhara and learn it was home to the world's longest, steepest, fastest zip-line! It cost $50USD per rider and includes pick-up and drop-off at the ZipFlyer office on Lakeview Road. You're told to leave all belongings at the hotel but the staff were very accommodating when we mentioned we'd each have a DSLR coming along for the ride, and they helped us strap them to our chests securely before strapping us into our zip seats. The most intense part of the ride is right before take-off.. after that it's a pleasant cruise for about a minute and a half, high above some Nepalese farm lands. There's a small restaurant at the bottom and a shop where you can purchase photos, videos, and other souvenirs. Not as exhilarating as we expected, and if we were to do it again, we'd wait for a gusty day and hold down the acceleration rope the entire time.

Visited November 2013