“Well-located hotel with a good view of mountains and exellent-hospitality”
Review of Pokhara Grande

Pokhara Grande
Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for the first time for 4 days from 07 Aug to 10 Aug, 2013.
The hotel is very excellent not only for the exellent rooms of many good equipments and facilities, but also very good working staff, all of whom are very cheerful and kind with good hospitality, which is a vital condition as an exellent 5 star-hotel all over the world.
I could really enjoy the safe, quiet and comfortable environment in Pokhara !
Even if a hotel has a very good equipments and facilities, the quality of the working staff is much more important than anything else. In this regard, the hotel is very excellent, as well!!
The location is also very important, too.
The hotel is very convenient and has a very good location, only 5 minutes' drive to the airport and close to the main road to the aiport and to the center of the Lake Side (Baidam).
The hotel has a good swimming pool, well -kept with a small gym and a spa.
What's more, your yards are well-kept, with many beautiful flowers such sub-tropical flowers as hibiscus !
While swimming in the moring, I noticed your local staff are working so hard to keep the yard ,flowers and trees in a very good condition under the strong heat of sunshin!
Thanks to your staff's kindness , good hospitality and dilligence (working so hard), I could really enjoy my 4 days' stay, with my room upgraded to a suite room with beatiful flowers in particilar.
I stayed alone this time, but next time in a few years, I strongly wish to come back to stay at your hotel with my wife, who busily works in Tokyo.
I'm really looking forward to coming to Pokhara and meeting your excellent working staff again so soon !
A Japanese tourist, a teacher of English till this spring

Room Tip: In Pokhara, I recommend even a bag-packer to stay at a 4 or 5-star hotel, which is much cheaper than...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank SHIGERU T
Samjhana G, Guest Relations Manager at Pokhara Grande, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Shigeru,
Greetings from Pokhara Grande!
Thank you very much for being so generous enough to put in a whole lot of good words for our hotel. It was heartening to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that your visit to Zurich and meeting your friends after decades went as planned.
We look forward to welcoming you again, with your wife (as you promised) and give us the pleasure to serve you again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I loved my stay at Pokhara Grande! The staff were so friendly! The service at the front desk was especially excellent!!! Easily the best hotel in Pokhara. Can't wait to visit again. The view was astounding. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Pokhara.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Niamh S
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Incredible...........i love to visit nepal again ..."Pokhara Grande" the best hotel in Pokhara.View of the Annapurna Range from windows -----------just speechless. Large swimming pool, bar, shops and gym are the attraction point of this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank eliza a
Reviewed July 22, 2013

During my last business trip to Pokhara I stayed at Pokhara Grande which was recommeneded to me by my collegue. And my experience about the stay was Home Away from Home and far better than any of my stay in other hotels. The view of the Annapurna range from my room was already a winner and to top up with the awesome customer service in every department from front office and house keeping was just too good to be true. Now i cannot wait for my next visit to pokhara and a chance to stay at this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank machherman
Samjhana G, Guest Relations Manager at Pokhara Grande, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to post your valuable comments which we greatly appreciate.It is always a pleasure to have satisfied guest stay with us and we are delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience.
We thank you once again for having chosen the Pokhara Grande and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Warm Regards,
Samjhana Gurung

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After suffering the damp rooms Fish Tail Lodge had to offer - we hired a cab and just drove around to what were listed as the best hotels in Pokhara. This was the one we decided upon, although I did pay a premium $200US per night to hire the only suite which had a view of the Annapurna Range from its windows - this was an excellent large room with separate bed and living areas. The hotel included breakfast which was sufficient and clean enough not to make me ill. The hotel has a Spa - the staff need more training and the price is excessive for the service - there is also a large swimming pool, bar, shops and gym you can use. We found the hotel manager's attitude to service was excellent and he is a jewel in the hotel - nothing was too much trouble. The firm organizing our trips in this hotel were reasonable and honest. You must try the Paragliding, and a relaxing countryside trek, but best of all was the Nepalese/Russian family who operate microlight flights up to the Annapurna Range early each morning - better than out of Africa views (but make sure you are well wrapped up as its very cold up there at 1,600ft. - This company made our trip - we enjoyed every moment and they take a video and stills of your entire flight using wing camera's - and give you a flight certificate - wonderful!
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel - but recommend you avoid the Casino - it was run by a different company - and its staff appear intimidating - so we looked around the Casino quickly and walked out again.

Room Tip: I recommend you stay in the only suite room with a view of the Annapurna Range - fantastic!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Clive A
Samjhana G, Guest Relations Manager at Pokhara Grande, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Mr Clive,
It is always a pleasure to have satisfied guest stay with us and we are delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience in Pokhara.
We would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that the hotel has 6 Suites and 3 are with the view of Annapurna Range.
We shall definitely pass on your views on the Spa and the Casino to the respective authorities and also ensure that they start making improvements.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

its been more then a 5 years i am travelling to nepal. This is the first time i stayed ar Pokhara Grande and i found the hotel is very good. They offered me a mountain facing room. Sice it was cloudy days but some how i managed to see the mountain range. It was just outrageous. staffs are very nice. They are very creative and smart. they helped me a lot to do extra activities. This hotel is just superb to stay.

Room Tip: Definitely Mountain facing room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank jtntri1
Samjhana G, Guest Relations Manager at Pokhara Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
They say a first impression can sometimes be a lasting impression. We are so happy that we made a great impression on your first visit!. We hope its many more to come.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

First impression of the hotel as you come in the front building is grandeur! Hence, the name hotel grande fits perfectly. Lobby is huge. Landscape is maintained beautifully and has a pool. Didn't try the pool because it was the rainy season during my stay in Pokhara. If you are a bit of a fitness freak like me..the gym needs an upgrade with the equipment. Definitely need newer and safer barbels and benches. If you just want to maintain your tone then it will do just fine. Breakfast is my favorite meal because they have a wide variety from American to the local breakfast being serve here. Lunch time is a little challenging to some especially if you are a meat lover. Meat is available upon request if you don't see it on the buffet spread. If you are a vegetarian, you are in heaven. Room is also big and clean. It has the touch of both modern and rustic features. As a matter of fact , the entirety of the hotel has both modern and simple design and I think that what makes the hotel so appealing and warm.
Towards the end of the day, I still have to say that the whole staff makes the difference..,friendly and helpful not because it's their job but inherently genuine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Valentin B
Samjhana G, Guest Relations Manager at Pokhara Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Pokhara Grande would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful review on us. We value your feedback and will take seriously to provide the better services in near future.

Hoping to serve you again.

Yours Sincerely