“The staf at the blue planet lodge made us feel so incredibly welcome and @ home!”
Review of Blue Planet Lodge

Blue Planet Lodge
Ranked #62 of 271 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent last christmas at the blue planet lodge and we had a really amazing time. The rooms are cosy (with Himalaya view), service is great and the staf are so nice and friendly!
Everyone made us feel really at home!
I would definately like to go back there one day!

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

Well.. what can I say?!

When I came at the Blue Planet lodge for the first time It was 'accidently', actually because of an accident.

I could stay in a room and Sabine and Ram took very well care of me. It was the most comfortable place I stayed! From the first second I felt like home.

If I think now about this people "my heart get filled with warmth". There is something very special about Nepal and for sure about this place.

These people would make your stay in Pokhara something more, they will surch a place in your hearts and then stay in there.

They have such a lot going on (their project: quality of life in Nepal),for more information: look on their website!

Love this people, love this place, no words to discribe..
they became like Nepali Friends.

Namaskaar, namaskaar,namaskaar!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you are on a path, like many who are visiting Nepal. You will find delicious, nutritious breadcrumbs at the blue planet lodge that will guide you further on your yummy path to the soul. The intention that was set and thus created here is pure.

Namaste!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Blue Planet Lodge for three months, while volunteering for the NGO Quality of Life Nepal. The lodge offers western quality comfort standards in a peaceful, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere. If you are into Yoga or meditation, there is a wonderful room where you can feel the harmony of the Himalaya. The staff takes care of you and can organize all type of trekkings or excursions (no need to book it from home at a travel agency as it will cost you much more!!). The lodge is perfectly located in Pokhara Lakeside, only few steps away from bars, restaurants, ATM, and everything you need for a smooth staying.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I spend 2-3 months per year in Pokhara and have tried many guest houses and hotels. I have even reviewed two here previously. However, during my last visit, I stayed a month at Blue Planet Lodge. While it is a bit higher in price than I normally pay, as I am a perpetual traveler and must watch every penny, most tourists would find he prices eminently affordable.

For me, it was well worth the few extra dollars because of the amenities provided. The beds are REAL beds with high quality mattresses, rather than the hard-as-a-rock mattresses usually found in Nepal. The bedding linens are also high quality, including upper and lower sheets and a thick, fluffy quilt for cooler nights. The rooms have upscale furnishings that include large wooden wardrobes, writing desk and sofa, while the bathrooms are modern and have 24-hour guaranteed hot water.

The hotel also has a state-of-the-art solar system that provides power whenever the power is out, which can be as much as 16 hours per day during periods of load shedding (this means no noisy generator to listen to, or no battery backup that runs out of juice in a couple of hours). The wifi connection is the best I have ever found in town and it works round-the-clock. And a delicious European style breakfast is included in the price.

Perhaps best of all, the hotel is owned by a Sabine (Belgian) who speaks Belgian, French, English, and Nepali fluently, and her Nepali husband, Ram, who speaks English and Nepali. Because of their knowledge of the area, they are an immense help in planning itineraries or arranging activities and go out of their way to welcome and make their guests comfortable, including big hugs whenever needed!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are a good choice, though guests do tend to congregate at tables on the front patio...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Kathmandu
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I work in Kathmandu and it's an amazing busy city. When I want to relax and refresh my mind then there is no doubt to stay in Blue Planet Lodge in Pokhara. The place is great, the rooms are beautiful, comfortable beds and fantastic bathrooms (wish I had one like that in my own home). Having breakfast on the nice terrace... waaw... Everybody is very friendly, whatever you ask, nothing is a problem.
Sabine and Ram are doing a great job!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building, they are great!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here before and after a trekking with my family. The place is walking distance from the lake and there are plenty of shops and restaurants around. Though the street itself is very quit.

The rooms are like new with comfortable beds. We certainly appriciated the showers and a private bathroom after we returned from our trekking. For my family of 5 we used two side by side rooms.

This was our second stay in Pokhara and I can recommend this place to stay

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family