“Now Called "Aurora Borealis"”

My Favourite Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #176 of 307 Restaurants in Pokhara
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: You sent a notice today that you could not post a review of this restaurant because you don't have enough information. What more do you need to know? I eat in this restaurant every day
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This place was pretty great. We loved the seating - inside and outside and right on the lake, so you get an unobstructed view of the water. The breeze is nice, the beer is cold and the food is good for a decent price. However, after reading reviews on tripadvisor, we were looking all over for a place called, "My Favourite Restaurant & Bar" and we just couldn't seem to find it. That is because they have renamed this restaurant as "Aurora Borealis". Still great though.

There are newer reviews for My Favourite Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Truly Great view, good food and the nicest host you could wish for. A very relaxed place with one of the friendliest people I have ever met, Dinesh, who is always smiling and willing to help in any way that he can. It was just being refurbished as we left in June but it looks like it will only get better with the work that is being done and it will be our first port of call on our return to Pokhara.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My favourite indeed. best view on the lake, quiet place, no hassle.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

The location is the best part - a peaceful and pleasant location looking out over the lake. A great spot to watch paragliders descending. Sadly the food, while reasonably priced, is subpar. I ordered a Nepali Thali set - the poorest example of which I've had in Nepal. The chicken curry was bland and overcooked. Even the greens were tasteless. On top of it all the service was glacially slow. It took about an hour for the food to arrive lukewarm in a nearly empty restaurant. A disappointment.

1  Thank Nathan S
Reviewed December 24, 2011

we went on honeymoon with our two children then aged 5 and 7 years, amazing hospitality shown to us, great atmosphere and child friendly, spent many a night unwinding here with some lovely smiley faces. the chap who runs the place also arranged for us to have our vows blessed at a local temple off his own back, couldn't recomend any more, well worth a visit!! fantastic safe food too!! will make a return visit as soon as money allows.

2  Thank susila g