“Poon hill trek”

Big Sky Treks and Expeditions
Ranked #10 of 143 Outdoor Activities in Pokhara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Big Sky Treks is managed by Locals Professional trekking Guides in Nepal with over 20 years . Big Sky Treks has the best team members with good quality services and itineraries, including various hiking and trekking trails, outdoor and adventure itineraries, cultural and theme tours, home stay experience and so on. We also provide customized itineraries with detailed information which can meet your needs. More importantly, we believe that the sustainability of Big Sky Treks depends on creating lifelong travel memories for each and every travelers in Nepal. Come and join us! Bring your backpack with you and let us show you around Nepal. We promise that you will start your journey in Nepal as a customer of us but last as a friend. This is what we have been doing all along. Explore Nepal Himalayas! Touch Your Big Sky!
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

We joined a Poon hill four days trek with Bhakti. He is an experienced and professional guide, all the food, transportation and accommodation were well arranged. Especially he can arrange the car back to the town in Nepal new year eve and have a lot of nice place for taking photo

2  Thank yuen wai C
Big Sky Treks A, Owner at Big Sky Treks and Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear Guest ,
Namaste and Greeting from Big Sky Treks
Thank you so much for choosing trekking with Us . It was so nice to meet all of you and trek to Ghorepani , Poonhill . I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the trek with our company and satisfy from our services .
Thanks once again for your great review on our TripAdvisor social site . we hope you will give us chance to trek again with you in future.

All reviews
"lifetime experience"
"tea house"
"annapurna base camp"

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I first trekked with Bhakti in Nepal in December 2002. Since 2002 I have been back to Nepal no less than 17 times and I have trekked with Bhakti on 15 of those occasions in the Annapurna and Everest regions. We have done ABC several times, the Annapurna Circuit Trek several times over Thorung La and Everest Base Camp Trek climbing to the view point on Kala Pattar.

Bhakti is superb. It is such a relief to be able to rely on him to make all of the trek arrangements including permits, flight and hotel bookings etc. His english and organisational skills are exceptional.

I have no hesitation in recommending Bhakti for all trekking and travel plans in Nepal. He is very considerate, attentive to detail and 100% trustworthy. We trek together as friends and it is always a wonderful experience. I specialise in bird watching in Nepal and Bhakti's knowledge of the birds and animals is extensive and very helpful.

If anyone reading this would like more information regarding Bhakti I would be happy to provide it. I can be contacted by email on martinjnaylor2003@yahoo.co.uk

5  Thank martinnaylor2017

Dear Martin
Namaste and Greeting from ( Bhakti ) Big Sky Treks
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the trek with me and satisfied from my services .
It is my duty to handle all kind of services once any traveler make booking through my company.
I have a lot of unforgettable memories while trekking with you . You are not only a guest , you are my best friends .
Thanks once again for your great review on our TripAdvisor social site and recommendation many friends to trek with me . As you know me and my company can offer any trekking all over Nepal
Hope to see you soon for Next trekking trips.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

My husband and I did two trekking trips with Bhakti. The first one was in Oct 2013, during my 7-week pregnancy. We planned to do Poon Hill Trek initially, when Bhakti gets to know my condition, he convinced me to change our original plan and suggested another safer and easier trekking route (Australian Camp) for me.

I was so grateful for the advice given because I realized that I was not as fit as how I imagined I would be. With Bhakti's help, we completed our trek and return to our home safely. Bhakti's fluent English and his patience gave us very good impression.

Because of the unforgettable trekking experience we had for the first time, in Oct 2016, which is last year, we decided to bring our 2.5-year-old boy and another 3 friends to visit Nepal and do trekking with Bhakti again.

This time, besides trekking, we had the opportunity to visit his hometown in Lumle, a beautiful mountain village in Pokhara and celebrated Dashain Festival with his family. We really impressed by the warm hospitality from all of them and enjoy very much of the quiet and peaceful atmosphere around the village. I really love to see how the other villagers, especially the elderly people interact with Bhakti - I believe only a man with good personality will receive so much love from the people around him.

I would highly recommended Bhakti and Big Sky Treks for the excellent service and thoughtful management!

9  Thank leeyunyann
Big Sky Treks A, Owner at Big Sky Treks and Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Dear Yun Yann family and friends ,
I am so happy to read your Great review that you enjoyed your trip to my village during Dashin festival :) at a same time my family were very happy to meet you and celebrate Dashain festival with you . we always happy to give true taste of Nepali culture and experience to our valuable guest .
we still remember all activities with your lovely son and we are missing you already , hope to see you again in near future

With big hug

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Congratulations to Bhakti and his company finally get listed on TA.
We went to Nepal in Apr/2017 and planned to go EBC route. On the second day we arrived to domestic airport, we thought just wait for a few hours we can get on the plane and fly to Lukla. But unfortunately, we waited 7 hours and the airport announced all flights will be canceled due to bad weather, we were soooo disappointed and had many question and some grumble to Bhakti. He tried very hard and patiently to explain the situation and suggested us to alternative route instead of keep losing time waiting at the airport. (Some trekkers already waited 2-3days in the airport but still cant get on the plane!)

We finally changed to ABC Poonhill circuit. Then he started to make the phone call to arrange all the transportation, accommodation, permits and most important porters. All the schedule and arrangements were far beyond our expectation, we can have hot shower everyday and visited some local places!

Mr. Bhakti can speak fluent English and very nice. His crews were very friendly too although not good at English. All in all, we had a great time with Big Sky Treks and we are already planning to visit Nepal again in 2018.
Big Sky Treks is definitely our first choice!

4  Thank Choi K

Dear Choi K and group
Namaste and Greeting from Big Sky Treks
Thank you so much for choosing trekking with Us . It was so nice to meet all of you and trek to Ghorepani , Poonhill . I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the trek with our company and satisfy from our services .
It is our duty to handle all kind of problems once any traveler make booking through us.
Thanks once again for your great review on our TripAdvisor social site . we are so glad to hear that you are planning to come back for another trekking with us .
It will be so nice to meet you and trek again in Nepal Himalayas .

See more reviews
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Mr. Bhakti Devkota list his trekking agency finally, here I'm very happy to be the first one to share my story and to express my gratitude.

March I went to Langtang trek with my 2 sisters, Bhakti organized our trip. He have fluent English and well knowledge about mountains, but most importantly, he is a decent and sincere man.

In the first 2 days of trekking, my body situation was fine, but 3rd day when we arrived in Kyanjin Gompa(3798m) I started to have AMS symptoms around 6PM , in the initial just headache, but it getting severe within 2 hours, dizzy, continue vomited and couldn't walk! The tea house boss suggested us next morning need to call the helicopter, but.....my traveling insurance which I bought in Taiwan didn't cover the helicopter rescue in mountains ! If call the helicopter I need to pay several thousands USD by myself! And that night my symptoms got worse very quick, don't know how would it be if wait till next morning. Actually that time I already had mental preparation about next morning need to call helicopter and pay high bill by myself, but Bhakti immediately made the decision, he requested porter carried me, and himself carried the big trekking bag and all our small bags, that night we 5 ppl used headlight went down to Language village, when we arrived in tea house already late night, and my situation getting better after altitude descent.

I know many guides like to call helicopter for guests when they have AMS, coz same time guide also can get a big commission from helicopter company, this is a extra income for them! I'm very lucky to had Bhakti as my guide that time, he and his porter Nir carried me and very heavy bags walked in the snow land at night, and all the way took good care of us and made sure for our safety, I'm really appreciated his help !!

In the future if I have plan to visit Nepal again, Mr.Bhakti and Big Sky Treks is the only choice to me ! Highly recommended !

3  Thank ZolaLinTraveler

Dear Zola Lin,
Namaste and greeting from Nepal :)
It was great pleasure to meet you and take you and your family to Langtang valley trek , we could have great time if you had no any problem if all things were normal , I am so happy that i was able to bring down safely from Kyanjyn gumba to Langtang Valley in the night time.
Money is not everything our relation and friendship is more important , it was my duty to help you in any condition during your Nepal Trips .
Thank you so much for your great and first review on Tripadvisor , it was appreciated.

Warm regards