“paradise by the lake”

Description: Restaurant by the Lake
Kathmandu, Nepal
“paradise by the lake”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The first moment I entered THE SAMAY, it felt like this is what the people define as paradise. It exactly was a paradise for me because the lake nearby and hills a bit far made it a wonderland to fall in love and the beautiful restaurant with great service, food and tents made me marry them. I felt like my thirst of peace and serenity has been quenched by THE SAMAY.

• Visited April 2014
SAMAYPokhara, Owner at Samay Restaurant, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. we hope that you will visit again.

SAMAY team

Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful hideaway”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

A little bit far away from our hotel, but it was worth the ride there. Nice place by the lake. Very peaceful. Encountered hailstorm while we were eating, it was fun listening to the pitter-patter of the ice on the tents. Food is quite good. Definitely a place for a relaxing meal and reading/walking by the lake.

Visited March 2014
SAMAYPokhara, Owner at Samay Restaurant, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of Samay. I am glad that you liked your experience at Samay even when there was a hailstorm! we hope that you enjoyed your meal and that we will get to see you again.
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Serene magical place”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Samay is so located that you are near the hub of Pokhara City, Lakeside, yet not so much that the city noise and chaos disturbs you. Situated at the rear end of Few Lake, where Harpan Khola starts expanding to form the awesome Lake, this restaurant is a peaceful, serene cove of delight serving delicious fresh food. The ambiance, the people and the food is so great I feel like I go go there for "spiritual healing" . Samay also offers boating, fishing, and swings for those interested to do a little fun stuff. I stayed in Pokhara for a year, and Samay was my favorite getaway. I say that you haven't experience all the aspect of Pokhara until you've visited this place. It will delight you so much.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank HeemaRai
SAMAYPokhara, Owner at Samay Restaurant, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
thank you for your response. we do agree with your description of it and hope to remain the same for many more who will be visiting us.
“Once upon a afternoon at Pokara”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It was a great pleasure to be there. A wonderful time and a sunny afternoon with our Family. A well running Service and a beautiful view over the lake.

• Visited February 2013
SAMAYPokhara, Owner at Samay Restaurant, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
We are glad to know that you and your family had pleasant time @SAMAY. Thank you for your time for this review. We appreciate this very much.
New Delhi, India
“Pokhara the way it should be”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Super place, my favourite in Pokahara (and I've been quite a few times). Quiet, beautiful, great service and menu. No better place in a 100-mile radius to enjoy a beer. Their milk tea was a treat too, and so was food. Better than anything on the main lakeside drag, and well worth the effort to get there.

• Visited October 2013
SAMAYPokhara, Owner at Samay Restaurant, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank uou for letting us know about what you like here at SAMAY. Hope to see you again.