The Fulbari Resort & Spa
$27
$323
$313
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshuge lobbyfront office managersnow capped peaksexcellent gardenmind blowingpeaceful areaamazing propertymini barour honeymoonpokhara cityfantastic locationtea coffeepanoramic viewa wonderful staynepalmrserenity
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Our medical charity mission group thought we would recuperate our tired bodies at Fulbari. But with no a/c in the rooms (excuse from the hotel was that it was being repaired) we nearly died of heat strokes. So make sure that during the off-season you ask for the rooms with independently controllable a/c rooms. Because during the off-season, central a/c is turned off. Also have your travel agency quote you a competitive rates, regular rooms were lowere than $60 per night, when travelling in a group! Fitness center is located in the spa building, but the spa had no a/c and was pretty dirty and smelly. There is an outdoor pool, but during the rainy off-season you can't use it cause it's dirty. Although the surroundings are truly beautiful, it is very far from everywhere.

Fish-Tail Lodge restaurant should be avoided cause they over marinate their beef, pork, chicken and prawns with salt. 10 out of 20 of us paid for dishes that were not edible. So before you order your food in Nepal, check whether the dish would not be salty. Due to poor refridgeration and only small number of guests (off-season), they tend to use too much salt.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank jihyun
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Fukbari Resort is hotel and spa a little outside Pokhara, Nepal. If weather is good, you can see Himalaya from your balcony. Pokhara is a small town, from where many trekkers start their way to Annapurna range. But if you are lazy, Fulbari is a great possibility to relax. Not for backpackers anyway.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank HelsinkiFinnish
Reviewed June 4, 2009

The property is very very good.They have beautiful lawns and an amazing infinity pool which si not good if it is raining by the way.The view is mind blowing.It is the best place to go to if you wanty to just relax and want peace.
Otherwise it does not deserve a 5 star as the services provided are not as a 5 star.It can be called a 4 star.The staff is very very friendly and sweet.
We went in the off season so all the restaurants except for 1 were closed.But the chef prepared whatever we asked him to very good food.
Overall nice place to go in a group or if you like trekking,paragliding and all activities.The spa is also not professional or 5 star.The casino in the hotel is not professional at all.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vishkru
Reviewed May 13, 2009

If you want a relaxing and calm holiday , then Fulbari is a good choice. The resort is beautiful with a huge area .
But I must warn you that this is totally out of location. It is just like you are going to a village and there is no way comeback when you want.

absolute remote area where you will not get a taxi . They have no night life and if you want to come to the main pokhra night life area , you have to pay a lot for hiring a car.

The resort provides the free shuttle service but it is twice a day and it is really tough to find where the shuttle service is .

the health center is nice and clean but over priced . SPA is also the same , it is huge overpriced compare to other spa service of pokhra.

Swimming pool is beautiful but not wel maintained.
I did not try golf so do not want to comment.

I have found my room clean ,there was some problem in the toilet but they fixed it quickly.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DhakaPagla
Reviewed April 25, 2009

This place is nowhere near 5 star quality. I was looking forward to my room as I opened the door only to find a dirty shabby room. This was also the same with my friends who each felt the same. The bathroom was small, dirty, in fact the floor towel was full of dirt. To make it worse the cover on the bed was also dirty. It was very disappointing. If you are travelling here to relax and enjoy a bit of comfort in your room then this place is one to avoid. For me I was on a business trip and therefore was not bothered on complaining. If however I was with my wife or family I'd have been demanding a move to a better room or leave if that was not sorted.
The surroundings are pretty impressive. The gorge is beautiful to look at but that's it really. Unfortunately there was too much cloud to see the Himalayes. Do not go near the golf course. They describe it as an 'executive' course. I would hate to see what the 'non-executive' course is. It was a disgrace. No difference between the fairways & rough and the greens were like bunkers! For such a place with beautiful surroundings and scenery they have missed out on an opportunity to really make it 5 star. The pool was also so dirty none of us would dare neter it. We were all disappointed as it viewed the hills in the distance.
I also have to add the manager has a personality of a brick! At one stage I approached him to point out that there was a leak from the cieling over some steps. I suggested that someome may have a bad fall if it wasnt look at. He looked at me as if I had 10 heads and walked away. The next morning the water was still dripping down onto the steps. This was a potential disaster for someone.
Overall I have to say that Fulbari does not deserve 5 stars. Its nothing more than 3 stars. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone. Sorry!

3  Thank paulursulaadammark