“My First - and probably last - Post. Pushpa Was That Good!”
Review of Pushpa Guest House

Pushpa Guest House
Ranked #5 of 288 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Traveled to Pokhara with 2 fellow trekkers in March 2013 and could not have been more satisfied with our experience at Pushpa. Raj and his family are simply incredible. Planning to trek with out a guide or porters, we arrived in Pokhara a little hesitant of our impending trek. Raj, a former Annapurna guide, patiently counseled us on the trail and gave excellent advice on the route and the best tea houses to rest at night. Raj even offered to store a few of our belongings that we would not need for the trek. It was great to be able to shed a couple of pounds off our packs and had no problem collecting them when we returned. Overall, a wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone traveling to Pokhara.

1  Thank Patrick L

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a perfect guest house to stay in when you visit Pokhara. Wether you are about to start a trek, just finished one, or are just hanging out in Pokhara, Pushpa is a great place to stay.

Located right off the main drag, Pushpa is close to everything but away from the noise.

The staff is beyond friendly and helpful, and easily made our stay ten times better. Than can arrange guides, tours, etc., or if you are traveling independently, they have tons of advice to offer for free.

Wifi, clean rooms, great food, affordable price... What more are you looking for?

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Raj and his beautiful family were welcoming and warm, and went out of their way to make sure that our stay in Pokhara was comfortable and pleasant. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the showers were always hot! Raj arranged all of our activities for for fair prices and was especially knowledgable when it came to trekking, as he was a porter for many years. Mornings in the flower-filled courtyard with coffee, the Kathmandu Post, and Anita's delicious breakfasts were especially memorable. Great location right in the middle of town.

2  Thank TeliaK
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My experience at Pushpa was unparalleled by any guesthouse I can remember staying at in the past few years. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by Raj, the owner and his family. The property itself is perfectly located along the popular stretch, but is slightly removed from the main drag, which is nice at night because you don't have to worry about nightlife noises from the local backpackers scene. However, at the same time, you are a mere 5 minute walk from Lake Fewa. There is a gorgeous garden that we looked out at from our room, and a rooftop area perfect for enjoying a cup of mahsala tea, or just looking out at Lake Fewa and up at the morning paragliders. The accommodations itself were beyond what I was expecting for the very reasonable price we were paying. I was especially impressed by the bathroom which was impeccably clean. I could continue to rave about the property but the real selling point is truly the family touch that Raj adds. Like most travelers in Pokhara, we were interested in various "activities" such as canoeing, treking, and paragliding. Raj was incredibly helpful in all of these areas, going above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the price, etc. Pushpa also serves food/drinks and has a killer pot of coffee. I also had the "simple breakfast" one morning and found it to be delicious as well. There is really no question in my mind that for a traveler looking for a budget accommodation in Pokhara they should look no further than Pushpa guesthouse. It was a true highlight of my time in Nepal and has raised the bar for other establishments in the area.

2  Thank serendipity789
Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you're after a budget guest house in central Pokhara with a real family feel then go to Pushpa Guest House. Raj always went out of his way to help me whether it was with information on a day trip, trekking,booking flights or just to practice my Nepalese. The rooms were clean, the showers good and it's surprisingly quite for being so central. After several visits to Pokhara it is good to find a place that I can go back to each time and be greeted with a smile.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gavin M
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This budget guesthouse is run by a lovely family who are always keen to help. Raj organised my paragliding at a cheaper rate than the company advertised. They taught me some Nepalese words and customs. Anita is a great cook- definitely worth having dinner in the guesthouse one night (and she lets you help prepare the food if you want to learn Nepalese cooking).
I stayed in the cheapest room, so (like most other budget rooms in Nepal), the bed was hard, but the room was clean and the shower was hot 24hrs a day (a luxury during the load shedding power cuts in Nepal.) if you climb to the roof top you can see the mountains on a clear day :)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kat_Aust
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed for a total of four nights in Pushpa Guest House. It's a nice guesthouse located on a quiet side-street off the main street in central Lakeside - close enough to all the restaurants and other amenities yet it still feels far away from the hustle and bustle of the main street. The place has a nice green garden and a rooftop where you can enjoy breakfast. Two big pluses from my side were the excellent hot showers (the best showers I had in Nepal were found here) and the good Wifi that was found at this place.

Like most places in Nepal the owner can organize various activities but without putting any pressure on you. My recommendation for anyone coming to Pokhara is to go paragliding - it was definitely one of the most memorable activities I've done so far in my life seeing the Himalayas hundreds of meters above the ground!

The biggest plus however was the owner and his family who were constantly smiling and willing to help out with any requests that I had. And I I'm eternally grateful to them for managing to get back my wallet which I forgot in a taxi on my way to the beginning of the Poon Hill trek - thank you once again so much for that!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo