“Wonderful stay in Pokhara”
Review of Hotel Middle Path

Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Pokhara
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful stay in Pokhara”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect when my travel agent told me that this was my assigned hotel, but to my greatest surprise this turned out to be an extremely pleasant stay. From the moment that I walked in with my bags, I was greeted with the most hospitable service and was offered water and a speedy check in. Because I had heavy luggage and there are no elevators, one of the staff members helped carry my bags all the way to the top floor, where the view is just absolutely breathtaking. The manager of the hotel is extremely friendly and really goes above and beyond to make sure that all of his guests are satisfied with their stay. I had arrived to my room after a chaotic stay from Kathmandu, so the cleanliness and peacefulness of the stay really made it feel as though it was paradise. Overall, couldn't have asked for a better stay.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Kandersteg, Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We were supposed to stay in the hotel opposite as a friend had recommended it. They didn't have any rooms so we asked at the 'Hotel Middle Path'. Our room was great, the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in during my many stays in Nepal! Hot water in the bath room, free (and pretty fast) WiFi throughout the hotel. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was pretty good too. The hotel is few minutes walk from the main street in a quiet side road. I will definately be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Just back from Nepal, still in warm memory of Hotel Middle Path. Besides the beautiful view from the hotel room window, the laugh and care from the lobby impressed me till now.

In the whole jouney of nepal, in this hotel i got the sense of nepaleon courtesy from the staff smile and sincere service. Also in this hotel i got knowledge of nepaleon culture through themanager’s interesting conversation. Mr. Ramesh traveled many countries and worked in japan for more than 10 years, can tell you a true nepal in international view.

Very satisfied with the room, hot water , food , cleanness and location, will recommend to my friends and come again next time!

Room Tip: rooms on the fourth floor and top floor
Shanghai, China
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I lived in middle path in Dec. and I found hotel is so warm and full of friendly atmosphere. Every night going back hotel is like going back home. The manager and staff r waiting for me and care me almost all the time, such sense made me feel like a queen!
I enjoyed their breakfast buffet very much , in the whole journey, this is the most plentiful breakfast I can find. Hotel room is big , hot water is big ,and window view is big too. Hahhaha!

Of course the location is great, so nearby to my favorite shops and restaurant , and easy for wandering the lake, but meanwhile it is very quiet when u stay in the hotel .

Surely I will live in this hotel again next time I come to Pokhara!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ramesh_Karki, Owner at Hotel Middle Path, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Anny Zhong

Thank you very much for your excellent review. Thank you very much for liking us, Please come again and hope to see you again.

With best wishes for a Happy Christmas and New Year to you,
Ramesh karki
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel was booked as part of a tour to Annapurna Base camp.

This hotel is a basic hotel of which meets the basic requirements for myself, i.e. cleanliness and well located. We were welcomed with a complimentary drink. Showers are in an open room with the toilet and it seems like all rooms have 2 small double beds. The breakfast was basic but ok, nothing bad or spectacular.

For me, I marked down the rating because of issues with my laundry. Paying an overpriced amount per item we would expect them to deliver on same day delivery, as promised and paid for. However, this was not done and it was instead promised in the morning (when we depart), which is fine, but the morning came and they pushed the delivery time until after our departure, which we said was not acceptable. Then the game of just wait 15/10/5 minutes more started at which point our tour guide intervened. We then got our clothes (with missing items), which was clearly tumbled dried, so they have no excuse on the late delivery, and more attitude from the reception lady... I'm sure you get the picture. Do yourself a favor and pay NPR50 per kilo a couple of doors down and save yourself the hassle. (rant over)

All in all it wasn't too bad. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I'd shop around first. Without the laundry incident, I would have been more inclined to say yes but also to shop around first.

1 Thank ausglobetrotter
Dear Ausglobetrotter
Namaste

Thank you very much for giving time to write review. And thank you very much for liking other parts or hotel than laundry problem. As per the Laundry we do not have in Hotel, we give out side to clean as a service. As you know Nepal is country shortages of Electric Power that is why they use Sun light to dry Laundry clothes. But for the cases we have Electric Dryer Machine in Hotel and use this to dry in cases of like your.
Guest always right and I really care the comfort of guest, as I saw your review I called staffs and inquired, and came to know laundry company brought half dried and they kept in dry machine in hotel that is why they asked you more 10/15 minutes.
As per the price you are right if you go to the laundry company direct that will be the cheaper and if you clean yourself for free, but same for the dry thing.
I really appreciate your suggestions if any please email me in greenpokhara@yahoo.com

With best wishes for a Happy Christmas and New Year to you
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We choose this hotel through looking at reviews here on Tripadvisor. We stayed for 2 nights before and 2 nights after trekking the Anapurna Circuit in December 2013. The staff is so friendly and welcoming, they will help you in any way they can.
Our main luggage was stored with them until our return.
If you ask, they will recommend local restaurants. They will organise taxis/buses etc.
Walking distance from everthing (lake, shops, restaurants, bars)
As far as value for money is concerned - you can't go wrong with Hotel Middlepath.

Room Tip: Remember, there is no lift as there are quite a few power outages, so if you don't like stairs...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
greenpokhara, Owner at Hotel Middle Path, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear veronica B
Namaste

Thank you very much for your excellent review. Yes as you said Hotel is 200 meter walking distance from Center Point of lakeside, which is near to main shopping market and restaurants. Our all staff are always ready to help guest. Please next time come for more longer trekking in Nepal and hope to see you again

Very best wishes for Christmas and the New Year from all the team,
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our group of 12 stayed at Hotel Middle Path for ten days and nine nights. The hotel is a block away from the main street, in the heart of "Lakeside, Pokhara". This location means it is close to great restaurants (we ate out every night and had some really good meals) and tourist shopping but far enough to be quiet. The hotel offered clean rooms, hot showers, comfortable beds, laundry service and an amazing hot breakfast. We also ate dinner there one night and the food was tasty and abundant. The staff are personable, friendly, kind and attentive. The hotel lobby and stairs (no elevator, but it is only 5 stories high) were always clean. Be sure to go up to the roof to watch the sunrise and see and hear the city awaken. If you take the time to get to know the owner, Ramesh, and his staff, you will learn lots about Nepal, Pohkara, the people and culture. He will also be sure to look out for you. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family,

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the first floor at the back of the hotel,if walking stairs is a problem. If you stay...
1 Thank M M
Dear MM
Namaste

Thank you very much for your Excellent review. It was nice meeting you and all of the group who were all nice and kind heart people. And I would like to thank you very much for helping Poor people who needed help. I really appreciate for what you done and hope to see you again.

Very best wishes for Christmas and the New Year from all the team,