“Good steak”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Great steak in big open space. Best steak value in pokhara. Get the one with spiced butter. Manager guy is really friendly also.

1 Thank Travellltiiime

London, United Kingdom
“Worth a try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went and had the steak burger which was good, but not particularly great. The chips, salad, bun and cheese were good - but the burger itself had been deep fried rather than grilled so it was a bit greasy and tasteless. Still filling and immensely good value, just not as good as I'd hoped.

That said, the steaks I saw on other tables looked fantastic - will be heading back to try one of those too before we leave.

1 Thank GrumpyTravelerMan
london
“A real shame they deep fried the burger...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This place is nicer and has a better setting than the Everest Steak house. I can't compare steak meals as I only had a burger here. It looked amazing but I was really surprised and disappointed that they had deep fried the burger rather than grilling it? Very odd - especially as they seemed to have gone to the trouble of making the burger fresh? Aside from that - they served a really nice salad, lovely role and decent chips - they are just massively letting themselves down by frying the burger!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Worst diner in Pokhara ever .......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We are frequent visitors of Pokhara and we know the most restaurants in town. Most times if we eat steak in Pokhara we visit the “everest steakhouse”. But this time we wanna try something new. So we went to “Pokhara stakhouse”. What a mistake …… Why do you visit a steakhouse ….. right … to eat steak. So we ask how big the steak are for the 600-650 npr on the menu. The answer was 300 gr. (In everest steakhouse you get 400 gr good quality steak for 795 npr incl tax). We order 3 different types of steak. Because it is served on a sizzler plate we ask the French fries separate. When they served the steak it was the worst plates I ever have seen. Veg just a few pieces, French fries 10 pc. Almost no sauce. The steaks we’ve got where not 300 grams at all. 2 of them where about 200 gr and my wife just got 100 to 150 gram. We ask for the owner and he told us many times that it was 300 grams. So in the end I made him a deal. I ask him to weight the steaks. If they where 300 gr I would pay double if the where not I pay nothing. He just stare to me took 1 plate (the one from my wife) and took it to the kitchen. When it came back there was at least 300 gr on the plate. I told him this is just a tourist scam. But he did not talk to me anymore. The steak it self was just ok. When I ask the bill I noticed that he put 10 % service charge on the bill. Nothing about that in the menu or anywhere else. So again I went to the owner and I told him that I would not pay service charge because it was not mentioned in the menu but also because there was no service at all. Or you must call scamming a service . In the end after a few minutes he took the amount of the service charge of the bill.
So this diner was our worst xp in Pokhara. Next time we get back to the ‘everst steakhouse’. There they also try to give you 300 gr instead of 400 gr so mention that before you order. All the other things on the plate are much beter, incl the steak itself.

• Visited April 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“It's steak ... but a little bit chewy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

It's steak - which is a huge bonus in Nepal!

It's definitely enjoyable having some red meat, especially after several days of vegetarian thali, but it's not the best steak we've had in Nepal or Pokhara. Everest Steak House, just up the road from Hallan Chowk (about 50m off Lakeside), serves bigger steaks.

In Nepal it's hit or miss if you get a good cut of meat, so either here or at Everest Steak House you can't guarantee a good steak, but Everest wins on size! At both places a steak is about 650 rupees or about US$7, so you're not going to go too wrong.

• Visited March 2013