“Small is beautiful”
Review of Laughing Buddha Restaurant - CLOSED

Laughing Buddha Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Nepali, International, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“Small is beautiful”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place has been around for a while. I was ate here in 2006, 2008 and now. It hasn't changed, the prices are still the same and the interior is still as old as it was years back. What hasn't changed is the excellent food, good service and local atmosphere. This is my favorite go-to place for food in Pokhara.

• Visited October 2013

• Hebrew first
Pokhara, Nepal
“Family owned, good food!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Small and simple place, family owned and good food for good prices. The daughter is a funny, lovely girl, always smiling and suggesting good options on the menu.
I had a veggie burger and it was one of the best in Pokhara, for a reasonable price, with chips and fresh salad.
If you sit close to the entrance probably street kids will ask you for money or food.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank gabriel g
“The Laughing Buddha puts a big smile in your face!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just loved going there - not only because of this amaaaazing brown bread!! Food and service are excellent! Highly recommended! Hope I can come back someday! :)

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Dora-Explorer-Lee
“worth an everyday visit for over a month”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

nice people, awesome food and small Budget. Made this our daily Meeting point in pokhara. Best in Lakeside!

2 Thank iMoe
Pokhara, null, Nepal
“Soggy Sandwich, No napkins. Fail!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to Laughing Buddha because I had read good reviews on it. I had a Chicken Sandwich and a Ginger tea (that's pretty much what i have wherever i go). Sadly, I came out of the restaurant still a bit hungry and worse, with greasy hands.

The Chicken sandwich had very few bits and pieces of what looked and tasted like roasted chicken. I was scared that it might have been leftovers of some other dish. The bread was not toasted which is fine with me but the bottom slice was very soggy. I HATED it. So ended up eating the top bread and the vegetable underneath. The chips were good. The biggest irk was the absence of napkins. There was only one that came with the cutlery. When I asked for some napkins, I got A napkin. After i finished my slice of bread and tea, I washed my hands at the sink.When i left the place, I wasn't happy. Sure the cost of it all was just Rs150 but it was money wasted nonetheless.

• Visited February 2013