“Fantastic”
Review of Hotel Third Pole

Hotel Third Pole
Ranked #37 of 275 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The hostel was basic, but had all we needed for a good night's rest and a place to stay before our trip to Annapurna. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and organized. We liked very much the place and the employees are very nice and dedicated. It was a pleasure to stay there!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank roit s
There are newer reviews for Hotel Third Pole

Reviewed February 21, 2012

The hotel i stayed in pokhara is "Hotel Third pole" is newly opened hotel has wide enough rooms with welfurnished, television,good system of hot shower,friendly staffs and briliant manager called "Bhim Poudel" is very helpfull to organize the tour that i wanted in reasonable price. The best thing of hotel is view of Fewa lake which is very famous lake where i went for boating and another view of mountain called annapurana range and the top of Fishtail" it is called Machhapuchhre" in nepali from the room and tarrace of the building, i enjoyed very much my stay in this hotel and i hardly recomend to any travellers to stay in,

Room Tip: room on higher are perfect and please try to stay the room to the north side which u can see mountai...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank k_bhatta2000
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed for one night. Located on the northest strip of lakeside. Rooms small. No hot water running 24h ! Do not pay more then 18$ per room!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank pazitush
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The Blue Heaven was okay for a night. Room service was good and the view of the lake was fine. It just lacked any personality or style. Toilet seat was old and needed replacing. One of those you don't want to put your bottom on.Also, no real mountain view from this property, even when it's not monsoon. It's quieter and better at the Fisthtail Lodge end of the lakeside strip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank nepalwatcher
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel when we first arrived in Pokhara becasue it was one of the few we found that had heating, and it was pretty cold at night. We were paying $20 a night for a double room, which is actually pretty expensive for Pokhara, when you can get a perfectly good room (but without heating) for about $7.

Due to the power cuts in Nepal - not the hotel's fault I know - the heating wasn't available most of the time, so eventually we moved to the much cheaper and nicer Hotel Crown a few doors down the road.

Nothing really wrong with the Blue Heaven, except for the intermittent hot water supply, but you can do just as well in Pokhara for a lot less money.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank aviatrix_aus
Reviewed May 19, 2007

I frequently go to Pokhara and everytime I have been there- I stayed at the Blue heaven. The hotel is more like a motel but the rooms were clean and staff very accomodating. The last time i was there- there was some political disturbance in the area and the hotel doors were closed after 10 pm. But i contacted the front desk and they had someone waiting up so I could return at my own convience after much partying. I felt sorry for the person sleeping in the lobby but I guess- that has made me a regualr customer. the roof is excellent for a view of the lake and I had a grand time sunbathing there. When i go back- i shall definitely book a room here. ITs not expesnive and its worth every penny!!!

• Stayed: July 2003, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Mukhiyaistravelling
Reviewed April 23, 2007

When preparing for our trek around the Annapurna Himalayas, my wife and I found ourselves set up at the Blue Heaven hotel by our trekking guide. We paid only 10 USD per night (April 2007 -- quoted rates might be higher. For example booking through our tour guide we save over 60 USD from published rates at our Kathmandu hotel. Our tour guide worked for Puma Treks. They are based in Pokhara and I would recommend them). Excluding the hostels and guesthouses on the trek, this was the most inexpensive hotel I have ever stayed at. And compared to the Spartan guesthouses on the mountain trails, the hotel was somewhat comfortable. It had cable TV and a room fan. It did not have heat or air conditioning so at night it was a little chilly but if you are trekking in October or April you should be prepared for no heat. The room also came with an attached bathroom. It was with the bathroom we had our biggest disappointments. The hotel advertises 24-hour hot/cold showers, but we had luke warm water for the shower. We reported the problem to the front desk and they did send someone up immediately, but the water never reached anything near hot. Also our toilet seat was not attached to the toilet. Weird. The other negative was that all of the rooms needed better lighting (although a 20 watt bulb seems to be the standard in Nepal).

In retrospect, for this hotel in any place in the developed world, I would have given it a 1 rating but being in Nepal and seeing some of the other accommodations, I gave it a 2 rating -- OK. I asked my wife if she would spend another 20 USD for a little more quality if we returned to Nepal and the regularly frugal women replied, “Yes.” Something to consider.

3  Thank wmyers1978