“Friendly staff, good rooms, good value!”
Review of Hotel Travel-Inn

Hotel Travel-Inn
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Pokhara
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“Friendly staff, good rooms, good value!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We (my boyfriend, our friend and me) decided on visiting Pokhara a wee bit last minute, so we had not arranged a hotel yet. The taxi driver recommended Travel-Inn and we didn't need to look further - we got a nice arrangement (lower price for deluxe rooms 'cause they were the only ones free, breakfast included) and the rooms were indeed very nice!

The staff was very friendly and helpful on all accounts - always ready for a chat or to give some advice on nice trips in the region. We went on a day's trip with one of their guides, Chet, who was also very friendly and knowledgeable about the region.

All in all, we would surely recommend Travel-Inn if you need a nice, quiet hotel near the Lakeside shops and restaurants in Pokhara.

Room Tip: If you're not a fan of stairs, the upper rooms might not be a good idea for you, as there is no...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jenny L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My friend and I (two girls) stayed here for three nights on our way to a trek in the Annapurnas, as well as after, and had a very pleasant say. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms clean and bright, and the roofdeck has a view. The hotel had all the required amenities like breakfast, swings in the front yard, a new car that picks you up at the airport, and even a hairdryer! The location was ideal, just a block or so off the main drag of Lakeside. I highly recommend and will be back again if I return to Nepal!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ksenya G
Berkeley, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was in need of a clean and quiet place after very intense travel/volunteer experiences in India and Nepal. This hotel delivered! Plus staff were very friendly and helpful. I was met at the airport by a friendly driver. The hotel is centrally located but off the beaten track enough to make it quieter. My room was almost all red! I thought that was kind of funny, but it was clean so I didn't really care about the color. Breakfast (included) was good. I tried the "porridge" the second day which turned out to be a thin kind of oatmeal. With a little bit of honey it was quite tasty. They also gave me eggs, toast and potatoes (nicely prepared!), along with tea, so it was a big breakfast. Additionally, the hotel arranged for a tour guide, Jeeban, whom I found to be friendly and helpful. I was traveling by myself so wanted to make sure I stayed on the right trail to the World Peace Pagoda. I recommend Jeeban as well! (The hotel will quote you a price for the guide but you can negotiate a little. Then you can give the guide a tip if you like his/her services.) Overall I thought the hotel and all it offered was a great value for the price!

Room Tip: I know they have lots of rooms that are not red-themed, so if you're not big on the color red, y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EcuaAmericana
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We selected Hotel Travel Inn when we stayed in Pokhara. I sent mail to hotel ask questions, & every mail I got response for each mail, so finally I selected it as first choice. When we arrived Pokhara via Green Line bus, the staffs who pickup us already waited there. The location is in the central area of lake side, only a short walk to see the lake or take a boat. The room is clean & very comfortable. The boss & his staffs are very kind to their guests, & they are always willing to provide help to their guests. The breakfast is very delicious. Next hotel, there is a bike rent shop, where you can rent a bike for old Pokhara. The boss is a very nice man, who arrived hotel early in the morning, & said hello to every guest he met, also he gave me many useful suggestions. I'd say Hotel Travel Inn is a safe, comfortable, & friendly inn for all tourists. If you are looking for a budget hotel, it is your right choice. I will introduce this hotel to our friends who are willing go to Pokhare.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DLM5601
Malaysia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Boss is very gentleman and helpful

He offer cheap price for transport, paragliding and etc (After I check around)

Location is good, can rent bicycle and motorbike just next to hotel

Very friendly staff, room is very clean, great value of money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kenggee
Huissen, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a long stay in this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful and is an added value to this low priced and clean hotel. Rooms are fine although the beds could be slightly better. Breakfast is included and is good too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert G
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is a very clean and nice hotel. Hotel surroundings are very nice. Our room was at first floor. Mountains and lake is clearly visible from window. The best part it is away from noise and close to nature. My 9 days trip became fabulous because of good services provided by staff. They help us in shopping and choosing places to visit. They are eager to help everyone. They make fantastic arrangement for paragliding, horse riding, zip flight, trekking and mountain flight. In comparison with other hotel they make these arrangement at very low cost. They have a very nice variety of food i.e. Indian, Continental and Nepali. I would love to go there again by nxt year. I personally recommand Hotel Travel Inn to everyone.
in this hotel Mr. Ishwar Prasad Bhandari works as a Assistant Manager. He is sincere and willing to help. I wish him all the very best for his career.
I am uploading sum pictures which are taken by us from roof and room window.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are best. From these rooms outside view is good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family