“Amazing stay, outstanding staff!”
Review of Hotel Global Inn

Hotel Global Inn
Ranked #15 of 271 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Amazing stay, outstanding staff!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Global Inn for a few days before and after trekking in the Annapurna sanctuary. This bed and breakfast is an inexpensive and great option in Pokhara. It has hot water (a luxury in Nepal) and very clean rooms. Also, there's wifi available, even when the electricity is out (also a plus since power shortages are part of daily life during the dry season). The most fantastic feature of Global Inn is its staff. Shekhar, the owner, is an impressive hotel manager. Whatever you need, Shekhar will arrange it quickly, economically and cheerfully. That goes for everything from dining and shopping to exchange rates and travel deals. I've travelled extensively, and I have rarely encountered a hotel manager this on top of the business. More importantly, he, his family and the rest of the staff are extremely kind and make you feel at home.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mvidart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel have a great consistent hot water either early morning at 6am or at night.

The bathroom is clean and have a good view of snow mountain and balcony.

It is just a 5 minutes walk to Pokhara lake, money changer, restaurant, etc.

If ever need a travel advise to any Nepal tourist destination, Shekar can be the best guy to advise u in the best cost. Most important is safety.

Would stay again on my next visit

• Stayed January 2013
Belgium
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We remembered Shekhar Pageni as the excellent manager of Giri Guesthouse, already back in 2008. Since then, he decided to build his own hotel. It was completed in september 2011.

Hotel Global Inn has 3 floors with approximately 16 rooms. They are quiet, clean and well maintained, Some of them are fitted with TV and/or a balcony. Thick boxspring matrasses guarantee a good night's sleep. The attached bathrooms are spotless, with a hot shower in the true sense. To top it off, Shekhar is a very kind and professional host with loads of experience.

Lakeside-Pokhara has numerous hotels and guesthouses, but it will be very hard to find one with equal value for money. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the front side of the hotel (rooms 201, 202, 301 or 302) for maximum tranquili...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I learned of Hotel Global Inn while on a white water rafting trip which came highly recommended by fellow travelers. I learned this is the second location of HGI, owned and operated by fantastic hosts, Shenkar and Goma, who have loyal patrons of 20+ years. That says a lot. This location was built a year ago, so it is fresh, clean, modern and in a great location in lakeside. This was my third trip through Pokhara, and was pleasantly surprised to find this gem (Literally steps away from another hotel I stayed at which was 5x the price).

I made arrangements to arrive in the middle of the night, arriving on the night bus from Lumbini. Shenkar was there to greet me at his gate. Upon waking a few hours later, I discovered I left a bag on the bus. I rushed to advise Shenkar. I’m sure he was saying “no chance, in heck, lady” under his breath, yet, with calm and patience, he accompanied me down to the public bus station to begin the reconnaissance. As luck would have it, the bus owner was on the bus the previous night, remembered me and phoned the driver who was already enroute back to Lumbini. They located my bag, put it on a returning bus and a few hours later, I had it back. I would not be sharing this unless I had the utmost respect for Shenkar taking time out of his day to assist, interpret and make all these arrangements on my behalf. I am forever thankful as the bag contained my broken camera with a memory card of the first half of my trip!

Once back at the hotel, I got to appreciate the large room I was in, the modern bathroom, hot showers and free wifi. It had a choice of a small front private balcony, or a small settee on the side entrance to the room. I chose to sit here while enjoying breakfast and the beautiful, unobstructed views of Annapurna and their organic garden. It was also a great opportunity to meet other guests. The location is close walking distance to central lakeside, yet far enough away from the noise of the main street. Other travelers that I met chose to change hotels and stay here. Always important to pay it forward! I split my time staying at Hotel Global Inn and a home stay in a rural village - so was thankful they were able to store my main luggage.

Shenkar was great at recommending and arranging a variety of activities: Sunrise at Sarangkot and Peace Pagoda, paragliding, return flight to Katmandu, etc. I also really appreciated the drivers he arranged.....nice, kind gentlemen. Not wanting to waste my time shopping, I asked for recommendations of where to buy certain items and his suggestions were great! and in some cases, he negotiated for me! Especially memorable was sari shopping with Goma and him. This man has incredible and impeccable patience!!! I am also thankful to Goma for teaching me how how to wear my sari!

I truly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Global Inn and would stay here again in a heartbeat. The level of customer service and attentiveness was outstanding. I considered it my home away from home, and by the time I left, felt like part of the family. Namaste, til we meet again!

Room Tip: Request a room with a front balcony. Higher floors have an enhanced view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I fell during my trek and required stitches when we returned to Pohkara. Shekhar, the owner, jumped into the cab with us, stayed at the hospital and even made sure the fees were correct. Even without such an emergency, you can count on amazing hospitality, his wonderful wife Goma and his family will make your stay everything you were hoping for. A word of advice...if you are trying to figure out where to go trekking, hiring a guide etc...don't even think about it. Contact Shekhar and he will set up everything in the best way possible and at a completely fair price. Pokhara is a really fun place so you will want to have an extra day or two to enjoy. Happy Trails!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed there for almost two weeks and at the end felt like at home in an apartment.
- Nice and modern rooms
- comfortable and clean bed
- quite fast Wifi 24/7

PS: First we were in another place which we did not like that much and therefore we "shopped" around for a new Guesthouse and ended up in the Global Inn.

Room Tip: the rooms in the upper floors resp. facing to the south have more sun
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Exmouth, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Hotel global inn makes your stay in pokhara very easy. There are a variety of room prices, all of which are very reasonable. They are clean and comfy and some have views. There is also wifi there that you can get from a few different areas. It is very close to the main centre but it doesnt feel noisy or anything, its in a nice quiet spot. Shekhar picked us up from the bus and was very helpful with any questions we had about pokhara, and organises anything you want. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012