“It could have been better”

Pokhara Village Resort
Ranked #67 of 91 Specialty Lodging in Pokhara
Ankara
“It could have been better”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Although the location of the Hotel is quite good, it is a pity that it does not meet basic requirements. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful, however this, unfortunately, does not compensate noisy nights (it was really noisy both at night and early in the morning! People shouting or sound like fighting I don't know) and unclean sheets and blankets.. We stayed at 5 different hotels in Nepal and this was the only place where we had to use our own sheets we had brought from our country! Air condition was functioning, bathroom was in quite good condition but the hotel was not very clean at all (rooms and the restaurant). Besides, I have no idea why it was so noisy at night. Even if I told the receptionist, she seemed to have no idea about the origin of the noise; but it was quite clear that people were literally fighting (doors being slammed!?). In a lovely place like Pokhara, I'm sorry but this hotel is a shame.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Zehra-Turkey
Narendra S, Director of Sales at Pokhara Village Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2017
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Pokhara Village Resort. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

I was really disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the oucome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it will all sincerity. I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review, especially so much noise in our hotel and the poor service you received while your stay. This is level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned department.

Again, please accept my apology and I hope you will receive the better service in near future stay wih us.

Kind Regards,
Madhav Adhikari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Pokhara is a very nice place.Upon arrival we loved the place. The place was pleasant with a slightly hotter sun and a cool breeze frm the fewa taal. the moment we went into the rooms the true colours of the hotel were shown to us. the room door was just a wooden plank. the bathroom was stinking terribly. The AC was not working properly. there was no fan too which made us sweat during our sleep. all that could be tolerated but the water for bathing... OMG it was too cold. seed as if the water tank(from which water comes) was kept in a refrigerator all night. The restaurant also had no variety in their cuisine. I'd say Pokhara is good but Pokhara village resort is the worst hotel I've ever seen...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Pashupati J
Narendra S, Director of Sales at Pokhara Village Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2017
Dear Guest

Namaste & Warm Greeting from Pokhara Village Resort!!

I was really disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the oucome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it will all sincerity. I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review, especially the no hot hotel,in our hotel and the poor service you received while your stay. This is level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned department.

Kind Regards,
Madhav Adhikari

Travelers are raving about these Pokhara hotels