“Poon Hill Trekking”

Big Sky Treks and Expeditions
Ranked #10 of 143 Outdoor Activities in Pokhara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Big Sky Treks is managed by Locals Professional trekking Guides in Nepal with over 20 years . Big Sky Treks has the best team members with good quality services and itineraries, including various hiking and trekking trails, outdoor and adventure itineraries, cultural and theme tours, home stay experience and so on. We also provide customized itineraries with detailed information which can meet your needs. More importantly, we believe that the sustainability of Big Sky Treks depends on creating lifelong travel memories for each and every travelers in Nepal. Come and join us! Bring your backpack with you and let us show you around Nepal. We promise that you will start your journey in Nepal as a customer of us but last as a friend. This is what we have been doing all along. Explore Nepal Himalayas! Touch Your Big Sky!
Reviewed May 8, 2017

After the unfortunate cancellation of the flight to Lukla, Bhakti helped us to arrange the Poon Hill Trekking in a short period of time efficiently. I am truly thankful for his hard work. The trip to Nepal had been amazing. The scenic points were great and beautiful. I am looking forward to my next trip to Nepal with Big Sky Treks.

1  Thank Phoebe F
Big Sky Treks A, Owner at Big Sky Treks and Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Dear Phoebe ,
Namaste and Greeting from Big Sky Treks
Thank you so much for choosing trekking with Us . It was so nice to meet all of you and trek to Ghorepani , Poonhill . I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the trek with our company and satisfy from our services .
Thanks once again for your great review on our TripAdvisor social site . we hope you will give us chance to trek again with you in future.

All reviews
"lifetime experience"
"tea house"
"annapurna base camp"

Reviewed May 8, 2017

Poon hill trek with Bhakti. Trek was in 2011. That was an amazing experience to know Bhakti. He is a professional guide, very nice and pleasant person. He cares about any minor detail to make your trekking experience a life time memory.

2  Thank Demitry A

Dear Demitry
Namaste and Greeting from Big Sky Treks and Expeditions
Thank you so much for your nice Review on social site :)
Still I remember the time we spend together and hoping to meet you soon for Next trip

Warm Regards
Bhakti Devkoota

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

We joined a Poon hill four days trek with Bhakti. He is an experienced and professional guide, all the food, transportation and accommodation were well arranged. Especially he can arrange the car back to the town in Nepal new year eve and have a lot of nice place for taking photo

2  Thank yuen wai C
Big Sky Treks A, Owner at Big Sky Treks and Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear Guest ,
Namaste and Greeting from Big Sky Treks

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I first trekked with Bhakti in Nepal in December 2002. Since 2002 I have been back to Nepal no less than 17 times and I have trekked with Bhakti on 15 of those occasions in the Annapurna and Everest regions. We have done ABC several times, the Annapurna Circuit Trek several times over Thorung La and Everest Base Camp Trek climbing to the view point on Kala Pattar.

Bhakti is superb. It is such a relief to be able to rely on him to make all of the trek arrangements including permits, flight and hotel bookings etc. His english and organisational skills are exceptional.

I have no hesitation in recommending Bhakti for all trekking and travel plans in Nepal. He is very considerate, attentive to detail and 100% trustworthy. We trek together as friends and it is always a wonderful experience. I specialise in bird watching in Nepal and Bhakti's knowledge of the birds and animals is extensive and very helpful.

If anyone reading this would like more information regarding Bhakti I would be happy to provide it. I can be contacted by email on martinjnaylor2003@yahoo.co.uk

5  Thank martinnaylor2017

Dear Martin
Namaste and Greeting from ( Bhakti ) Big Sky Treks
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the trek with me and satisfied from my services .
It is my duty to handle all kind of services once any traveler make booking through my company.
I have a lot of unforgettable memories while trekking with you . You are not only a guest , you are my best friends .
Thanks once again for your great review on our TripAdvisor social site and recommendation many friends to trek with me . As you know me and my company can offer any trekking all over Nepal
Hope to see you soon for Next trekking trips.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 1, 2017

My husband and I did two trekking trips with Bhakti. The first one was in Oct 2013, during my 7-week pregnancy. We planned to do Poon Hill Trek initially, when Bhakti gets to know my condition, he convinced me to change our original plan and suggested another safer and easier trekking route (Australian Camp) for me.

I was so grateful for the advice given because I realized that I was not as fit as how I imagined I would be. With Bhakti's help, we completed our trek and return to our home safely. Bhakti's fluent English and his patience gave us very good impression.

Because of the unforgettable trekking experience we had for the first time, in Oct 2016, which is last year, we decided to bring our 2.5-year-old boy and another 3 friends to visit Nepal and do trekking with Bhakti again.

This time, besides trekking, we had the opportunity to visit his hometown in Lumle, a beautiful mountain village in Pokhara and celebrated Dashain Festival with his family. We really impressed by the warm hospitality from all of them and enjoy very much of the quiet and peaceful atmosphere around the village. I really love to see how the other villagers, especially the elderly people interact with Bhakti - I believe only a man with good personality will receive so much love from the people around him.

I would highly recommended Bhakti and Big Sky Treks for the excellent service and thoughtful management!

9  Thank leeyunyann

Dear Yun Yann family and friends ,
I am so happy to read your Great review that you enjoyed your trip to my village during Dashin festival :) at a same time my family were very happy to meet you and celebrate Dashain festival with you . we always happy to give true taste of Nepali culture and experience to our valuable guest .
we still remember all activities with your lovely son and we are missing you already , hope to see you again in near future

With big hug